• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Techno's Art Garage

Hi everyone.

After putting some thought into it, I have decided to offer art comissions of ground vehicle. These can be of existing SARP vehicles, art of vehicle ideas that are to be submitted for approval, and maybe real life vehicles.

Out of the goodness of my heart, I am offering my services for free. Please note, though, that they may not be finished right away because I have college Monday to Thursday, and they also may not be the best quality as I don't have tools to be able to draw digitally, so they'll be done on paper.

I look forward to seeing what vehicles you would like me to draw. >3<

Well, this old vehicle has apparently never had artwork and could use some. Anything would be better than nothing. Would you be willing to give it a try?

I'll give it try.

The description seemed like it wants me to think of an actual Land Rover. Thus, I'll try and draw it so that it resembles a Range Rover Evoque.

Heya, if you want to draw a gunmetal grey Scion FR-S go for it, it'd make my day!

I could use a large transport truck for 188604. Since I know little about trucks, can you design one? Go with whatever truck style is best!

@Zack
ai.imgur.com_yeGNvCfh.jpg
It has a gas turbine engine that puts out roughly 1000 bhp.

The first 2 axles on the cab have proportional steering. The 3-axle inter-dolly on the trailer has parallel steering and the last 4 axles on the trailer have also proportional steering. This is so that it is able to traverse tighter corners.

I like this, I think if I had you around earlier my attempt at a large truck would have turned out much better. Would you mind if I wrote up an article for this and tried to model it in 3D?

Previously I knew what a lot of those words meant, but seeing it along with the image this all makes a bit more sense. The last one I made was 4x4 and all wheel steering, but that doesn't make a lot of sense for a cab as compared to your setup with the 8 wheels and some space so that the whole apparatus can turn a bit easier.

If you had to build this so that the driver could move the cab and connect/disconnect a trailer without having to get out of the cab what would you do?

Do it the same, but add a lever alongside the parking brake in the cab that the driver cab pull which releases the locking pin in the fifth wheel and allows the trailer to be disconnected.

It was also a little bit of a rushed piece, so excuse the scruffiness of it compared to my other comissions.

And sure. You can have a try at modelling it in 3D. If I had something like SolidWorks installed onto my laptop, then I would be able to model it myself. But as it stands, it's only on the college PCs and it's a lot of money for a licence to use it.

Also, the cab is meant to based off of the next generation Scania R series. Heres a frontal view of the R series to guage what the front of your truck will look like: http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8602/28702617323_d75432d9cb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You still making art? Any new stuff to show off now that you're back? :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back