• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Task Force 501

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:units::task_force_501#details_about_task_force_501
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
What started as a refresh of my old PVP ship for use with my plot turned into something more. I largely made up the IRNs based on what I think were numbers used for older plumerias. But those can be adjusted to whatever.

There is a sub-submission of the actual ship that started this off, the renamed YSS Yukikaze [https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:yss_yukikaze]. It might spin off into its own plot. But as of now, it will be featured mostly in the G/75.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
One of the lessons learned from the battle was that the Kagai-Class Assault Ship was not an ideal platform to support Giretsu fulfilling space/boarding oriented tasks. Nor was the ship particularly ideal for quick reaction scenarios where said centuries and other quick reaction type units might be deployed on their own to support a legion's efforts or other objectives for the Star Army as a whole. A more nimble and well-armed vessel would be needed for the task.
Can you explain this further? The Kagai was designed for these tasks and this paragraph says it's bad at its job. Why?

It is in reference to RP during episode 8 of the YSS Sakishima [https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/yss-sakishima-episode-8-paradise-lost.65016/] where one was destroyed attempting to support a Giretsu Century boarding a Kuvexian carrier. From what I have read and its weapon loadout, the Kagai is more for planetary assaults for the legions. While the 2E fits more the profile of what I am looking for with its wide assortment of weapons and ability to operate with limited support. The Rikugun package just makes it perfect for what I have in mind.

Granted that particular battle was meant to be a loss. But I just feel like the Plumeria's main gun and smaller size would have done a lot more help as well. I can write something else if need be. :)

Last edited:
3 Day Timer!

I don't see a specific template for this sort of thing, so I've done a general pass on it. I made a few small changes while taking a look. You can see those here. All in all, seems like a solid submission!

I'll take Wes' comments as a general FM approval, unless he wants to raise an issue in the next few days.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

During the review, I noticed that the namespace doesn't match the standard. Your new link is https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:units:task_force_501. No reason to make you go fix it. :)

Approved!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back