• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Tech Request, Yamatai] New Ground Vehicles for the Rikugun

Firebrand

Inactive Member
So, as I'm planning a ground combat plot for Yamatai, you could call it that? So while going through the SAOY inventory of vehicles, I found some things missing that I'm not sure I have he capacity to create.

What I would be most grateful to receive designs for are the following:

• Command versions of the following vehicles; capable of holding the CnC equipment and command staff of groups of up to 500 personell
    • Type 33 Grav APC
    • Type 35 Light Gunship
    • Type 35 General Purpose Carrier
  • A Mortar carrier based off of the Type 35 General Purpose Carrier
  • A heavier self propelled Howitzer mounted on the same chassis as the Type 35 MBT
  • A more robust set of weapons for the Kirie and Keiko

You have my FM approval to develop those designs for submission.

Oh, I almost forgot.

The Rikugun's going to need a Combat Engineering Vehicle, preferably based on an existing chassis; a dedicated Reconnaisance IFV, the same as above; and a recovery vehicle, also based on an existing chassis.

I can work on a variant for the Type 33 Grav APC. Probably could have it by end of the week.

That's a lot of work. What happens if you don't get it all?

I make do. Probably try to pull the Sylph out of retirement to fill the recon niche, maybe buy Winter II's from Osaka for close air support or something. I can always use the CAMIE as a recovery vehicle too.

@Kirkatan Regarding the Sylph......if memory serves, most (if not all) of them were refurbished and assigned to the YSS Takamagahara (due to the fact that it's entirely crewed by Mini-Nekos); fortunately, I'm fairly certain that a properly-outfitted Mindy could fulfill a similar role.

Last edited:
You're better off simply going ahead with the plot using vehicles that were modified IC for these roles. If the plot takes off and you get enough players, then you should worry about making the articles. Otherwise, you got these articles that people put all this work into, and no plot or players behind them, their time and effort wasted.

That's probably for the best. I just don't want someone coming in and wanting to do something and then being discouraged 'cause it isn't a thing.

You're starting in Open RP, where the canon is soft. If something isn't a thing IC it's less of a big deal than in a plot that has been running for many years and might be dealing with multiple factions IC.

Worry less about the bureaucratic red tape now, and focus more on creating interesting IC scenarios for your players to experience and have fun with.

You can slog through the paperwork after you have people playing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back