• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC The Francia Frontier

Alright now that I've gotten to finishing up Armin, There are a few questions I've had, specifically involving their description and such @Abwehran Commander.

1. Under Build and Skin color it says that surfacers have a 'vast array of skin colors'... What do those vast array of skin colors entail? Blue? Red? Black? White? Yellow? I'm a little confused due to a lack of information on what my choices are in this matter.
  2. Same thing for Facial Features and Eye Color, vast variety of colors, lack of information to help decide which color I'd like for Armin's eyes to be.
  3. There are quite a good amount of red links under the Creating an Abwehran page, I'm not sure if thats just because you haven't done it or because the Wiki messed up, so thats why a lot of information is lacking.

It's actually clarified in more detail on each species' page, see Surfacer or Nightwalker, as well as the Hybrids. So far as I know, the CCG is still hit and miss, just because I know Matt started to rework it all so it was less WALLOFTEXT-y, and more direct as a guide. For now, it's usually faster to just dig through the articles by hand.

@Aendri has the right of it @Semjax, considering the subspecies of Abwehran, most of the information is placed into the subspecies articles. For example, Skin Pigmentation is located here for Surfacers with olive tones being common in temperate regions, darker tones in equatorial regions, and paler skins in more arctic latitudes (but overall, skin tone isn't that cut and dry due to world travel).

And yes, I'm still going on the whole revision of the Abwehran CCG, which is linked to my expansion upon the Abwehran homeworld of Abwehr. Because of this, the CCG currently is the old CCG with some red links mostly because I never expect people to actually make Abwehran characters due to the lack of plot currently. :<

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but as an Abwehran enthusiast (waves hello to Abwehran Commander) and a general Wiki Lurker I do have the link for that relevant page:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=species:abwehran:abwehran_mutations_and_defects
Seems from what Matt has down you'd mostly just be setting up how your character would be socially dealing with it Sem since she'd be one of the thirty percent the gene therapy didn't pan out for.

With Armin done, we have someone who's potentially racist for Carina to endlessly annoy during his Xenobiological studytimes out in the field! All Semjax needs now is a Nepleslian military character.

@Soresu still needs a combat character, though with @Fian I now realize him making Carina's Rival is optional. X D

EDIT: Talking with Semjax, I realized the wiki article wasn't clear enough on the requirements, which was my bad. Newer players can have only one character rather than two, but it's got to be a military one. I'll make an exception here, since I was the one that messed up.

IC, I'm thinking that Armin will be foreign expertise that the Star Military of Nepleslia asked for. That ok @Abwehran Commander ?

Last edited:
@CadetNewb, Foreign expertise is fine. Though the Abwehrans aren't a part of the Signatories, the Neps could always hire someone from the Foreign Services as an Expert in Abwehran Tactics and Operational Procedures (that aren't classified). Though @Sigma and I are still going over Nep/Abwehr relations in a JP.

@Gwathdraug, thanks for linking that. You pretty much nailed it head on.

@CadetNewb, Foreign expertise is fine. Though the Abwehrans aren't a part of the Signatories, the Neps could always hire someone from the Foreign Services as an Expert in Abwehran Tactics and Operational Procedures (that aren't classified). Though @Sigma and I are still going over Nep/Abwehr relations in a JP.

@Gwathdraug, thanks for linking that. You pretty much nailed it head on.

Well it was a joke Aendri told me to ask you to see a reaction.

I've updated Fian Vel Steyr and Arin Berelai's wiki articles for the Francia. Though I'll leave off creating Elsa Vel Steyr's page until I can discuss certain things with Soresu.

Now that we have a Xenobiologist though, perhaps the Francia planet shouldnt be a complete iceball, but rather have a variety of less cold biomes and seasons for maximum flora/fauna variety?

Maybe our xenobiologist should discover them, once we manage to survive to make it to the other side of the iceball of death areas.

I'd honestly like to get started within a week, but either I forgot which character @Soresu said he'd play, or he doesn't have one yet. @Koenig808 doesn't have a civilian character yet, IIRC, but we'll be starting the plot from the military perspective anyways I think. I also know @viralyte is working on a character too, so we'll wait for that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back