• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

The Heartbreak of choices.

Jack Pine

Sorry if the title seems dramatic but this is not an easy choice to make. It's one that strikes an emotional cord for me as something I've spent over a year putting hard work into, while trying to keep the boat afloat is heavy one.

I have come to the conclusion that maybe it is time to leave the USO. I've been on this site for over a year and at first I loved the faction, the stories were fun. But....Things recently I feel have put the nail in the coffin that everyone has been ignoring there. And as a FM I was proud of be part of the faction in a much larger part, but now that make this even harder.

There has not been a 188604 plot thread in months. Everything has been S6, MoD, or some side event.

So I ask the community with a heavy heart. If Section 6, left the USO, would anyone take us in. I have players, tech, assets, and love for this site. I can't offer much more.

Everyone seems to be adding new races and such to the other larger factions, and it's made me realize just how much the ship has already sank. People who once decided to add to this faction changed their minds for various reasons. And in all honesty, I can't blame them, but it makes the realization hurt all the more.

Section 6 was never meant to be a Corp, they don't care about profits. Some have suggested them becoming a PMC and I am thinking about it. I have already had a couple of people offer, the possibility of even being a subfaction has been mentioned. They have knowledge, people, technology, armed forces, and a fleet.

Despite this I want to see all possible options for the organization I've worked so hard on. So again I ask if anyone would take them in? I would very much appreciate the community, who I love and in a way consider family, to share their opinions on this matter.

Not able to offer any kind of faction here, but I can offer my support nonetheless.

And you did PM me over in Discord, but I'll put it here as well. Everyone's allowed to see what great a person you are.

The work you've put in S6, the countless tech submissions, the love and dedication. Just, goddamn. Admiration comes to mind, but even that's selling short how I look to that. It's a bitch, excuse my french, that S6 is in this situation, as I tried to make clear to you before. But, yeah. I don't think I've even found the right words to express myself now, yet.

Hell, this post has become a mess. But I'll put the short and sweet of it. You're great, you're someone I admire and someone that actually motivated me to put the work in on the wiki. I'm here for you man, and I'd gladly go wherever S6 decides to go with a crazy cat in tow.

~<3 IQ

I don't really know much of anything about S6, but my suggestion would be to see if you can make it as independents? There used to be a Indepdent plot that was pretty much a PMC company, and it was a very interesting plot. I'm not saying do the same, but there is a void in independent plots that could be filled by a self run organization. It also might be cool if the Company can get multiple GMs and you could launch different teams for different plots.

Like I said I don't know much about the group, so apologies if that's offensive to your vision of the group, I just through it might be intersting for a multi team company to hit the Indie plots.

I don't really know much of anything about S6, but my suggestion would be to see if you can make it as independents? There used to be a Indepdent plot that was pretty much a PMC company, and it was a very interesting plot. I'm not saying do the same, but there is a void in independent plots that could be filled by a self run organization. It also might be cool if the Company can get multiple GMs and you could launch different teams for different plots.

Like I said I don't know much about the group, so apologies if that's offensive to your vision of the group, I just through it might be intersting for a multi team company to hit the Indie plots.
This is precisely why I spoke and tapped @Jack Pine when I saw his message; as someone who has always liked the mercenary/independent small guys, I want to hopefully offer them a home as a sub-faction within Nepleslia where they can centralize the mercenary market to Nepleslia (which has always kinda been the case; it's the only prominent nation that supports them and @Gunhand4171's Ragnarok came from there).

It's still early talking, but I want to reiterate that if anyone feels hopeless or feels the need to change flavors, then you only need to contact FMs. I've made it a very open policy that I want to help folks who have ideas and players behind them, but with luck this misfortune will turn into a boon that will provide a player-group a home and the ability to continue their RP and evolve it into something great (as I hope to do when Ethereal returns and the Agartha subfaction can launch).

And apologies you had to go through this, Jack; I've had that moment of annoyance with groups I really enjoyed. I'm just thankful that things have worked out for me in the past, such as with Gunhand's management of Nepleslia and now the player-base that has grown and supports the faction now. Perseverance and passion for things will bring the fun back and instill a new sense of enjoyment, I promise you.

Jack, I know we don’t always agree on a lot of things, but I’m honestly, deeply sorry that you have to go through this sort of thing.

It’s always hard to see something you helped build twisted towards the ends of someone who doesn’t seem to care for your wellbeing, and it’s all the more terrible when you trusted that person.

Unfortunately, I can’t offer a home for Section 6, but I can see the hard work you’ve put into them and so I’d like to earnestly wish you good luck with them.

I spoke to you in PMs Jack, so I wont go and repeat the whole speil but you're always welcome to join Horizon and run plots under our name too alongside the exoedition force.

Honestly though I think Legix has given you a really good opportunity to put them in a position where they would be well used and meanigful. Didn't i tell ya buddy, someone would take em cause its a cool group ovob.

I saw this split coming for a long time (because really, it started a long time ago) so I'm not surprised, and I don't want the S6 people getting stuck in a factionless no-mans-land. Therefore, while yes we currently have a moratorium on factions but I think it'd be in the interest of the community for me to allow S6 to grow into a fully-independent playable faction. What that will eventually look like (own nation, or whatever) is up to Jack and the players. But this is me officially saying I'd rather provide help that hold you back.

Also if by some chance you want to join Yamatai I'm also down for that (just figured I'd ask, just in case, haha!).

Hey, what would all you think of making "independents and outlaws" a sort of faction with an actual FM? Maybe that's an idea that would work too.

I'm not sure where I would start with making them a faction, seeing as they're going to need a place to call home. Where that would be I don't know. It's an interesting idea none the less, and I feel running the USO for Zack has given me some experience.

That being said I would like to look at all my options. This is a huge decision and will decide how my organization develops from here. I've put over a year of work into Section 6, and I need to figure out what will be best. If it comes down to it, I'll hold a vote amongst my players, as I have to consider them too.

I agree with @Wes about having it grow into its own faction, thus I have an offer to make for you @Jack Pine

You can become a sub-faction for the Nesh-nesh, in doing so you'll have access to Nesh territory, resources and finances (if you need it). From there you can grow them, develop, and evolve them into something greater than what you have right now. I see no reason to hamper that growth, and I would welcome you and your players with open arms :)

If theres an S6 faction, Does that mean S1-5 are sub-factions?

I also think the indi FM has to be the most chaotic neutral person on the site to best represent the unaligned and uncontrollable forces of the independent peoples and their daily lives. So i put forth my vote, For me.

I dont really know what they will do, Its such a vague thing to have as a faction. But i put forth my application as first term FM for the indi's. I will never do anything of any particular importance. Never unify the independent groups, Never bring peace to the outer rim or the belt. Never flex my muscle as FM and deny you use of my space or stations or planets because i wont have any of those things~

Just a passive aggressive reign of peace/love and a mad mutant running an operation out of an errant moon hurtling through indi space! and you cant stop her~

(I like Syaorans idea. Fm'ing such a broad and vague thing as independents is tricky and weird. Having a council kind of shitck sounds like it might work our better.)

I think making the independents of the site into an actual faction with an FM will take away a lot of flexibility that Independent players have had historically. It may be completely counterproductive here.

Let me be its FM since I am but a simple soul.

And totally not already an FM and totally ineligible.

Totally 100% not a problem to let me help all the independents out there.

@Wes I think I have finally made my decision. I've decided and with agreement from my players.

Section 6 is ready to make a go of becoming a faction. We hope to foster friendly relations with other factions, and build an amazing faction we can be proud of.

I want to thank you all for your input and even the generous offers that a lot of you have made. I look forward to continue working with all of you to continue making this community even more awesome then it already is.

emblem.png

In that case, good luck =D

If you need any assistance, just give me a poke and I'll try and help as much as I can. If you need an ally, a trading partner, or what-not just lemme know :)

Good luck @Jack Pine! Knock their socks off! If you need anything from me just ask ^^

Btw if we're talking about FMship, I think I'm more than ready for one xD just throwing that out there.

(Also I'm still hanging about I'm just focusing on other things, I check in every day tho)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back