• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP The Brothers Istavan Pt.1

Jack Pine

RP Date
YE40, 5 months ago
RP Location
Section 6 HQ: outside brig
"Wake up Istavan, your time is up. You're free to go...sir."

Rorik blew air as he was awoken from his sleep, sliding off the prisoner cot before slipping his boots on. He stood up and approached the detainment field before it was lowered. "Please tell me I have some fresh clothes waiting.", The man griped.

"They're waiting with your personal effects sir. You return to full duty tomorrow."

Rorik just waved him off as he went and got cleaned up, coming back out, and leaving the brig in a fresh set of BDUs.

Thatch wasn't sure on how to approach Rorik, it felt like his vists never did anything. Most of the time, his brother just stared off into space or gave responses that showed no emotion. They weren't the same as they once were of course but still...Thatch recalled feel more emotions than he wanted during one of their conversations. Only to get a dry response. A sigh left him and the soldier merely walked along.

However, his gaze landed upon the familiar form of his brother. Leaving the brig...so they were back on duty or about to be?

"Nice to see you again, Sir." Thatch greeted, not sure on if he should get his hopes up or not.

"No need for the sir Thatch, I don't go back to work until tomorrow......how have you been while I was away?", Rorik asked casually as he straightened his service hat. After speaking he turned to fully face his younger brother. During his time in the brig, he had plenty of time to think, and realize just how.much of an ass he had been.

A few blinks left Thatch, surprised with this sort of turn around. Though if they were off duty, guess it made since that they didn't want to be called Sir. A small nod left him, showing he understood the sort of..request.

"Fine....just fine." Thatch replied. "Training, patroling, and recovering."

His wounds from Amit had healed up by this time, though a few of the spots where the creature's fangs had gone in deeper still had a mark on him. Now there was a good chance of these fading with some more time as that incident was still pretty darn recent.

"And you?" he added.

"In a box for a month, thinking. Made me realize I'm letting fear get the better of me.", He said before pulling the younger man into a hug, "And that fear got you almost killed. I..I can't make that same mistake again."

That was often the thing that made people think, unable to do anything else of course. All one could do was think.Think of things that only their mind would wander to. Though the hug was a surprise, a shock honestly. His eyes went wide as he was pulled into a hug and honestly, the young man was already fighting back tears.

"That...is true...." Thatch muttered, quickly holding onto Rorik shaking slightly.

How long had it been? To be in the embrace of family? Far too many years, far too many lost years.

Rorik's voice lost some of its usual steady composure, "I was bent on protecting what we had, the idea we were fighting for, but I was neglecting to see that there are other families like ours. Ones that are having problems, things they deal with, fighting for the same future we are."

He held the young man tighter, "I want that future for you. Where you won't have to fight anymore, where your kids can grow up in a place that doesn't know war. I failed our parents, but I can't fail you anymore."

Thatch would feel a few drops land atop his own service cap as Rorik let his own tears fall.

It made sense. When you loose everything, you can't help but push yourself. Course, a few tears left his eyes as he couldn't hold them back. Years of tears wanted to escape but maybe that was too much emotion? After all...Thorik might just be going through a small change in their head.

"I get it." Thatch said. "I do, you were just trying to protect others but you kind of shot your own desires in the foot slightly with going about it. I wouldn't say you failed our parents or me, just got yourself lost is all."

Kids...he honestly doubted he'd have those.

Rorik's grip loosened as he dropped to his knees before Thatch, "No I have. I've been so hell bent on being the soldier, being the guardian you needed...that I forgot to be a brother. I've been so blind, to not see that you've become a man. You aren't helpless, and I need to be supporting you. I gave you my shield, but not my shoulder to lean on."

Shock was on his face as he watched his brother fall to their knees in front of him. Eyes wide as he watched the scene unfold in front of him.

"You never came looking for me....you weren't being the guardian I needed...you were just gone." Thatch said, his voice weaker as he was fighting his tears even more. "I just...I just want you back. I don't care about you being my guardian, I care about you as my brother. You're my superior, yes but...you're family first and formost."

The young man couldn't fight it though, tears were streaming down his face as he stared at the older man. Yes Thatch was grown. BUt did that make him a man? Full on crying now, Thatch merely latched onto Rorik, bawling his eyes out as he held onto Rorik.

Rorik held onto Thatch, "No, your right. And I'm sorry, I should have been there. But I'm here now, and I'm not leaving."

Rorik felt so much pain at how he had been so blind. They were both crying, in the middle of the hall, holding each other. Rorik knew he had a lot to make up for, and a clear direction on how to do it.

Thatch couldn't respond, how could he even respond? The poor lad was just crying, holding onto the older man. It was probably a odd sight, though it was hard to figure out what to do. Eventually, his tears did stop; though he now had a headache from it all. Course, as he sat there, he eventually got it sorted.

"so what now?" Thatch asked, not sure on what to do.

"We go home and do something, or go out and do something. There's this place down town, we can go grab a bite?", Rorik said composing himself and wiping his eyes.

"S..Sounds good." Thatch replied with a nod, giving a nervous smile.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back