• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Template] Drone/Robotics Template

Arbitrated

The Smollest Smol
🦊 FM of Neshaten
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=templates:drone
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Nepleslia
  3. Elysia
  4. Poku (HSC)
  5. Iromakuanhe
  6. Non-Playable Factions
  7. Outlaws (Independent)
  8. Neshaten
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
The name's more or less a placeholder, I'd love to get a better idea for a final name for this.

I realized that SARP doesn't really have any sort of template for drones/robots/deployable things like that. I think one might be pretty useful!

(Also, @Wes is the setting master and all that, but I'd love to get feedback and questions from everyone else too!)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like what I've read, this is simple and right to the point, it isn't complex, isn't convuluted.

[ x ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ️x ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ x ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ x ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ x ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ - ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels (Not Required)
[ x ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ x ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ - ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc. (Not Required)
[ - ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread. (Not Required)

To be honest, this isn't really a difficult one to gauge. I'll give it a grave period of a few days, during that time other members of the community can chime in. I'll give Wes a poke the next time I see him to see if he has any thoughts or problems with the article, otherwise I'll stamp it :)

Well I looked at some drones/robots and they tend to have somewhat small pages - maybe if stuff like that gets used more often in SARP, then the template could get some expansion?

Oh, and I put a little bit more information into the top of the page to basically state that it's for small things, as opposed to a vehicle or ship "drone".

What do you guys think about it being called the "Automaton Template"?

Alrighty, I'll stick with drone, then ^^

I do believe that all we need now is Setting Master approval to get this approved.

Seems OK to me.

Have you looked at some of the existing robots of SARP for ideas on what should be in there (FARS, etc)?

This is FM Approved

With that:

[ x ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ x ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ x ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ x ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ x ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Thus it is approved!

Coolio~

(I musta missed something about this though? Either other top-level staff members getting the ability to SM-approve or maybe a Wes post? o .o)
(Or maybe I'm just forgetful ><) Added the approval link into the template's page!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back