• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

In Progress The Nashoba WiP Project

Yuuki

Wiki-chan! Ganbatte yo!
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Nashoba left behind a very extensive list of WiPs, and many of them were essentially complete and ready to submit. Some of them are just stubs, and quite a bit is out of date, but a large portion of them are completely finished and a lot have models. We need to go through these as a group and fast track them.

Yes, I would love to be able to say we finished all his unfinished creations we could find. It's important to me that his legacy is preserved to the greatest reasonable extent. He was a very creative guy who loved Star Army and scifi in general. He had a huge impact on the setting both as a GM and as a creator of setting articles.

Understood! I'll spend some time assembling a list (which I'll post here) that'll help me work through it and get things updated, and I'll then start working through it. I'll reach out for help if I bump into something that's too 'big' for me, or if I'm uncertain about how to get an article up to snuff.

Yuuki's List (which started the thread)
What follows are, in order, the real url's of the articles, with quick notes by me to get an idea of which ones need work.

Image source unknown, could use some years, maybe some clarity about what exactly it is (a space station? a ship? both?). Maybe bring it in line with the starship template, give it a history.

Needs some years, and moving out of the 'WIP2023 or older' group. Image source unknown. Figure out when this was used maybe. Needs templatizing.

Geshrinari Shipyards Cargo Processing through Systems Maintenance.
It looks like these articles are all 'subsystems' of the Geshrinari Shipyards Spaceport. This is, to me, a handy one-stop-shop for what a typical Yamataian spaceport might look like, so it definitely bears a little work to bring it up to date. I would probably just re-write the Concourse subsection and describe what the Concourses tend to look like, and eliminate those redlinks there. I feel like I can extrapolate from Small and Medium shipyards to figure out what a Large one looks like. The main Spaceport article could use templatizing.

Shouldn't be too hard to look at the 3200 and extrapolate from that to get the 4200?

The 4201 looks like a planned update for the 3201. Similar to the above, just update based on what the older one had.

These three all look great, got worked on. I don't see a major need for work here on these.

NovaCorp is where it gets BIG. There's a lot of NovaCorp products, but only a few were on his WIP list. They could probably all use a bit of an update.

Needs some work. Apparently it comes standard on NovaCorp ships. Is it listed as a component though, on their ship pages? If not, that bears doing.

I'm going to have to read up on Quantum Foam.

Very barebones article, but a little time and it'll be up to speed.

Wormhole maker. I'll seek guidance with this one, though the article needs cleaning up and templatizing no matter what.

Did everyone have a Hyperspace Fold? Maybe come to this one last once you get a good idea of what's up here.

Article itself says its functionally identical to another tech, but should still be explained a little.

This one's got a green check mark, but could still use reorganizing and clarification of where the stations are. Table of contents would be good. I may try to mimic some of the other good bridge articles out there.

Missing info for several parts of the ship, but it shouldn't be too bad. It's a big shuttle, basically? Larger than a runabout, smaller than the Defiant.

Super limited article. May not need much, though. It's a drive, it does the drive things.

I feel like Nashoba maybe made the 3D art himself, it all has a certain style. If I can get confirmation of that, I can update sources on all this art.

Needs tinkering

Linked to the Mantis power armor. May need to look at similar techs to expand on this article.

Cute little shuttle. Needs templatizing, some updates, development history, etc. Shouldn't be too hard.

What follows is Content from Nashoba's To-Do list.

Update this. Was there a plot? Who was in the plot? link up the forum threads so future readers can go back and see what happened and where.

The SSS main page could use some work too. Find out how deep I need to go here with the wiki updates. Are the SSS still doing things? Still being used?

Could use some updating. Where is it, what's it close to, does it align with the Places template?

There is a LOT of detail for this ship. It's a great ship! May need some readability improvements? Not sure how much work is needed here.

Maybe someone can tell me what this is. A template to create custom Tansaku ships?

Needs some work. Linking to where the ship was used on the forum, maybe a crew list (PCs?)

This looks like an event. Is this nested correctly? Does it need YE's? Wikifying? Looks decent though.

Another system entry that could use some updating.

Oh wow. Yeah, this is a cool one. Are people using the Naginata? This one may take some time, but it'll be a fun project.

This one looks fine to me! Needs a little wikifying though (maybe by whom? KFY)

Also fine. Needs a little wikifying though (maybe by whom? KFY)

There's a mention of ke_z3_missiles, but it's a red link, and I can't seem to find any details on this. It was meant to be a Ketsurui Fleet Yards product if I'm reading the nomenclature correctly.

I'll ask for guidance on this, and on the 'join the 2xf' stuff, whether I need to touch any of that as part of this project or not.

He had some redlinks about Star Army Basic Fighter Training School and Star Army Advanced Fighter Training School, but they lead no where, and there are current wiki pages for Star Army training schools. I won't do any work here.

This is an adorable little company. I'll be thrilled to work on this and get it up to date.

A disambiguation article? Do we do these on the SARP Wiki? Was the Tamahagane all Nashoba's stuff?

Hidden Sun Clan stuff I'll probably leave for a dedicated project in the future.

An NPC he used, their article could use updating.

Okay, I think that's the main list for now! There's probably other Nashoba creations that these articles 'touch' that I'll find as I go through. I'll update my progress here from time to time. If anyone out there wants to team up with me, please let me know. Cheers!

There's a lot of non-SAoY related because an overhaul of the entire SSS was on his list, and updates of their ships, etc.

Feedback requested!

Nashoba was creating modified versions of existing ships that had been retooled for the Rapid Disaster Response Service line (RDRS, a product line of disaster response ships). He was nearly done with RDRS versions of two of the ships (the RDRS Jihi-class and the RDRS Ekitai-class). I have updated these two with stats and got them ‘templatized’, they’re essentially good to go.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:geshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_taishita_class_freighter
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:geshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_ekitai_class

However, there are six more ship articles that only have a single image, which is a recolor of the base ship, with no further details included. For the two re-works above, Nashoba had imagined these ships with new, disaster-recovery oriented roles. They carried androids, they hauled water to put out fires or hydrate people, they could rescue people or do construction, etc etc. None of these articles below have any of that work done, it’s just the reskinned ship image. These are those very limited articles, below.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...rp:geshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_medium_freighter
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...rp:geshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_light_cruiser_2a
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip_2023_or_older:corp:geshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_ge-v1_fighter
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip_2023_or_older:corp:geshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_tenba_class
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...rp:geshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_ge_t1_2a_shuttle
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...eshrinari_shipyards:rdrs_passenger_class_ship

I’d like to propose a few paths forward, and get feedback on what yall would like me to do:

#1. “Do The Full Write-up” - Extrapolate information from the base model of the ship, and try to think of how the ship might’ve been used in a disaster scenario. This path does fully complete something Nashoba clearly meant to do. It would take a decent amount of time and effort, and I have no way of knowing what Nashoba’s original plans might’ve been for the disaster-version of the ship. Even in the two ships that Nashoba nearly completed, I deferred (in the article) to the article of the main version of the ship for most details. I fear I would be doing much of the same for these other reskins, because there’s not much that’s changed between the versions of the ships.

#2. “Include as a Subsection Of The Main Ship” - The art of the re-color could be included in the article of the main ship design. The subsection could be something like “RDRS Disaster Recovery version” or something like that, and it would show the image. Links could lead to this subsection using a # link.

So for example, the RDRS Ge-C1-3a - Ookami-Class Light Cruiser is a reskinned (gray) Ge-C1-2a - Ookami-Class Light Cruiser. I would create a subsection of the Ge-C1-2a article that has the image of the gray reskin, and briefly describes how it might’ve been used in a disaster recovery scenario. Links to the RDRS version of the Light Cruiser would actually link to the page’s subsection. Such links would look like this under the hood:

[[corp:geshrinari_shipyards:light_cruiser_2a#disaster_recovery_version|RDRS Ge-C1-3a - Ookami-Class Light Cruiser]]

There would be no standalone article for the RDRS Ge-C1-3a in this case, and that may be a problem for the site’s standards. However, this path requires less effort than “Do The Full Write-up”, and it allows writers and GMs using these ships to save time, because all the extra details are already there on that page for the base ship. I would still be describing what the ships do, but perhaps in less detail than the Full Write-up path (since specifications and propulsion and so on are already there on the same page).

#3. “Delete the Pages” - This path involves deleting the pages, as there isn’t enough information available to know what Nashoba wanted to do with these ships. This means losing the reskinned images of the base model ships, but it means less time is spent on these vessels. I like this option the least.

I’m torn between #1 and #2, and of course there may be other ways of working this out, so I’d welcome feedback on this, and guidance on how yall would like me to move forward.

Last edited:
Status Update!
This isn’t all-inclusive, but it’s a pretty good idea of what I’ve got done so far. I’ll be posting some questions in the Questions forum related to this work.

I updated the main RDRS article.
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:tamahagane_corporation:rapid_disaster_response_service

And the central hub of the whole RDRS line, the rescue station.
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:geshrinari_shipyards:hachinosu_rescue_station
Still need some feedback on the question above to finish the RDRS and Hachinosu work.

Completed ‘research’ on a couple ships that Nashoba was still working on, like the Matsuri-class liner and the Specter-class patrol craft.

Fixed up the main Geshrinari Shipyards article.
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:geshrinari_shipyards

Completed the Geshrinari Shipyards Spaceport article and ALL of its components, the small/medium/large configurations, as well as the Concourses section and the ‘standard configurations’ section.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:geshrinari_shipyards:ayenee_starbase
Got big help from Wes in updating this article. I also converted the original HTML design doc into an ODT doc, uploaded that to the Media Manager, and linked it in the article (with a warning that some info isn’t carried over, since it came from video games and whatnot). Gotta carry the old lore forward!

Made some brief updates to the Guriddo defense system, and the two components that Nashoba was working on updating. The second of the components, the Kyouheki, is missing weapon damage details and statistics, and I’ll admit that sort of work is beyond me, right now. I’ve left a note in the article that this work still needs to be done.
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:starship_classes:guriddo2:kyouheki

Finished the NovaCorp work, completed outstanding ships still being ‘researched’ (they are now live and in-use).

Spent some time on the Nayacesen Industrials page and their products, cleaning them up and making sure they’re readable.

He had a personal to-do note to update the Tansaku-class ships, but he never got started. The old Tansaku’s a neat ship, lots of detail, YE 33 era. Nothing really needed from me here.

The YSS Aegon II stuff actually had lots of great links, I didn’t see any need to change it or make updates after a second glance.

UX-23 looked fine, saw no need for work there. It’s one of the systems of the Ketsurui Military Sector.

The YSS Yurai actually has no forum posts associated with it. Nashoba likely had plans for it, or was using it to breathe a little more life into wiki events he was creating.

Kagayaki Cosmetics didn’t need much work!

Clearly, Nashoba was a dedicated and detail-oriented person. It’s difficult to express how impressive some of this work is: starports with modular configurations, and adorable 3D models showing you what they look like, ships upon ships with their weapons all described and modeled out. I know others have done the same, but it’s cool to see the effort this man put into this place.

Once I get some answers to some questions (over in the questions forum) we should be able to wrap this up and move on to the Hidden Sun project next (perhaps).

I've started going through Hidden Sun Clan content. There's a few red-links and unfinished WIP's, and their articles as a whole need updating. Unless there's any opposition, I'll make those fixes. I won't be creating anything new, just fixing up what's already there.

I'm opening up for folks to join in over Voice today, and I'm working on organizing another Species Review (or whatever we've been calling them) like we've done for the Phods and Delsaurians.

Reach out to me if you'd like to participate! Always welcoming help on this sort of thing.

Hidden Sun Clan update!

I've been trucking along with the Hidden Sun Clan part of this project for the last few days. I'd like to update my progress here, so future readers know what's been done.

I created an advertisement looking for volunteers willing to look at the Hidden Sun Clan wiki and help me spot problems. You can find a link to that ad post here:

I've been going down the line of the Information section of the Faction page for the most part, correcting and updating as I go. I've fixed the following pages:
I also fixed major subpages of those pages. For instance, Businesses had several subpages, many of which had the wip2023 tag (which I fixed).

As I go through, I'm taking opportunities to link back to other cultural elements of the HSC, to help folks learn as they go. There's quite a lot of reading here, and one thing I try to do is make sure there's an english translation accompanying at LEAST the first use of an alien word. Nashoba was pretty good about that.

There's still a lot of potential with this faction and its culture. Nashoba had some neat ideas with the Battle Rules for instance, and there's all kinds of cool ways to RP the philosophy of hunting and wounding your prey and so on.

Other things I've knocked out:

Major updates to the faction page:
Fixed up sections for readability. Explained the importance of the Code, and linked it in the Information section. Corrected some syntax in the Clan Origin story. Reorganized the article based on the Faction Template. Moved around pictures for different species for clarity, and reorganized the Incorporated Species section. Described the flag with words. Filled out the Treaties section, and other sections that were missing. Broke down the technology list into the Technology article instead, for easier finding.

Fixed up the Bagnor (rite of passage) article.

Updated the HSC section in the Creating a Character list, fixed a text wrap-around problem with their flag in this chart.

Clarified the Niko Yarme group (the former NMX Nekos living in the Clan) and added some more helpful info there.

Fixed up the Clan Crest page.

Worked on the HSC Character Creation guide, but more work needs to be done on that guide, I think.

The Technology page is going to be a doozy.

Finally, I don't know if/when I'll do a voice call about the Hidden Sun Clan. With the Phods and Delsaurians you had just a couple of pages, so it was easy to get folks on board and ask them questions about them. With the HSC... there's oodles of stuff. I think soon I'll recruit for some one-on-ones to help people learn to play these guys.

That's all for now.

I've been making my way through another set of articles related to the Hidden Sun Clan. Here are the articles I ran through since my last update (there may be some duplicates, sometimes I jump to an article ahead of the line because I happen to be researching relevant stuff).

I'm currently going through the Drugs section, so that's not 100% complete.

I'll highlight some of the articles or sections that required a lot of work:

Territory: The actual borders of the HSC reach far beyond their home nebula. I want it to be clear what systems they claim as their own, and where these systems and planets are in the wiki, so I've been spending time in each article 'locating' them. For example, in a particular planet article, I want the first paragraph to say what system it's in, where it is roughly in Clan territory, and where it is in relation to Yamatai. The Clan also has different kinds of holdings. There's the Worldship, then there are conventional colonies, then there's a formerly secret illegal colony which was repatriated, then there's a big Yamatai science station, then there's a floating space station that build starships... I wanted to make sure all this got noted somewhere. This'll be a continuous thing.

Nashoba created his own minority population of former NMX Nekos who joined the Clan, the Niko Yârme. They're pretty cool, so I tried to put links to them in all the places where they should be. Maybe someday I'll commission art of what they might look like.

The way the Clan government works was written all over the place; in the Council page, on the Mui page, on the Government page, on the Faction page... I tried to consolidate that info and make it clearer to folks.

The Clan has a tradition of scavenging and seeking resources, and I try to link those occupations frequently so writers get the picture of how important these activities are.

I spent a bit of time finding animals Nashoba had mentioned and described, but hadn't yet put on the Animals list. I also updated the food and drinks list, and the booze, and created wiki links between them. I still want to go back and verify things are wikified properly there.

I also spent some time describing the social structure of the Clan. I do still intend to go back into the Creating a Hidden Sun Clan Character page and touch it up some, as I keep learning more and more things a newbie needs to know.

Final Note: I'll still open for folks willing to help with testing the content!

More to come as I make progress with this stuff. Please feel free to ask questions if you want to know more!

I wanted to record this information in one spot for posterity. I'll put the same info up on the Wiki as well, so the artists get their due.

The HSC Chibi art, such as the one found here for Hewid: Hewid Letes on Star Army Space Roleplay

Was drawn by the artist known as nicoyguevarra on Deviantart: Chibi Poku Saeruo Degonjo Hewid by nicoyguevarra on DeviantArt

The other art of the Qaktoro, Tula, Qakla and Tuoro, as well as a few other characters, like these: https://wiki.stararmy.com/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=faction:hidden_sun_clan:hsc_group.png

These were drawn by artist Haribon on Deviantart: Qaktoro by NashobaTaliHata on DeviantArt

There are some rough sketches that appear to have been used to give Haribon an idea of what Nashoba was looking for. These sketches still act as placeholder art for characters without art. Here's an example:
And another

It looks like, at least for the Qaktoro, Nashoba 'created' the image in media manager, but that doesn't necessarily mean he drew it.

If anybody out there knows for sure whether the sketches are Nashoba's or not, I'd love to know!

Edit: I almost wonder if these rough sketches were provided by Haribon themselves, as like a "Hey, this is what they might look like. Is this right?" and then after Nashoba confirmed it, Haribon went on to make the full versions.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back