• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

The Left Hand of Darkness

I'm Only Dancing

Inactive Member
Yangfan said:
Nope, never read it. A good portion of my adult life, if I can manage it, will be spent reading science fiction. So no worries. I'll have time. :)

It's nice to know I'm channeling a book that's won a Hugo and a Nebula though. Thanks Seki. ^_^
Read it.
Six or seven times.
Anything written by LeGuin is worth at least that.

Did she do the series with Earthsea or something? The one where magic is mostly along the lines of saying words with their true name and his name was Goshawk. I'm probably wrong, but it was a great series.

I agree. Although the last two books where a little harder to understand, the concept of magic was refreshing, and it's sometimes fun to follow a mage of great power. It's also fantasticly written.

A mage of immense power who, nonetheless, was still at his core human. He sweat, he bled, he suffered like anyone.

Shes very good at letting the reader identify with characters yes...

yes... Ursula LeGuin is a genius... and they recently did a televised version of all three (earthsea) books run together. needless to say, it truly sucked.
The books in the series were brilliant though!

They didn't! *shocked and horrored exspresion*, oh I can only begin to envision the dreadfullness of such a program. Why most they touch all good books and destroy them with terrible TV series or abysmal films?

Zakalwe said:
They didn't! *shocked and horrored exspresion*, oh I can only begin to envision the dreadfullness of such a program. Why most they touch all good books and destroy them with terrible TV series or abysmal films?
Pink Floyd said it best

Money, its a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

I've split the topic, so you guys don't have to scroll through all the Phod stuff to get to the LeGuin discussion. :) Enjoy.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back