• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check The Grand Tour

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Hey guys, I've got a concept for an open RP - the idea, at its core, is that I want to RP in every star system, planet, and location in Star Army's setting. Together these number in the hundreds. That's a lot of places to visit, so I'm thinking this would be some sort of open RP. As we go to different star systems, planets, and locations, this provides an opportunity to flesh out the systems and add history and details to them. Some places could really use the help! And maybe we could leave a monument at each place saying the grand tour stopped there once. As for IC justification, I was thinking Yamatai could be doing some sort of Kikyo Sector survey or something. What do you guys think? Would anyone be interesting in coming along?

Also, it might make sense to wait for the Kuvexian War to be over before I do this, let me know if you think we should wait or start now.

Survey sounds good as it gives an golden opportunity to give some meat to planet pages. Thought I don’t think you have to wait until the war is over, you can do this to the north area of Yam space and eventually go downwards to ‘safe’ areas. Additionally I would even suggest to have a joint operation between civilian and army to do these surveys .

my two cents

A good in-universe justification might be that Yamatai is taking this Survey, to add on to what Wes said, of its own space, figuring out just how bad damage from the war was and then repairing it. This prompts other factions to do the same, and we get a chance to explore the different locations of the sector while helping to flesh out how things are now in terms of details on those locations once they're repaired or rebuilt.

A good in-universe justification might be that Yamatai is taking this Survey, to add on to what Wes said, of its own space, figuring out just how bad damage from the war was and then repairing it. This prompts other factions to do the same, and we get a chance to explore the different locations of the sector while helping to flesh out how things are now in terms of details on those locations once they're repaired or rebuilt.
Maybe an idea to upper the species joint survey at the irc as an topic?

I think the idea to Survey damage of the overall sector, is a wonderful idea. It shows a different side. Fleshing out planets and areas with little info now, while also showing an effort of war relief. Overall, there are many directions it could take, and is extremely versatile in regards to what characters can be played in said scenario.

If it could be a larger thing where Kaiyo as a plot/separate from the open thread is asked ICly to be a part of the effort, that'd be cool! We could do some planetary exploration in Kikyo Sector ^^ I am happy with doing a few missions to flesh some places out, too.

That would be fun (I'm biased on the Kaiyo) some post war exploration. I mean it'll be fun the ship is being used in one of its intending roles. Explore some new worlds or check up on old ones.

I'm still fussing about what character(s) I should play. This is a huge undertaking so it had better be someone I want to play a LOT, haha. It would basically be a new main character for me besides Hanako and Yui.

We all voted for Irim- even if Anri makes a touch more sense!

jk nobody voted! Are you thinking of reusing pre-established characters or starting fresh?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back