• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Celia [Tami Star Fortress] A Day for Seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangfan

Inactive Member
Henry was in a conference room with several engineers, who were wearing an assortment of red, green, and gray Star Army uniforms. Henry was the only white-shirt in the room, as well as the only Nepleslian. The remaining people in the room were mostly Nekovalkyrjas, along with a few Geshrins. They were in quiet but intense discussion about the progress of reconstruction and repairs being done on the Tami star fortress. About a dozen datapads, each displaying a roughly sketched schematic, littered the large conference table in the center of the room.

Almost all of the structural repairs had been completed, and life support had long been restored. Most of the important systems were being brought online. But many non-essential and backup systems remained to be fixed, and were competing for the attention of the station's crew. Even with the assistance of some of the best computers humanity had ever manufactured, brilliant engineers would come up with differing, imperfect designs and solutions. And sadly, even an empire can only provide a finite amount of resources in a finite amount of time.

Shina flowed into the room like a warm spring breeze. She lightly tapped Henry on the shoulder to get his attention, and then whispered something into his ear.

Henry raised an eyebrow upon hearing what Shina had to say. His right cybernetic eye faintly glowed green for a moment as he activated the chronometer inside.

With a look of surprise on his face, he addressed the assembled engineers in the room, "It's 1351 hours, guys and gals. I'd like to apologize for keeping you here past the lunch hour. To make it up to you, I'm taking all of you out to lunch at the nearest cafeteria. What do you say, people?â€

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back