• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Character Tanaka Sekiko

I'm Only Dancing

Inactive Member
Character Name: Tanaka Sekiko

Species: Geshrin
Creator/Parents: Tanaka Dake (father) and Shimazu Yurika (mother)

Faction: Independent
Current Assignment: N/A

Hair color and Style: Sekiko's hair is black. Simple enough. Bobbed at shoulder length, her hair usually hangs loose: she prefers not to taint "natural beauty" with artificial styles. Ironic, since natural beauty is mostly a thing of the past.
Build and Skin Color: Sekiko is somewhat smaller than an average Geshrin, though her build is essentially average. Standing at 5'3" and weighing 108 pounds, she is neither intimidating nor particularly overlookable. Her skin is a sallow hue - a very pale olive framed by her
Face and Eye Color: A narrow, ratlike face, replete with the energy and mischief of a girl who never really grew up and had no wish to. Soft grey eyes glint with something between playfulness and malice, her victims usually claim the latter. Her face portrays emotions very easily, she can be read like a book by those who give her expressions just a bit of thought.
Distinguishing Features: Very little makes Sekiko look much different from any other grey-eyed black-haired Geshrin. A nick in the top of her right ear from a childhood accident is occasionally visible, though little else worth noting is present.

Personality: Above all else, Sekiko is neutral and peaceful, though curious to a fault and with a playful streak that gets her in more trouble than its worth. She doesnt care what others do, so long as they dont drag her into it. She has no great love of military affairs, viewing violence as a resort for those too stupid to find another path, but is not particularly condescending, and believes in fighting for self-defense. Basically, if you leave her alone, you usually wont be subject to a childish prank or an unfulfilled childhood fantasy.

Likes: Music, food, intricate plans involving insane and often impossible goals, light purple
Dislikes: Her plans being foiled, violence, firearms, prostitutes, arrogance, and intolerance.
Goals: To paint a Yamatai military vessel bright purple and frame an important officer for doing so.

Class: Empath
Skills:
Language: Geshrin - 5
Charm - 3
Persuasion - 3
Musical Instrument: Shamisen - 6 (for Learned Skill)
Public Speaking - 4
Reading (Music) - 4
Writing (Music) - 4
Singing - 4
Learned Skills
Language: Japanese - 4
Gymnastics - 4

History: Sekiko grew up on a merchant ship which freighted goods to the highest bidder. Her parents were, well, merchants. She grew up with everything she could have wanted. Which is to say, a shamisen, plenty of food, and more free time than anyone could possibly need.

Throughout her childhood, she often heard her parents speak of the various factions in the terrible conflict, and through her early years she was indoctrinated to a view which simply passed off all these morons and their fighting as 'moronic'.

Though her first and most important passion has always been music, Sekiko developed a passing skill with the Japanese language due to a consistent immersion in it, from the traders who her parents spoke with, and from her parents when they thought she was asleep. To this day, she uses said language at every opportunity, to show off her skills. Still a child at heart.

She was thirteen years old when the first hardship struck her life. Her father was killed by a Yamatai soldier after attempting to pull a scam... and failing. Sekiko and her mother escaped with the ship, and with the money. But neither one of them was able to shrug away the vision of Dake's death.

Her mother was killed two years later, attempting a similar scam on the Elysian navy. It was here that Sekiko was at last deposed of her life with everything handed to her. She quickly learned that the real world is not so forgiving as a sheltered life under the wings of one's parents.

Inventory: A single possession worth noting - her shamisen.[/i]

Your character pleases my mind and I am more than happy to approve her for use in our story roleplay. Welcome to the StarArmy RPG!

If you can be here at about eight-thirty PM tonight, eastern daylight time, I plan to start some RP as soon as I get back from Japanese class at the college, and we can get your character included in one of our plots.

Also, please take a moment to post in the Contact Info thread so you can be properly credited and we can talk to one another. We do most of our RP over Yahoo Instant Messenger, so if you don't have it, I would encourage you to download it. I find it to be a favorite out of all the IM programs I've tried. :)

I can't wait to RP with you! Welcome to our little "family."

I liked how the history was detailed, but your character wasn't the center of a whole bunch of attention. It affected her but not a whole lot of other people who would know her or anything, and that's good. Pre-written histories that have the character acting as a hero or something along those lines are bad but you did good in giving your character a history.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back