• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City The Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
(Although in this forum, none of the actions take place near the Horizon. The Probe is never near there.)

In an apparently derelict ship, floating in space, far from any planet or installation, they made the last few alterations, playing with the backwards electronics. The probe was all sharp edges, efficient looking but ugly, inside where electronics of a backwards nature, old fashioned, and functional, but not like any of the advanced corporations would use, but still efficient enough to do what it was designed to. It was well put together though, resilient, but even then was made of old materials, ceramics and advanced alloys, but nothing like NovaCorp would ever use. In fact nothing about the probe was like NovaCorp, which was the point. It had been scowered relentlessly to remove any possible hint at its origin; all marks had been burnt off the surface. It had even been constructed by androids in latex gloves, just to make sure that nothing could be traced.

The ship continued its way around a lonely star, and the androids shared a silent affirmation, it was ready. The probe was ready. Nothing about it had been left to chance. Shame it had taken so long.

The probe was a large thing, around as big as a two story house, a spacious one at that. It needed to be to allow the backwards technology to function, and to contain its special equipment. It lay in the centre of the ships central bay. And in a flash it was gone. It had activated its wormhole drive, and gone.

On the ship the androids shared another moment of silent affirmation, and programmed the ship. It redirected itself, and plunged towards the sun, before being consumed, shields down it didn’t stand a chance as the material that had made it up melted, and flowed, ripped apart by the currents of the sun, and spreading its molecules over its surface. The android’s, everything on board, was gone. Nothing, apart from a black hole, got rid of something quite as efficiently as a sun.

The probe appeared again far away, waited, then opened another wormhole, and did this again, and again, and again. Then it waited for fifteen minutes, then jumped another three times through wormholes. Finally it came to rest to the galactic West of Veritas, around a star. It opened scores of wormholes almost simultaneously, each only as large as the radio’s amplitude, and staying open only long enough to broadcast its message.

Thirty-six appeared at all different distances from Yamatai, broadcasting its message in radio, subspace radio, and microwaves, in both a broadcast, and a highly compact file.

At the same time thirty-five opened outside Nepleslia, hailing it with the same message in radio, subspace radio and microwaves, again both as a broadcast and a highly compact file.

Only a fraction of a second later, twenty-four opened outside Elysia, sending the message again in radio, subspace radio and microwaves, as both a broadcast and highly compact file.

At the single wormholes appeared outside the Kohana and the Horizon, Kennewes, Valaad, Nataria, Tatiana, Anisa, Delsauria, Rok’Veru, and even one to the Destiny and Gashmere, all broadcasting the same message in radio, subspace radio and microwave, as well as send it as a compact file.

Having finished its task, it opened up one final wormhole, and took itself into the centre of the star, consuming it utterly.

This was the message:

"You'll remember the death of Empress Ayame's daughter, Kohana, how my brother Kenji supposedly killed her. This is the true story ..." Kai’s voice said

"Kenji I am. I'll condense it since I don't have much time but back in the Imperial Palace, I was to be wed to the current empress Ayame, whom agreed to be my wife. But I caught her

FZZZT..

Star Army ships jammed the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back