• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented The Maki bot

• Thread starter Deleted member 5981
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5981

I would like to suggest a change/addition the the bots in the discord server. The bot I enjoy using is the Maki bot. https://maki.gg/

The maki bot has several features from custom welcome messages both in server and direct message, moderation management which allows logging of all activity in the server from deleted messages to who leaves and if they were booted or banned. It also covers social aspects like music, memes, games, and gif actions.

I love using the Maki bot for both the social and moderator aspects it has and feel it would be a great tool to use to take some of the server moderation stress out of the equation. You can create reaction roles, there is a suggestion tool and a ranking system. It can even monitor activity on the server to give you the statistics on how active the players are and who is more active in the community.

If this bot would be of use in the server I would be willing to pay for premium to unlock all of the content it has. Premium contains extra aspects for the music player as well as other security commands and can even send a link to a user informing them they are banned and why if you choose to use it.

@Wes

Over all I think maki would be a great bot to keep track off the community and how the discord is doing. I also think many people would enjoy the features for social interaction like the meme, gifs and games.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Some of this stuff makes sense, but there's certain aspects I think we should actually avoid using, like a ranking system or bot games.

I agree with the ranking things and bot games as I find them kinda annoying truth be told, but they could just as easily be kept to a bot channel that one can mute, while others can use the ranking system to see how active they are in the server.

That said, the Maki bot was a bot that I had brought up before, so this has my full support in bringing it into the server. We could name her MEGAMI or PANT-IES or somethin

I can understand your concern Alex and Sage. Its something we can look into to see if its possible to disable the leveling or not. I find the games fun from time to time but they are just an addition feature my main focus is on the moderation, logging and the improved music area of this bot. The server doesn't seem to have much logging or moderation from where I stand as a simple member but that also may be somewhere I don't have access to. But I do know Wes uses the music bots almost daily and being able to pause a song and restart it would be nice for when serious topic arise so its easier to focus during those moments and return to the music where you left off instead of having to readd the music to que when its stopped. @SageShooter @Alex Hart

@Wes I would love your opinion and if you would like to test it out I can create a test server so you can see what its capable of.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back