• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP The Harmony We Share

Jack Pine

RP Date
YE 40, 1 day after S6 departure
RP Location
ISS-Brimstone: Hold ---->USV-Anvil
Kessler stood in the hold admiring the ship that belonged to Harmony. It had been almost a month since she had come aboard, and the time came to ask her a question. A very important one at that, and no matter her answer, he wished her luck.

Harmony was idly checking through the inventories in the bay, making sure things were organized. She had set up a small systen that made sense to her, organizing by what type of material it was comprised of as she eventually stumbled upon Kessler.

"Oh hey cap, whats up?"

"Your ship is finally repaired, just as promised.", He said as he gestured to the ship, "Which brings me to a question. What do you want to do now?"

Oddly the question caught her off guard. Blinking a bit, she thought on it for a moment. "Well... as aporciative as I am, the wanderlust is kinda hitting and I'dlike to find some new research."

"So you wish to head out and explore then?", Kessler asked inwardly disappointed to see her go, but he understood, "I might know someone looking for researchers then."

"Oh? Fun chance for new opportunities and targets?" Harmony asked with a smile.

"I'll have Ceilia give tranquility the coordinates, and I'll call ahead for a meeting if you want? I'm sorry being here was as exciting as you hoped. I hope you find plenty of discoveries and adventure with them. It was a pleasure to have on the crew.", He said offering a hand and a smile.

Harmony took the hand, giving it a good shake and smiled. "I'd love any help and it was a pleasure captain, I'll always be grateful for the help. Maybe I'll comd visit every so often if I get some time off."

"That would be too kind, and I for will miss you. Here, this is a data unit, has a little something to remember the crew by.", Kessler said before producing a small rectangular data storage unit. It was an inch long, half an inch wide, two centimeters thick, and all black.

"Hey, thanks." Harmony smiled a little as she took the data unit in her hand. She thought on it for a moment before she held a finger up and rushed into her ship. She would reemerge a few moments later with a wicked looking sickle. It wasn't made of metal, but bone.

"I got this years ago on the Iroma planet, i took down a wyvern with my bare hands, did it took more rimes after that. I want you guys to have it, so you won't forget me." She would hold the bone sickle out.

"Damn and a badass too, the surprises with you never stop. I will find some place to display it with where we'll be keeping all the reminders of what the crew has accomplished. You will always be remembered by us, and if you ever find yourself in our neck of the galaxy, a seat at the table.is always open for you.", Kessler said surprised by the deed described, finishing as he accepted the sickle.

"Yea, it was a fight. I popped his eyes with my bare hands!" Harmony grinned, flexing her fingers a little and giving a toothy grin before she nodded.

"The sane to you. I'll send you all a message when I get settled in. If you guys ever need a place to crash or just wanna hang out, my door is always open."

"Thank you."

Kessler's wrist device beeped, "Ceilia finished handing off the coordinates it seems. The ship has also been refueled. Again I wish you luck."

Harmony smiled, and after a moment scooped Kessler up in a hug as Tranquility came walking in. She gave a little cough as Harmony blushed and broke the hug. She gave the captain a smile and a hug before she made her way into ghe ship, followed behind by Tranquility.

"Tell Ceilia I enjoyes talking with her please." She offeres before the ramp to the ship closed. When it was safe, Harmony would start up the ship and exit the bay, heading tiwards the coordinates with the help of Tranquility.

Kessler waved as the bay door opened and the ship made way. Time to send his boss a message, and he hoped she played the data unit, as he left a little one for her on the device.

As Harmony started out, heading for the coordinates she did indeed play the data unit, having Tranquility play it.

On the drive were two files, a holo of the crew together, the ship in the background. Everyone was gathered together, with most more or less having smiles.

The other was a prerecorded audio message, it was labeled [Contact]

Harmony smiled wide at the picture, saving it and placing it to the side so it would always be there on the side of her console before she played the audio message.

[Message Begins.]

["I made sure to make this message and leave it on this drive for you. The contact you'll be meeting is my employer. I'm a underground operative for a organization called Section 6. Up until recently they've been a government division of the USO, but have made the decision to separate. They need more people with your skills and knowledge."]

["Sorry for not telling you, but not even my crew knows. I answer to a man named Jack Pine. He gave me a second chance, and I know he can help you go far. They're whole MO is helping others, and building a home......I probably will have said this as I handed the thing to you, but we'll miss you."]

[Message Ends]

Harmony smiled at the last bit, but sat back otherwise abd relaxed in her seat as the thought back on the short time she had been aboard.

"You had a crush on him..."

"Oh by the Goddess shut up Tranq."

"You are blushing..."

Harmony growled, but otherwised just directed the ship toward their destination. Eventually the ship would arrive just around the coordinates, floating in space a bit away from it to check out what they could find on sensors.

Sensors would pick up a beacon floating in place at the marker provided. After a moment when the beacon registered the ship's presence, it pinged the ship's computer as it checked the vessel's ID.

["Please stand by for arrival."], a synthesized female voice stated.

A wormhole opened up behind the beacon before a large carrier came through. It hung in space upon exit. Guide lights were projected from the starboard hangar, as a message was sent.

"Welcome aboard Miss Harmony, Ryzka sent word you'd be coming. Please make your way to the highlighted hangar."

Harmony watched in wonder as the wormhole opened and the ship seemingly stepped through. Swallowing a little hard, she just pushed the ship forward toward the highlighted hanger. She had Tranquility on standby though as she guided the ship in and landed. After a moment to check over her systems and make sure it was safe to disembark, Harmony stood from her chair and made her way out of her ship, Tranquility in tow. She peered around the hangar to see who awaited for her.

The hangar was rather quite, a few technicians checking the other crafts in the hangar which in itself was rather large. A man with snow white hair and red eyes could be strolling across the deck towards her ship. He was dressed casually in boots, jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

The man stopped a few feet from the ramp, able to be seen better now. His left eye had a double helix tattoo curved around its side, his right having a scar pass over it, and his mouth was framed by a full goatee.

"Hello I'm Mr. Ryzka's employer. I'm Jack Pine, founder and Director of Section 6. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.", Jack said offering a welcoming smile and a slight bow.

Harmony for her part wore what seemed to be a relaxed technicians outfit. Cargo pants with padded knees, thick reinforced boots and a sleeveless tshirt, it showed off her tanned and cut up arms as she idly scratched her shaggy green hair. Behind her, Tranqulitiy exited, her multicolored hair done into braids and still wearing the simple sleeveless robe she had before.

"Hello Mr. Pine. My name is Nall'Tis Harmony Hulut Llamnel, but please call me Harmony." Harmony gave a small bow and a smile.

"Mr. Ryzka said you might have a place here in Section 6 for me?"

"That I do Harmony, Section is a large group. This is one of but 38 ships in our fleet. S6 is composed of said fleet, and 7 departments. We also don't just employ any one race, you'll find few people from almost every race here. Kessler said you have knowledge in biology as well as technical skills?", Jack answered giving a short rundown of the group and the people working there.

"I can answer any questions you may have by the way."

"Biology, bit in chemistry, some technical and ship based skills, and a bit in mathematics, though not my strong suit. I'm also fairly decent with agriculutral issues as well." Harmony said with a small smile. She was a Llamnel after all, and their main prioirity within the Lorath community was most anything nature based.

"I graduated from the Matriarchy school for Biological sciences with a degree in Xenobiology, and a minor in medical sceinces." She offered before she thought on it.

"Where would you need me the most? I'm open to doing most anything needed. I've got experience in quiet a few fields including fighting. I spent some time amongst the Iroma people after a ship wreck and well, it wasn't a pleasure cruise heh."

"Medical could use those skills. The head of that department is Haruka Yamamoto. That being said, being assigned to a department does not restrict your research, or what work you do for the other departments. Are there any other questions I can answer?", Jack explained, very impressed with her background.

"What sort of research are you all doing here? Anything I can help with? I dabbled a bit into Biomedical research for a while, was trying to actually figure out uses for the Pranja chemicals in the Iroma homeworld atmosphere to see if it could be used for any sort of medical treatments." Harmony asked, arms crossed now as Tranquility behind her seemingly rocked back and forth on her feet, looking around bored.

Jack grinned as he saw tranquility bored, "How about I answer that as we walk and talk. You guys have been standing on the ramp for a while now. I'd be rude not to show you around."

Before she could say anything, Tranquility piped up with a happy "Much appreciated sir. My owner here can be a little den-oof!" Tranquility never finished her sentence as she was hip checked by Harmony who fell in line with Jack, glaring at her ARIA unit.

"You'll have to excuse her... The Matriarchy gave me a defective unit for some reason. She never knows when to shut up."

"You have to admit this is going better then your last meeting. At least this time you were clothed when you spoke to the captain for the first time." Tranquility gave this interesting little tidbit all the while dodging and dancing away from an attacking Harmony.

"I swear I'm going to rework your voicebox so the only noise you make will be squeaks!"

"I'm actually not the captain specifically, unless I'm on the bridge. I'm more of an admiral. But yes Kessler did seem like he was fond of you. You get see him as he stops in every now and then.", Jack said with a chuckle.

"This ship is one of two, Albion class battlecarriers. The rest of our fleet consists of a dreadnought, 10 light cruisers, and 25 heavy cruisers. At this point we're a colony fleet. Soldiers, scientists, and families.", He explained a bit more as they walked towards the exit.

Harmony would recognize many of the equipment and vehicles were the same as what the Brimstone mostly carried.

They entered a corridor before taking a right, people passed by in various uniforms, and some dressed in casual clothes.

"To answer your question, there isn't any research we don't pursue, unless banned by Yamatai law. Biotech, megatronics, robotics, as you've met Ceilia AI as well, and we even had a power station that generated power from a black hole.", Jack finally answered.

"A black hole? Thats impressive... I remember what a Legacy cannon can do, but a black hole generator is a pretty big feat in and of itself." Harmony admitted, a little wideeyed as she finally captured the ARIA unit, putting her in a headlock.

"What can you tell me about current research in the biomedical field, anything fun or exciting?" Harmony seemed to be taking much of the information in stride. She had been among scientists and labs before, so she knew how to get down to business. Regardless of the advanced computer she currently was wrestling with.

"Well we've figured how to give AI's real bodies, we've made advancements in cybernetics, augmentation, and a few medical features for gear. Our power armors have onboard medical, part of which is a non-toxic medical gel. Enters the wound as a liquid when the suit is breached, but coagulates to prevent bleeding and infection, acting as synthetic skin while also sealing the suit breach itself."

Harmony listened, nodding a little though she looked back to her ARIA. "AI in a body is already a thing... Isn't it? I mean Yamatai puts their individual ship AI into nekovalkyrja, and ARIA units are kinda the same, AI within a body." Harmony said as she thumbed down to the girl she was currently grapple with who finally escaped.

"The other stuff is pretty cool though, a great idea for the Suits to have on board medical especially for those of us without healing abilities. I know the Pranja I was researching did kinda the same, but it just helped to speed up the body's natural healing process more so then actually healed itself. It also helped to curb the sideeffects of the Nucor in the atmosphere."

"Mayb that can be applied to the gel to improve it.?"

The doors to a lift would open with no press of a button before Jack stepped in, waiting a moment for the two women.

"We've had to start everything from scratch, hence late to the whole AI thing. However we have made strides in implants. Our biggest being the Geist implant, through them we've become more connected to technology.", He added.

Harmony would step through, Tranquility on her heel as Harmony nodded to what Jack said.

"Yea, late to the party, I can understand that. That seemed to be our hole calling card during first contact with Yamatai." She laughed a little and sighed and continued to look around.

"So whats the Geist implant? We were pretty up to speed with implants, a lot of one of the houses actually had multiple neural and musculature implants to help them out."

"The Geist, is a implant that is integrated into the nervous system. It gives a number of features. Optical enhancements, such as low light vision, HUD, and the ability to optically scan. The others are more the realm of freespacer, and yamatai neural links. Those with them can control technology with a thought, or a flex of will. Vehicles can..for a lack of a better term..be possessed by the user. Using the vehicle like a host body.", Jack explained for a bit until the lift stopped and opened again.

He exited and lead them down another corridor.

"Wait, like extend conciousness into a vehicle? Like a air bike or a APC?" Harmony asked, stepping up beside Jack now as she thought it over.

"Exactly. With one you can command an army of drones with mental commands alone, connecting them to your mind. However it does have its limits. Range being one of them. A geist with no comm system connected to it, or range booster, only reaches 50 feet. And as a added side effect, it opens a door most people don't have to worry about. If I can hack a computer with it, then I can be hacked back.", He explained more as they entered through another door.

Before them was the very spacious bridge aboard the Albion class ships. Bridge working diligently to keep the ship running, a large holo display in the center.

"Only 7 exist."

"I'll say it comes with limitations! I mean a natural mind is only capable of processing so much at once, much less individual control of drones. Not to mention how to control and possess something that in effect has a basic computer like a vehicle. I mean it's like trying to smash an adult's mind into a toddler's... The added effects are nice but the thought of losing yourself...But it could help with research..." Harmony bit into a thumbnail, eyes focusing on the floor in front of her feet as she thought back and forth on the pros and cons. To the Llamnel girl the idea of cybernetics was still tricky. She had one or two, but nothing big. Mostly just identificational implants from the Matriarchy.

"...How do you go about getting these? Is there some sort of qualifications you have to pass?"

"Only.offered to those in S6, last time I gave one to someone not in S6. Well diving into someone's mind is kinda trippy, and the freespacer who was infamous hacker decided to download himself into her mind. We've since upgraded security, and offer proper training on how to use it.", Jack said stopping, "Also normally you would be right about losing ones mind, but....The implant adapts the user to it, restructuring neural pathways. It becomes another organ, another part of you, and makes sure your body is ready for the connection."

Jack looked hesitant for a moment, "Kessler has one. It's also why there was a combat mech in his ship. Kyle has one as well, also why he had a mech. I have one, my brother, my mother, and her wife."

"Well, this place is home now for me, so I'm kinda here fof the long haul, and unless those Geists do somethin funny to your body's aging and I don't die, I'll outlive you all...so..." Harmony shrugged a little and smiled.

"I think I'd like to see about getting one, if I pass whatever tests or whatevers you all have. It'll make my life easier for my research."

"Trust me, getting it is the easy part, learning to use it is another. The person to have the longest is Mark, He has the prototype.", Jack chuckled.

"And welcome home. I'll have someone here in a moment to show you to the crew quarters. In the meantime I can ask any other questions you may have.", He added, his irises glowing red briefly.

"Ready for jump!"

"Jump."

The displays faded to black as the ship passed into another wormhole. Feint small flashes of light, as if distant could be seen in the dark.

"I've been asking most the questions, do you have any for me?" Harmony's history, at least the past few years, had been documented by the Lorath in the news, of course major media never gave the full story.

"It won't be the first time I've had to get used to something in my head. It'll be nice to share the space with something again..."

"Do you have any allergies, or health concerns the medical staff should be aware of?", Jack asked, "Well I guess I should be asking more things like history, sorry just like to make sure our people are covered."

"Health concerns... yea..." Harmony rubbed the back of her head and chuckled a little. "I've been expksed to high concentrations of nucor for extended periods of time, and I had a bit of an issue with my...well some genetic abilities."

Harmony offered her hand out for a moment as if to shake Jack's hand, and if he took it, with little warning the hand would shift into a large cat paw, a little smaller then the size of his head. It would be black, fury, and heavy.

Jack did, but was not surprised, "huh, my son suffers from a similar condition. However that was the product of genetic experiments done by an illegal group called Psychopomp. He, if angered turns into a rather unnaturally large wolf. He's also been rapidly aged from the second time it was done to him. Any knowledge you have on the matter could help him."

"Our shifting is genetic, something we are born with. It takes us years to even begin to do so, and even though it really only manifests after we bond with our partners." Harmony explained as she bit her thumb nail again, thinking on it.

"I could take a look at him, see what happened. We are kinda forced to study genetics and stuff so we can understand whats going on with us at a basic level, though Genetics wasn't my focus in school."

"Any help is better then none. When they took him, He was ten, but when I got him back six months later,......He was a man same age me physically.", He said nodding appreciably.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up. This should be a happy welcome."

Harmony shook her head a little and smiled. "While what happened is terrible, it gives me a task to do, some way to help out. Did you have any other questions for me?"

Her hand would shift back to its normal look though the nails were a littke longer.

"Is there anything I can do to make this place feel more like home? Things like decorations, maybe dishes the cooks can add.to the menu, or maybe even music perhaps?"

"Hrm... I mean I can adapt pretty well, it's what my caste does. Where will I be staying? Only thing I'd really like is a little shrine... I mean as long as thats ok? I swear I won't push it on anyone it's just... Our house, my house, we were in charge of all the religious stuff too. So it's kinda engrained in there." Harmony said as she knocked her knuckles on her head, tongue out playfully.

"I've got some cool music I can add if anyone is interested, some Fyunnen rock, bit of Llamnel soul music, some Occhestan house music. OH! And I can cook too! I keep forgetting that." Seemed the girl was just full of talents.

"The shrine is no issue, just send the details to the fabrication bay. We've converted a lot of what were labs into living quarters. You'll have your own, so privacy won't be an issue. Tranquility has already been given access to ship systems and mainframe. Music would be a nice addition, and I'm sure the cooks would appreciate the extra hands.", Jack said with a nod, "As long as your comfortable here."

Harmony smiled, already thinking about the music she was going to have Tranquility send over before she clapped her hands together. "OH! Uhh... agricultural ships? Any way I can grow some stuff? I kinda wanna preserve some of the more fun vegetables and fruits we cultivated. I don't know if you've ever had Lorath cuisine, but it's kinda trippy." She grinned a little.

Jack smiled for a moment, "Does it have to be hydroponics, or...Will a green house be suitable? I'm sure there is plenty of room in the park for one."

"Either or I think. It's mostly roots, some small vine based plants, nothing big really." Harmony offered and smiled. "I'd love to try cooking something traditional once, it's been a while since I had a chance and part of my mission was understand the chances on planets for colonization, so I brought along a lot of the staples of our more herbivoric diet side.

"The green house would be easier, and that would perfectly fine. You'll find we have dishes from each race we employ. More could never hurt, and with us not having a planet, it will help with prolonged time out here.", Jack answered.

"Exiting jump!"

The black opened up to space once more, and a fleet of black ships hung in space ahead of them. Smaller frigates, and cruisers amassed around another carrier and a rather massive dreadnought.

Harmony gave a low whistle of appreciation as she saw the other ships, eyeing them all for a moment. "Impressive fleet." She offered. She was never one that was big on ships, but it was still impressive, especially the dreadnought.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back