• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP The Deal that Couldn't be Refused

Dragon_God

RP Date
YE 41
RP Location
Sirris VI
====== Sirris VI | Outside Obsidian City | 11:43 ======

After the reapers attacked, many were afflicted; either they were dead, severely injured, or psychologically damaged as they see the dead bodies of their loved ones. The weather reflected the mood in the air, the clouds overhead casted a light grey light over the city. The slow drizzle of rain falling down made it just tolerable to go outside without getting drenched, those who were outside were mainly the S.S.A.F on routine patrols, although their numbers were increased on patrols as the attacks had made security on high alert.

Just outside the city, in the woodlands, Kyle walked alone. He was wearing his older clothes from the day he arrived on Osman. When they were apart of OSO. His memories of his first day flowed through his mind. Remembering the past was something he tried hard to not do. However, after seeing Ceilia’s dead corpse, he couldn’t handle the sight and left. Seeing her like that broke his heart, and even though she wasn’t dead, the fact that she could just get right back up after something like that and act perfectly normal scarred him. Where’s the point in caring about life if people can just come back like nothing happened. What would be the point of a war if people could just continue to fight. These were the thoughts that ran through his mind as he walked around the lush orange woods.

Kyle could recall the first day he saw Ceilia as a person, seeing her body. The first time she touched him, he was beyond impressed and speechless. She was his first true friend, she was his first crush, and eventually his wife. Ceilia became the woman who bore their children, a spawn of triplets that he was unprepared for, but loved dearly. He chuckled at the thought of him being unprepared, his face hidden under his light grey heather hoodie. Kyle wouldn’t be the person he was today without her friendship and love. It was when he glanced back at his wings that he memorises went further back to when he meet his new mother, the one Crimson modeled his wings from. The woman who took him in when she could have casted him away like every other person who he was with. A Elysian that he could trust and not fear.

“Ceilia, an Artificial Intelligence, And Seraphina, an Elysian. Both are completely different from me… and yet I love both of them. Even if Ceilia doesn’t have her body, I still love her.” He said under his breath looking towards the shielded city. Once he turned to the woods he spoke louder, “Am I even worth their affection. After all of the trouble I put each of them through, did nothing to help them other than just assisting the science team with their research. Am I worth it…?” Kyle asked himself the one question he has never been convinced or definitive on. The one question that patronizes him everyday.

Glazing down to his hands, they were scared and fair, memories of an abusive past came back as he questioned again, “What makes me worth their time and love? Even when they tell me they love me, I can never understand why. I cause more trouble than I’m worth. It’s… it’s confusing, trying to understand what makes me have value to them.” Shaking his head he pondered. “Maybe it’s the debt that I owe them for the Geist, new life, children, manpower and risk for saving my life, not one time but twice. Then if I pay that back… what will happen then? Will I be casted away and told to leave? Treated like a new operative in the S.S.A.F?”

These questions stabbed him with the metaphorical knife of doubt. He didn’t want this to all be just some sort of ‘debt’ nor did he want this to be another, more secretive and evil place like Crimson. It tore at his heart and soul to be plagued with these doubts ingrained into his mind. For his parents and peers to have abused and beaten him; he still doesn’t know how to interact with others. Collapsing down to his knees, he gazed at his reflection in the puddle on in the ground, “All I Want is to be normal… that’s all I want. J-just to be like everyone else and join in… have fun. I want to talk to people and t-take charge. Join the S.S.A.F or something better. Actually be a contributing… someone who actually makes a difference. I can barely even talk to people in virtual reality… let alone real life. I… it’s too much for me to handle… I wish there was something that I could do to get rid of this fear I have of everyone. This distrust I have for everyone.”

A figure would approach from behind him, this figure had the same clothes that Kyle did, having the same look and wings that Kyle had, a clone. “Well… then allow me to assist with that then Mr. Dee.” He spoke in a more mature tone, serious, confident. Yet the same voice that Kyle had. “I’m going to offer you a chance to grow up, and no, I will not be kidnapping you, we’ve grown tired of chasing old and weak projects, though we still would accept you if you do want to join. Angel and Diamond still miss you.” He chuckled.

Kyle turned and glared at him with tired eyes, standing up and turning his body to face him. His knees were lightly covered in mud, “Wh-wh-why sh-sh-sh-should I t-trust y-y-you?” He asked him, stuttering and shaking lightly. He then reached down for his 9mm that he bought after he got back and recovered from the last time they kidnapped him. Although, Kyle was not trained on how to use the damn thing, now does he know how to reload in the event of him running out of ammo. On top of forgetting about to reload it when he runs out of ammunition.

“Now now, we both know that you don’t know how to use that thing. Just hear me out for a moment before it gets… worse.” The clone said to him, ending in a more agitated tone. “How about you just place that gun back into your pocket and just… relax. Hear me out.” The Clone attempting to calm him down so he could get his proposal through.

Slowly dropping his gun down to his side, Kyle looked wary, “Wh-what is it th-that y-you want f-from me…” He asked, still shaking as he was intimidated by the sheer fact that this was a clone of him sent by Crimson. What possible purpose could he be there for, if not to attempt to kill him or worse.

The Clone grinned, “I want us to trade places. You, help with a few experiments, and we promise to leave Sirris VI and halt any and all hostile projects towards you and your people, however, you must promise to work with us for 1 year. After the year is up, I die, and you step back into your family. I would be the one that makes sure that your family stays safe and doesn’t get hurt. So, what do you say to that?”

Kyle was unsure, this offer was thrusted on him so suddenly, he didn’t know how to answer. “Wh-what? Y-y-you think I-sh-should t-trust you?!?” He almost shouted out of a nervous rage, raising the pistol back up to him. Tears rolling down his cheeks as he was terrified of this monster in front of himself that looked like him.

Raising the gun made him twitch, “Listen Kyle, if you don’t accept this offer, it will be your triplets that will be the first to be infected, with not only the Crimson Virus, but all of them, and you know what happens when one is infected with all of them, now don’t you?” Stating more sternly, now growing more enraged. “Take the offer or you will not leave without consequences! Final chance!” He shouted.

“F-Fine!” Kyle Shouted, causing a silence, “I… I’ll go…”

A large grin appeared on the clone’s face, “Perfect, now come, I need to bring you to them.” He said turning around and began to walk. Confident that he had done his job well.

*BANG*

“I th-think you underestimate my intelligence clone.” Kyle said chuckling very sinisterly, “Did you honestly think that I would just let you take over my life? Thought I would just follow like a idiotic sheep? Well, I thinks it’s high time that I made my return now isn’t it?” Kyle’s steel eyes glowed silver as he looked upon his clone who was shot directly through the heart.

Kyle then approached the clone that was on the ground and struggling to stay conscious, “Let me inform you on something. Kyle, he’s just a weak and insignificant factor, I am the one who kept him alive all of these years buddy, and just because you look like him, doesn’t mean you have everything. Missing scars, missing Geist, no knowledge of conversations.” He shook his head amused by the stupidity of the clone.

“Wh-who a-are y-...” He attempted to ask, as he was dying out on the soaked mud. Bleeding out from his chest and back profusely.

“I was never really given a name sadly… I was just referred to as the nightmares that haunted his dreams. Last time they attempted to pull me out, a part of me was still left in him memories, I may be a only a fragment, but all of that doubt really reminded me of who I was. So… for a name… what should I call myself..” He thought for a moment before he placed the gun on the clone’s temple. “Call me Fuzen.” He then executed the clone. Squatting there, Fuzen looked at the body that him and Kyle both shared, “It appears as if you’ve put on a few pounds and gained more muscles, and wings. No matter, you’re too busy hiding yourself in your own subconscious. I think dousing our body in some of our own blood and wounding ourselves would make one hell of a story for Ceilia, maybe make us look more heroic, huh?”

Without hesitation, Fuzan shot himself in the leg twice and in the shoulder. He tightened his bite as he attempted to withstand the pain of being shot, “Now just to get home, and, don’t worry. I’ll do all of the talking.” Ending the statement with an evil laugh.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back