• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Thaxaria/Thaxarians Idea

System: Throx
Planet: Thaxaria
Type:
Stellar Radius: 1.5 AU from star
Circumference:
Surface Gravity: 1.2 G
Length of Day: 144 hours (24 x 6 = 144)
Length of Year: 2,190 days (365 x 6 = 2,190)

Background and History:
Overall: Thaxaria is a Unique world full of life of many Creatures but few races. A mysterious race of Primitive warriors live in the Cliffs of this world. Although primitive they still have some technology from the Dark Ages where they desolated 3 now unknown races from the Throk Galaxy (Undiscovered Galaxy). The Planet Has forests, swamps and huge lakes of Fresh water beholding many strange creatures.

The forests are the thaxarians source of food where they hunt very large reptilian like creatures called "Thaxarian Dragon Beasts" which are about 9 feel tall and 16 feet long.

The beasts helped in a wide spread war caused by slavers landing on the planet and they were all vanquished by the primitive race showing they aren't weak even against technology but suffered many casualties. Besides its history it also has contaminated swamps that a more sinister race thrives. In the Deep ancient Woodlands of thaxaria are a very strange place to be.

Each Trail you go could lead to salvation or certain death for a mysterious race called 'Demons' because they have a set of wings which only serve a purpose of striking fear and hiding in foliage. These demons have fangs and claws and occasionally Bat-like ear.

The demons are simmiliar to bats to the point where they must use sonnar in the darkness of the forest so long there almost blind but if they travel from the woods after a while they regain there eyesight.

Cities and Landmarks:

Graves of the Fallen: This is where the thaxarians who fell during the Slaying of the Slavers war occurred. They still hold their weapons in their cold dead hands.

Urthixia: This is the land where the urthixians Thrive on the contaminated waters of this swamp.

Thaxaria: A giant domed in city with millions of thaxarians residing in its walls. There is said to be relic weapons such as mechs and heavy energy weapons deep wihing the citadel, another structure within the dome the largest in fact. All thaxarians wear cloaks and they communicate among each other frequently.

Bonewire Fields: A large field of many veny sharp and long grass-like plants that can ensnare any who travel through it carelessly. It is classified as Highly Dangerous to outlanders

Shadeborn Forest Another dangerous place where any one who isn't careful not only might get killed (or sometimes captured depending on how interesting your race is or if your thaxarian they will know to leave you alone.) or fall into a Pit deep pit of spikes along the walls and at the bottom.

The Great Darksteel Mines: The stout thaxarians that work in these mines spend the day mining darksteel for weapons and armor for the armorers and weapons smiths. Darksteel is a very strong metal like that of a super metal. Darksteel grows deep below the planet surface and that is why the thaxarian dwarves got their names

If your only 1.5 AU from your star, you have 96 hour days and it takes thousands of days to circle your star then your planet is probably not moving fast enough to remain in orbit.

Just playing devil's advocate ;p

Agreed, you certainly need to increase the distance quite greatly. 1 AU is the distance between the earth and the sun. For a 30,000 which is all of 100 times longer than are year would need a drasticly longer amount of AU's.

I don't think it's a linear equation between the distance to the sun and year length. Also, if the sun is much smaller/lighter than ours (and ours is fairly big), then the planet can stay in orbit with a slower speed.

I agree that, if you want to be precise on this, some number crunch would be needed. Given the laws of gravity, the mass of of the sun, and the distance from the planet to the sun, and assuming a mostly circular orbit, the time it takes for the planet to orbit the sun is determined to a good approximation. (If it's too slow it would fly toward the sun. If it's too fast it would fly away.)

The way I'd do it would be to have a truly massive sun but have the planet very far away. Thus it could still be travelling at a normal s[eed fpr a planet, yet could still have a 30,000 day year since it has a massive way to travel.

You haven't changed the AU, although you've multiplied the Earth standard year by a factor of 6. Also the length of the day, although it's fine as 6 times longer than earths, does not need to be. It can be as long or short as you like.

Is it Rquired to lower the AU because i speeded up the orbit of thaxaria But im not sure if its too fast or too slow so i need to know

Sure have it at 1.5 AU's if you like except your planet is going to be travelling at massive speeds, really massive speeds. Their be huge centrefugal forces that will greatly effect the planet and the life on it. I can't be bothered to work out the speeds at the moment, but it would at least be 6 x 1.5 x the speed of earth, taking into acount the spin of earth and the gravitational strength of our sun, as relative to their sun. If you can work out all those factors, and the other ones that will exist but haven't occured to me yet (compossition of the planet would be one) but others will be sure to fill you in, then you can have the right AU.

I am quite possibly the worst mathmatician and practical scientist on this site. I have no capability to help you here. Oh wait.

AU = (M/S)/Sm

AU = Astronomical Units (distance of earth from the sun)
M = Mass of planet
S = Speed of planets orbit
Sm = Solar Mass (how large the sun is in comparison to our own.

This likely doesn't work but it might give a framework. Also the rotational speed of the planet which effects centerfugal forces, and the gravitational effect of the natural sattelites might have an effect, as well as the tug of any large nearby planets.

The mass of the planet is your planet's gravity times the mass of the earth.

Ok Forget the warpgate idea i almost have a rp post (i cannot figure out the mass of thaxaria or Earth so don't yell at me :( ) but before i can post it i nedd to know...which planet should they arrive on first before i can finish it. and also the mass of thaxaria.

If you write stories, I don't mind any.

Told you Jadg would go after that definitian. Anyway shouldn't the composition of the planet also have something to do with it, unless it has the exact same content of earth.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back