• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

The Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skhaal

Inactive Member
In a dimly lit study in the T.H.A building (Thaxarian History Archives) the Avatar of Thaxaria, Skhaal, was reading through one of the ancient tomes about the past of Thaxaria before the Slaver War when he found a article about a flagship that had been hidden: The Citadel of the Lords.

Skhaal walked through the hallways towards the meeting that was being held by the elders of Thaxaria along with the King and Queen of Thaxaria. He burst through the doors angrily, and the king rose from his thrown
"What is the meaning of this Skhaal?"

"Well, my liege," He almost spat "It has come to my attention that you have been hiding from us a certain flagship."

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about." Skhaal couldn't help a slight smirk at this pathetic excuse for a king

"My liege, tell me where the flagship is so I may use it to contact other races in order to obtain allies and weapon to fight the Uthixians, or I will commandeer it." The king's eyes bulged but he slumped back into his thrown, knowing he was defeated

"Fine, you may use it but your going to need to read the manual in the compartment beneath the Control Terminal in the main control room. Also I order you to take along with you four Elite Master Warriors and six Master Warriors. You may go now, your king has spoken"

Skhaal bowed deeply to his king and walked of, allowing the weak monarch to maintain a thread of authority. Skhaal went to make the necessary preparations. Skhaal and his Crew gathered supplies from the supply room in the citadel. They moved crates of food, weapons and spare fuel because the Flagship had not been used for quite some time.

Skhaal also went to the R.A. (Relic Armory) and was confronted by the guards but as soon as they saw The symbol on his right forearm. The
Guards stepped aside and let him through into the Armory. took a suit of ceremonial relic armor which was made of darksteel. The armor looked beautiful at the same time dark mysterious being made of a black metal and all.

The Thaxarians then made their way through a series of dusty corridors, deep under The Citadel of the Lords untill they came to a fine metal door. Skhaal entered the numeric sequence he'd found in the manual into the panel to the side and the door slid open. And then for the first time they saw the flagship.

Skhaal found his awe in it took his breath away, while one of the Master Warriors genuflected, apparently one of the Thaxarians which held the relics to be religious. The Flagship was magnificent, even though it was badly damaged, huge burns ran down it's side and in several places the hull was damaged.

The reports Skhaal had found said that the weapons systems where inoperative, but it had life support, and at least enough energy to make a single "Wormhole". Skhall's eyes where drawn to the wing appendages which had a savage beauty and where sharp enough to cut through an opposing ships hull. He activated the console on the exterior of the ship and entered the passcode that was detailed in the manual.

The hatch came down and soon they were all in the control room, albeit tightly packed. The manual said that this was the area best protected by the hull and remaining shielding, and so where the crew should stay. Skhaal took the captains chair and all the command functions lit up, sensing his presence. He vocally reeled off the command code and a holographic screen appeared before him. However it was fuzzing and distorted, and likely unsafe to use to Skhaal, after looking through the manual, dismissed it with a wave of his hand and used the manual controls instead.

With a strong buzz throughout the ship the craft lifted itself above the floor, and the huge metal doors that made up the top of the shuttle bay opened, debris and dust collapsing in. The ship slowly ascended out and once it was a good three hundred feet over the ground sped up until it was in orbit. Skhaal looked at the manual again and pressed the relevant buttons to open a "worm hole" to a pre-set destination . A shaky beam shot out of the underside of the ship and created a swirling vortex in space which the ship was sucked into.
The shuttle emerged from the wormhole and found itself orbiting around an unknown planet. Skhaal turned to the others.

"Okay, anyone know what to do now? We don't have enough energy to make another jump and I hadn't really thought about what to do now." No one answered "Fine. I guess we will have to wait for them to contact us I mean this is a bit hard to go un-noticed..." Skhaal said with a bit of annoyance.

Skhaal picked up the manual and read why there was an annoying little button blinking and finaly figured out that it was an incoming message. Skhaal was a bit relieved that contact was made finaly as he pressed the blinking burron on the manual interface terminal and activated a screen showing from wence the signal came on a radar type maping system. After listening to the message Skhaal replied "Uh...yeah we are kinda stuck here...we came from Thaxaria...we need to get some where that can repair this vessel...also if you must know I am Skhaal..." He replied in a slightly emotionless tone.

"We have receieved your condition. I shall consult my superiors." The captain went back to his seat and oponed a com to one of the Advisors.
"Sir we have a ship which claims to be 'Thaxarian' and heavily damage. Do I have your permission to investigate?"
"Fine fine, just get to close scanning range, clarify the situation and then call me again. Keep me abreast of the situation." The Adisor yawned; the Captain had a shrewd idea that he might have been sleeping on duty.
"Very well sir. We shall cary on as ordered." The captain shut down the link "Helmsman, set a course to the ship, normal speed." He felt the gentle feeling of the huge ship moving, it would be a little time before they where there. In the meantime he started to do a proper job of scanning, but some messed up gravitational fluctuations where throwing off the scans, not an unusual phenomenon for the Fenyar cloud. It did apear to be the size of a three deck vessel, with sweeping wings.

Skhaal was hoping that they weren't going to be stranded out in the darkness of space, he turned around in his chair towards the accompanying thaxarians "Alright this could be help... or it could be a trap such as the slavers pulled on us many years ago so keep your eyes on them..." the thaxarians and elites nodded and Skhaal sat in his chair waiting to see what would happen.

The thaxarians who were with Skhaal looked through the thick glass windshield type window and saw a massive ship heading towards them with awe in their eyes. Skhaal then turned to see what they were staring at and saw the massive ship and wondered if they were coming to pick them up or just leave them there....

"Sir, proximity scans reveal the hull is made of a form of unidentified hyper-dense metal, the gravitational distortions seem to be coming from a unison between a faulty gravitational drive, an advanced one at that, a gravitational field and the after effects of an artificial wormhole. There are 11 biosigns, not human and not recognised by the computer. The weapons systems appear to be offline and inoperable.â€

The thaxarians waited patiently as they waited for the tan skinned beings to near the entrance of the flagship before they opened the 3rd level bay doors which led into the ship iteslf. Skhaal stood up and faced a group of master guard thaxarians "Three of you go and secure anything that that is holy and sacred...â€

"Close it up boys, dunno what we're gonna find on this ship," said the captain of the security squad brought in to secure the vessel. "First contact eh? let's make it a good 'un!"

The seven lightly armed soldiers moved, almost impercetibly, across the vast dock toward the alien vessel. From behind them, a sudden cry rang out, echoing in the cavernous bay. "Stop! Stop I say!"

Turning, suprised at the shout, the captain saw a white haired Elysian jogging over to them wearing a lab coat and absurd looking goggles. "Aha. I ah... almost missed the ah... greeting of a new species!" Said the scientist, out of breath. "Shall we ah... proceed?"

Continuing over to the vessel, scientist in tow and chattering to the bewildered troops, the soldiers rounded a curve in the hull and saw a large hatch set flush with the plating around it.

"Looks like this is it boys," said the captain, "Wilks, get that-" "Nonono! No captain! you must ah... allow me..." yelped the Elysian. Pulling out a strange looking handset from the folds of his coat, he stood staring at it for a moment, then murmured "um... ah. yes." and pointed it at the hull for a moment, squinting along the small aerial at the end. Instinctively the soldiers stepped back, but in a moment the scientist had whisked the device back into his coat and looked at the bewildered Wilks, standing a little bit away from the rest and holding several explosive charges. "Well ah... what are you waiting for man? get ah... get on with it!"

The terrified Wilks crept forward under the burning glare of the Elysian, setting his charges around the seals on the hatch. motioning everyone to step back, he moved to the side and clicked down on the detonator in his hand. immediately the scientist ran forward, yelling "Ah!" into the clouds of smoke as he faded from view. Walking back out again slowly a few seconds later, he brushed innefectually at his face, trying to remove the coating of metal particles and dust that had covered it. "Um... yes. Carry on..." he muttered, scowling and following the bewildered security guards into the ship.

After hearing an explosion Skhaal growled and then looked at the thaxarians that accompied him "Go see what made that noise...â€

Suprised by the sudden appearance of the Thraxians, the captain of the squad jumped, his men turning to see him facing one of the tall, armored warriors and quaking. The Elysian bounded forward to follow the aliens as they swept along the corridor, almost tripping himself as he jumped onto the trimming of one cloak. Gabbling inanely at the silent warriors, he rushed along the corridors followed by the confused, scared security officers, headed by their still trembling captain. One, the least easily fazed, mumured "let's make this a good one...", setting the others off into low, nervous laughter as they trailed through the dark corridors.

The thaxarians led the guards and the elysian into the control room but as soon as they entered the room the thaxarian warrior went to Skhaal as if guarding him since there spears had unaveragly wide wide and flat blades with the addition that the metal was incredibly endurant but really rare on there planet. Skhaal looked at the elysian seeing he was different from the rest of them "So... whom would you be?â€

"Oh! I am ah... I am Ephesus! An Elysian scientist working for ah... NovaCorp. Who incindentaly are the ah... the ones who picked you up!" He gabbled. The security guards clustered behind him, wary of the tall armored Thraxians and to a man, unconsciously fingered their gun belts. Ephesus continued, taking advantage of the sudden silence, "And who might you ah... be? I'm sorry if I ah... If I sound rather strange, I'm excited! It's not often one gets to ah... gets to greet a new race in first contact!"

"I am Skhaal, Avatar of Thaxaria. We welcome you as long as you don't try anything stupid; otherwise just relax. Anyway we came here to get assistance from a less primitive race than us and judging on the weapons that your slightly nervous guards carry and the leviathan of a ship you have constructed and picked us up with, it appears we have found the right race." The thaxarian guards watched the guards accompanying Ephesus like so many hawks, still distrustful of their intentions, despite their leaders informal and comfortable attitude.

"Hello Avatar ah... Skhaal, on behalf of ah... NovaCorp... and the Yamataian Star Empire! ahaha! We hope to learn more of your ah... your people and cultures!" Ephesus recited because he thought it was the sort the thing he should say before getting down to the bit that intrested him. "Aid you say? Well ah... at NovaCorp are always happy to provide aid, except it tends to um... cost! What sort of ah... aid will you be requiring? I'm sure mode of payment can come ah... can come later!" His mind quickly turned to possible types of aid, mainly rotating around his new "pets" the Arahchni drones, crates of toast and gift-wrapped bombs.

The captain shifted his weight nervously, aware that he was the one meant to make first contact but not really wanting to get in the way of the strange scientist. He edged over to him and whispered in his ear, "Uhm... sir, you may easily jeopardise our position by promising things we can't supply...", to which the Elysian swung around, glaring. "These people have... have asked for our h-help Sir! HOW can you say that?!". Turning back to the armored Thraxian Avatar, his face a picture of friendliness, he murmured "A bit of ah... rebellious talk there mister Skhaal..." Pausing a moment, he continued "Would you and your ah... your warriors agree to accompany us aboard our ah... our vessel? I'm sure you have much to discuss with our ah... leaders..."

Skhaal didn't really trust the Elysian, even though his face apeared harmless. It reminded him of his brothers, and he was worried that he would be betrayed by the Elysian in the same way that he had been betrayed by Arthixis. However he knew that he could handle himself better than his men could, as they where of lower ranks, but they where still his fellow Thaxarians. "My men and I will have to talk over this briefly, please wait a moment. I apologise for the inconveniance" Skhaal said in a voice devoid of emotion, and stood up and got into a huddle with the other Thaxarians to discuss the sitation.

The huddle broke up and Skhaal approached the elysian and was much taller up close rather than when he had been sitting in the chair accross the room. Skhaal spoke to the elysian "We have agreed to leave the ship, all of my men but three that are guarding the relic weapons and tools left to us by our ancestral warriors."

The Elysian nodded, shuffling his wings. "That is ah... acceptable I suppose. Would you ah... follow me, once we have exited your ah... you ship, of course."

The captain of the security team, quite annoyed now that the Elysian was taking over his position as leader, muttered "Sir, please do not do my job for me..." in his ear as Ephesus turned and walked by him. The scientist did not appear to hear, continuing to walk to the entrance of the chamber. "I am afraid you will ah... have to guide us out of your ship Skhaal." He said, pausing and turning to face the Thraxian once more.

Skhaal nodded and turned to the thaxarians then at the door way. Skhaal and the group of thaxarians made their way behind the elysian and the guards "Follow us." Skhaal said without emotion as they made their way down the hallway followed by the guards and the elysian. Skhaal's metal boots made light clinging noises against the cold metal floor as they neared the hole that the guards had created only minutes before.

Once they where out side the ship Ephesus weaved his way past the hulking guards, cried "Follow me." and ran off one of the corridors with great enthusiasm, his open toed sandles slapping loudly on the floor.

Eventualy they were led, somewhat worn out because Ephesus had decided to take a 'scenic route' which meant the longest way he could think of, to a conferance chamber, of which Ephesus threw open the doors, vaulted over the table and spun around on the head chair before settling down, spreading his wings and with a strangely serious exspresion said to the guards

"You may stand guard outside" and to Skhaal "Right now, down to buisness, what form of aid do you require?" Before taking out a piece of paper and a pencil and idly scribling some ideas for atom configerations.

The thaxarians nodded before the door shut and the elysian and Skhaal were left alone in the room. Skhaal thought for a moment trying to remember what happened and then remembered as he sat down in a chair "Oh yes we need some sort of way to wipe out a race that continues to attack us despite there frail bodies, there lack of battle tactics and short stature." Skhaal said remembering the urthixian mongrel that took his master's life and then Skhaal returned to reality.

Skhaal shook off the memory and looked back at the elysian "But they spawn quite rapidly and we would be crazy to storm a very deep cave swarming with those damned urthixians. Skhaal said with a serious yet emotionless tone in his voice "We need something to thin there population to where there is very low numbers of them or just wipe them out and our relic weapons do not harm them as they should." Skhaal said as he leaned back in the chair as he awaited the elysians response.

Ephesus listened with rapt attention, the words "wiping out" having an almost magical effect on him. Almost subconciously he went through all the methods of mass destruction he knew of, and all the ones he could develop, ticking them off one by one due to unsuitably. He might have to design a new one, and was thrilled by the prospect.

"I'm ah ... sure we can come to some arrangment. I'll need to know of these ... these Urthixians as you call them before I ... I design the weapon, but that can come ... come later. What I'm interested in is ... is your ship and these relic weapons you speak of. How would you feel about sharing the ... the designs of these in return for our aid and the repair of your vessel. I'm sure you'll be paid as ... as well."

He took out another piece of paper and began scribling franticly a highly detailed set of blue-prints, some form of weapon, one that could possibly be used by Skhaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back