• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

The Locust has Landed

Zorak

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
Zorak, after that particular character.
How'd you find Star Army?
Through the wonders of RPG-Directory.
What interested you in joining?
All this lore! It's such a fleshed-out universe that I can't help but be drawn in. That, and I've been looking for a fun original sci-fi RP to get stuck into, and big sweeping space operas are my bread and butter.
Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Oh, yes. I've been doing this for a good chunk of my time online. I'm also fairly proficient in tabletop, chat and MMO RP.
Any previous experiences you want to share?
No particularly interesting ones I can recall at the moment. I'm sure I'll remember them later.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? Probably male, if my characters from other RPs are any indication.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? Both have their advantages, but I always like planned RP better.
  • Military or civilian characters? Military, hands down.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Definitely aliens, because they're always more fun. Although, I won't say no to any of the other options.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Starship. Gotta be out there in the final frontier.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? Personally, I prefer forum posts, mainly because it's easier for both parties.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2
  • Violence: 2
  • Sexuality: 1
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
Honestly? I'm kind of eager to play a humble ship crewman. Maybe it's the Star Trek fan in me, but I always have a soft spot for ship-based RP.

Welcome to SARPo. I'm the FM of Nepleslia and quite an avid fan of ship-based RP as a focus; I am one of the few people who organized and briefly ran capital-ship combat as a plot.

I encourage you to reach out to a few Yamatai plots and to @Charmaylarg Dufrain for Aquila Flight; Yamatai plots have bridge-crew type experiences quite often but it's not necessarily a focus. Aquila Flight, AFAIK, is the closest to a genuine navy/ship experience via fighters; but if there were enough interest I would give Char and the plot itself a bigger, multi-person ship to allow "crewing" roles.

TLDR: Welcome and watch out for the mini-Neko.

Ame dropping the ryhmes to try and recruit players, well since I'm here might as well advertise my two soon to be three plots, all civilian, one is like tomb raider with bird people, second is one of the only ground vehicle based plots i know of and third is a group of misfits trying to make it in the newly started boom on delsauria, if you want to olay an alien the delsaurians are basically dino dudes and super cool.

Welcome to the site

Heyo there! Hope you have a good time here!

Since everyone else is shamelessly advertising I'll point over to my Yamatai plot Task Force Inquisition. We're doing some nice planetary assault stuff which might take your fancy, we're a little bit more realistic than other plots too - two player characters died last mission (don't worry, people revive in the Star Army ^^)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back