• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [Template] Ammunition Template Update

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not that its a huge deal, nor is it super duper important, but OOC information is automatically generated (date and time of creation as well as user) when you hit the create page button.

Ye, but if someone copies the template, Ctrl+A's the text on the page they just created (which I tend to do, as it's faster), then pastes the template code in, they're deleting that auto-generated OOC information.

Or, do what i do, and just copy past over the auto template thing and leave the ooc there because you aint never gonna get the exact time of creation by guessing ;3

You claim to value speed yet you have just added several extra steps to the process and now i am twitching in my chair

Either way its not exactly gonna hinder approval as i said lol

What I do is this: Create the article and then copy and paste over the template, deleting the template's OOC info and leaving the auto-generated OOC info. That's what I do for any template, and the OOC info section was a part of the template before frost did anything so I don't see why you're bent out of shape about it now.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ - ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ - ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Notes:

"much-easier-to-read" I think you need less hyphens here, if any at all.

To streamline it, you could do away with the end of the first paragraph, "...for the convenience of reading."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back