• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission Teisatsu-class Special Operations Support Transport

Locked_0ut

Convention Veteran
A smallish modular transport for moving special ops teams and supporting them while they're on their missions. Can be arranged for missions as varied as combat search and rescue, reconnaissance, covert incretion and extraction, and even hazard containment missions depending on the module in use.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Due to this ship being for the Star Army, we've had a long-standing requirement for art on Star Army ships. Is there any way you can provide a DOGA model, or have someone help you out with some art? Unless @Wes is willing to grant an exception of course.

Last edited:
Not currently no funds to order a commission. I can start messing around with blender but it won't be pretty
Another option would be DOGA. You could also ask another SARP community member to help you if they are open to it. Commissions aren't something required.

so what makes it different from other 3d art programs? I already have access to blender. Either way I still have to learn a program right?

If you make a 2D top and side view, I can make a basic shape in blender. Someone else would need to detail it since my skills in those areas are still lacking.

DOGA can be best seen like 3D legos. The basics of it has a way lower learning curve as you just slam parts into a greater shape. I used to use it before I went to linux.

so what makes it different from other 3d art programs? I already have access to blender. Either way I still have to learn a program right?
Either way yes, DOGA is easier because the "parts" are premade and you move them into the shapes you want. Either way, I suppose it does require learning a program.

If you make a 2D top and side view, I can make a basic shape in blender. Someone else would need to detail it since my skills in those areas are still lacking.

DOGA can be best seen like 3D legos. The basics of it has a way lower learning curve as you just slam parts into a greater shape. I used to use it before I went to linux.
yeah I'll see what I can do, I've already got the general deck layout.
Either way yes, DOGA is easier because the "parts" are premade and you move them into the shapes you want. Either way, I suppose it does require learning a program.
Yeah, I don't know if it would really shorten the curve, most main SA ships are Ke right? So I'm assuming most existing SARP blocks follow closer to that style while This one's Yugumo with a hand full of SAoY standard sub systems (most of which are internal) Most of the weapons are retractable as well so I don't know how many existing assets would be that useful.

Most SAOY ships are Ke= Ketsurui Fleet Yards produced, yes. Any luck on art for this?

would it be Ke if Yugumo is manufacturing it?
and no, not yet, it's been a bit of a backburner issue.
No It would be Yu. I will leave it on wait.

we need updated replacements for the MFY components instead of referencing them directly hmmmmm

Also, this "feels like" it would be a KFY ship, but I can't really articulate why, maybe I need to think about it

Also if it is produced for the Star Army it would still use Star Army Standard Interiors, not MFY. It's why Yugumo has agreements with KFY and is a major corp.

I am going to notate that explicitly on the Tanya SAoY version, because that was the example article used.

I just had a WILD idea, gonna throw it out there.

@demibear what do you think if this was a Ryu Keiretsu ship? It kinda fits with the stuff they make and would still use all those Yugumo internal components, cause that's what RHI kinda does... builds the hulls, stuffs em with Yugumo components they buy on special pricing, loads their custom overlay on the KAIMON and out the door it goes.

Something similar happens with the Ryoko. But it would still get passed over to Yugumo Corporation to install all the SAoY components. If it isn't something they would make, I can do it if Locked agrees.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back