• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Template] Components

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=templates:component
Submission Faction(s)
  1. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
I've been using this template for myself for a while now when making various small articles such as scopes, modules and all that and interest from about 2-3 people gave me the idea to throw something up on the wiki as a template for others to use too (most recently @Glein for the YIRS)

Anywho, I'm guessing I would need @Wes to weigh in on this, guess this is all I need to say ^^

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
A few suggestions/ideas just after looking at this real quick

1. I think that maybe you should consider adding these as separate fields (under the designer section you already have), similar to the starship template vs just having it in the general description:
* **Manufacturer:** <Component and location of manufacture>
* **Fielded by:** <Organizations using this component>

2. Maybe a section where the production level of the components can be explained - Is it limited production? mass produced? prototype only? Where is this available for sale/contact NPC or PC?

I never got a notification for this post, many apologies.

I can add those sections in, yeah no worries - but for your last point wouldn't it just make sense for people to put that under the availability section near the bottom? For instance the things I have made with this I've stated that the items are available in specific kinds of stores or through Galactic Horizon's website (the company I have made most of them for)

Anyway I'll add the 'manufacturer' and 'fielded by' sections then see what you have to say ^^;

That works for me.

What I was referring to in terms of production is this:

Companies produce products and components at different rates. For example:

• If I produce a part that can be put on any class of starship, produced a lot of them, kept stock in storage for replacement, repair, or new productions - it would be considered Mass Production.
  • If I then produce a part that is for a specific class of starship, made only enough to meet the demand and kept limited storage - it would be considered Limited production/On-demand.
  • If I produce a part for a prototype, that never sees mass production, only that one or a very few numbers of parts is made - it would be considered Prototype or One-Time Production.
Over time, the production level can change:
  • If a limited item becomes in high demand, it can be switched to Mass production. Likewise, if something mass produced can become limited production if the sale or demand for that item goes down.
Anyway, it is just a suggestion, I think it brings realism to the table rather than it being assumed every item by every company is mass produced and stockpiled en-mass.

I'll admit I did misinterpret that the first time but I see what you mean now and my view remains mostly the same, being that someone using the template could just note it down under availability, but maybe I should go add something about it under the availability section's header.

Absolutely it can be noted in availability.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:
Does the last colon (before namespace) need to be here?:
"...the (Insert faction or corporation here):(Insert nomenclature or component name here): namespace."

Approved

omg that emoji fail on my part. Well, thanks for submitting, I always love seeing a template being added.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back