• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

The Issue of the Southern Systems

MoonMan

Inactive Member
"Grand Admiral Flint Vanderhuge has brought it to my attention that we currently do not have any solid plans as to what we are doing with these systems left to us by Melisson, before her disappearance," Ed said, stretching his fingers idly as he spoke.

"I myself am not sure what to make of it. Flint seems to think that the Mishhu might have left things on or near these systems, and I'm inclined to at least agree SOMETHING is out there, looking at all of these debris fields from Uesu's billiard run to his new rat hole farther southwest. Searching might give us a better idea what happened to the Mishhu...I'm sure it would be in our best interest to know exactly where or what happened to them. Of course, it could just be the Grand Admiral being a tad restless...he's been like that ever since Melisson took away his pet pest," the ID-SOL coughed distastefully before continuing.

"I suggest at the least securing the area with regular patrols...possibly fortifying it with a more solid defense network to match our nigh-impenetrable grids around New Nepleslia and the Core Systems. After all, that bastard is still down there...and the southern front is the closest thing to him. I suppose, at a later time, we could try resourcing from them, or possibly colonizing the habitable systems...but to attempt to establish both our southern and northern expansions at once isn't that good of an idea at the moment...at least not until the Colonial Expanse is more dug in, and her bounty of resources put to use."

"What are your thoughts, fellow senators?"

"Apparently, the 2nd Assault Fleet has secured the Southern Systems already. I'm unsure of their progress as of now, but I'm sure Grand Admiral Corcyra would be more than happy to share if we should require the information," Calero responded, his usual massive can of Iced Tea in hand.

'Im being summoned for this..?'

Drake's glowing yellow eyes were narrower this time, obviously a bit annoyed by this meeting. "If there are things that we can salvage and use out there... my question is why haven't we done this already? This is Nepleslia... we should take whatever we can and use it to our advantage. Besides which, it would maybe shut Vanderhuge up for a while if we give him something to do."

He certaintly wasn't in a pleasant mood today.

The Sky Marshall rubbed his chin.

"Hm, we already sent a contingent of ships to UOC space for our diplomatic mission, and we still do have our refugee mission to the Freespacer territories planned, do we not? It's good to have our fleets so active, although I would want to prevent spreading them too thin."

He brought up a star map.

"I feel we need to establish a foothold in the galactic south, a station of operations to base our 'Southern Nepleslia' headquarters. That wide gap of destruction somewhat splits our newly gained systems into two chunks. We should probably integrate everything north of Urghlaflu into our core empire, and establish Fhasho as the main sector of the southern Nepleslia. Personally, I think we should those three sectors as a military outpost and/or training grounds/testing area."

"And what of the debris fields? Despite what Drake might think, it takes more than a few months to wade through all of that garbage. What efforts should we take in that regard?"

"I know it takes more than a few months, smartass. I meant why haven't we started already? It's not like we don't have people to spare for it." Drake sighed. There were too many things happening before this meeting was called and he knew the longer he took here, the more his subordinates would probably screw it up.

"The reason they haven't is the exact reason I've brought this up, senator," Ed replied with an indignant smirk and wayward shrug. "We've been ignoring the debris fields and systems, doing very little other than passing an orbital scan or small survey. Deeper investigation might produce more interesting results. And you are right, we do have the people for it...as long as the 3rd Assault Fleet remains at the Core Systems, we can assign the 2nd Assault Fleet to further pry the system clusters and debris fields."

"If nothing else, we can at least begin laying the groundwork for future endeavors. Seeing as we can't expand anywhere beyond what we gained in the galactic south as per our agreement, utilizing what we have is what we need to focus on."

"Goddamn you people take forever to do these things.." He sighed and shook his head. "Anyway, yes. 2nd assault fleet is the most available. Now unless there are any objections to us doing this..." It was becoming more and more obvious he didn't want to be here.

"If I recall some of the horror stories Nekos blather on about, there is a large contingent of POW's and slaves from the SMX/Yamatai war on the habitable planets, which may require immediate aid. We should prioritize investigation and potential rescue operations to system that have been confirmed as having one or more terrestrial-type planets."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back