• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP The Harmony Of Our Stars

SageShooter

🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE-40
RP Location
S6S-Anvil

……
……..

KZZT

Into the viewscreen pops up a green haired, yellowed eyed girl. Her skin is a little less tanned than normal and various scars dot her face here and there and worst of all, white starting to show at the roots of her hair where it had grown out recently before she could dye it again. She seems to smile though her eyes are focused past and just above the view screen with a tongue poked out just slightly to the side of her mouth. It’s easy to see she is focused past the camera as she fiddles with something.

“Come on you bloody… Fuck Ifmir be damned! Come the he-”

A thunk is heard and the camera shakes as her arms, mostly out of view past the top of the view screen which fiddle with something jerk for a second before they go out wide, Harmony’s eyebrows up and mouth agape a little as she holds for a second before she claps.

“There we go! Alright, we’re in business!”

She smiles and focuses on the view screen now as she sits back. She’s in a black jacket with red buttons down the middle of one side was open in the front, underneath a white tank top on as she seems to gather her thoughts for a moment.

“So I know it’s been a bit since I last did one of these but well I’ve kinda been busy! Tons of stuff happened like seriously. So I kinda got attacked, then the ship kinda went belly up and had issues. I kinda drifted for a bit then totally got picked up! Before you worry it was nothing I swear! I got picked up by this ship called the Brimstone and they were super nice. They offered me and Tranquility a place on their ship for a bit but you know me, not the type to sit still and they weren’t really doing what I wanted to, they were more out for hire, not a ton of research to be had there, but they were still super nice! Especially the captain, he was super nice. His name was Kessler and he was so cu-...”

Harmony blinked and clapped her hand over her mouth as she looked around the room seemingly. Past her a few tables with various instruments were scattered about, mostly looking scientific in nature. A small beaker with a flame under it was currently bubbling some sort of orange liquid in it.

Satisfied she was alone, Harmony grinned wide and leaned close almost like she was speaking with a fellow conspirator.

"Dad turn away for this one... MOM! Oh by Voxphine he was so cute! And super nice too! He didn't seem off put in the least by my uh... night wanderings the one time it happened and was super nice! I didn't really get to hang out with him for a while but he was the captain and he helped me out and even got me set up with this swanky group called S6! I'm a scientist here now!"

She sat back and crossed her arms as her head tilted back a bit. She looked fairly full of herself for just a second.

"I've got my own lab... well I mean I share it with some people but they let me do my own experiments and research! It's almost as good as the matriarchies labs back on Lor! They are a bit behind in the genetics department... But I mean who isn't compared to what we had. BUT! Oh, man Mom you should see this awesome thing they got called a GEIST. I've only looked at it so far, haven't gotten a chance to really get my hands on it, but it's AWESOME!"

Harmony looked fairly excited at the idea of whatever the hell the GEIST was, but she took a breath or two to calm herself.

"I think I gotta join fully if I wanna request one, but this place seems pretty cool and they are pretty ok with my research so I think I might stick around a bit here. There are all sorts of people, even more, people with wings! Elysians I think? Or maybe they aren't... I don't really know."

She shrugged a little before she continued, seemingly uncaring about her possibly messing up the races.

In the background, a woman entered with large dove-like wings, Seraphina's gold hair being moved over her shoulder as she came in to check the breaker. The angel only turned and observed Harmony for a moment before returning her attention to the breaker, after waving to the camera.

"Oh! And there is this super cool feral Neko. I'm not sure how she got Feral, maybe she isn't and it's all just an act, I don't really know, but she's cool and she has like, electricity and stuff around her or some blue light that's around her but she seems nice even though she totally tried to drag me into an air duct. She reminds me kinda of Lin'tro'ta how she's always just trying to get into stuff. OH! There is one there!"

Harmony turned and waved to Seraphina, and a bit muffled from the camera spoke to her loud enough to be heard.

"Hey! Just put that on like a few minutes ago! I was going to give it some time to boil and see if anything separated! Just a standard mix with some Pranja and a bit of blood to see how they interact at high temps!"

"What's Pranja? Is that some sort of new drug?", Seraphina asked turning back to Harmony after she explained what the contents were......sort of.

"Hey, by the way, if you see a girl with metal cat ears and a tail. Her name is Haisely. Watch her, because she's kinda grabby of other people's things. Especially lab equipment."

"Yea it's an Iroma drug. Kinda like Hemosynthetic fluids from Yamatai. Not as strong though. Helps with healing and doubles as a mental barrier kinda for some stuff in their Atmosphere." Harmony explained as she heard about Haisely.

"Metal cat ears and a tail will do! I don't wanna lose anything in here, I'll keep an eye out." She smiled and turned back to the camera before she thumbed over her shoulder toward Seraphina.

"That's one of them! Totally an Elysian I think..." She turned back to Seraphina for a second. "Hey! You're an Elysian right?" She asked unabashedly.

"Um, yeah.", Seraphina said back.

Harmony gave a thumbs up then turned back to the camera with a grin.

"See? Elysian. Not as stuck up as I heard. She's nice." Harmony said before she looked around a bit.

"Well, I gotta get back to my stuff, back to work, but I'll make another one here soon! I'll be here with section six for a while, that's what they call themselves, cause they are pretty cool and there are all sorts of people here."

She leaned forward a bit and smiled, though it seemed a little sad.

"I miss you guys... I just hope you're safe out there, wherever you are..." She offered before over the viewscreen her arms went again. After a second the screen turned black with another KZZT.

Last edited:
KZZT

"Hey! Got it easier this time. Knew I could get the hang of this stuff..."

Harmony smiled as her face sat back into view. It seemed like she was sitting in the same clothing she always wore. Her pants were a darker blue today, the tank top still that white color.

She hid a yawn with her hand as she let out a sigh and let her eyes search the recording device for a second.

"Hey mom, Hey dad. How are the little ones? I hope Al'Lo'ti is being good? Did he stop being scared of the dark yet? And Til'Li? Has she calmed down with her hyperness?" Harmony smiled a bit as she asked her questions like she was able to actually talk to her parents. It was easy to see she was a bit sad, her eyes were puffy more then likely from crying.

"I just... I needed to say hey. We just uh... Had a funeral. There was an attack recently, I'm fine as you can see. But some of the people here died..." Her ears twitched a little as her wings drooped. "One of the people here asked me to say something. I just felt so out of place, I hope I did a good job. I hardly knew these people but... They asked me to, and you know me, can't say no."

Harmony scratched the side of her head a bit as she let out another sigh. She took a bit of a candy bar that was produced from out of the side of the picture. She used the chewing to try and stall while she found the right words.

"I wore Peace. It was my first time and... It hurt. It hurt so much to do that. It just brought everything back up and... I hated it. I hated having to wear him, having to see him like that. Was it like that with Ravage dad?"

Harmony fiddled with her pants as she recalled her father's bonded Berog. He had been up in age when he had passed away from sickness and her father had been pretty broken up over it. A nail seemed to pick at a frayed stitch in her pants as she just sat there.

"I didn't want to wear him. I wanted to go just as me without all the pomp and circumstance. This was their funeral, their rites, but at the same time I felt it would be wrong not to honor them the same way we honor our dead. I felt silly in my outfit... I kinda also covered up since I didn't know how they felt about the normal lack of clothing, but I felt like not many cared."

Harmony let out a little sigh as she rubbed her temple. Her shoulders slumped a bit as she looked at her lap.

"I just... It wasn't right. These people just wanted to make a better life for themselves, for their families, and they were killed. They weren't doing anything wrong. They weren't attacking anyone, weren't forcing anyone to leave or into slavery. They were just looking for a new home. The attackers had all the wisdom of Ifmir and all the care for life as he did."

Harmony looked up, eyes wet a bit.

"Why does this always happen? Why did we go to the stars? We were happy, we were content on Lor. We were in charge, we were at peace, and yet we had to tempt Ifmir with our thirst for knowledge. Now we are split, our Xiaah is gone... you all are gone. I'm just.. I miss you all. I'm sorry I didn't come home, I'm sorry I yelled and we fought, I'm sorry that I couldn't be there with you."

The Lorath girl hugged herself with both her arms and her wing as she seemingly tried to curl into herself. A shiver wracked her body as she tried to calm herself down.

"Everything here is so fake, so wrong. I miss nature, I miss you all, I miss air and dirt and everything. I just... I feel like I need to leave. I need to get away from combat, from war, from death, but everywhere I go I find it. I hate fighting, I hate all of this. Why can't they learn from Voxphine? Why can't they learn to get along and be at peace."

She sat silently, hugging herself for a few moments as she thought on the things she had said before she slowly uncurled from hugging herself. She still seemed somber as she reached out for her candy bar and took another bite in hopes the chocolate would cheer her up. It seemed to work a little as the girl let out a sigh.

"I guess that's my job though right? As a Llamnel I need to show them the right path. That it's not the path of Ifmir to follow, but one that travels with Voxphine. I just have to show them how to walk with wisdom more then knowledge." Harmony's smile seemed to find it's place back on her face as she pawed at her eyes trying to dry them.

"I'll help them. I'll show them the right path to walk. I'll show them that there doesn't need to be war for people to survive, that they can survive in peace as well. As a Llamnel... As a Lorath, I'll make sure they understand that."

Her confidence seemed to come back as she took a large bite of her candy bar, finishing it before opening a second one. The fire was in her eyes as she looked into the camera.

"Stay safe Mom and Dad. Give the little ones my love... I hope I see you all again someday, but if I don't, I'll always remember you."

Harmony took another bite just before the screen cut out.

KZZT

RPG-D RPGfix
Back