• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP The Princess and the Pilot

Dragon_God

RP Date
YE41
RP Location
Sirris VI
==== Sirris VI | Recreational Room =====

The recreational room was empty, it was late in the day, and everyone else didn’t bother to enter in. Nothing was going on, other than whatever the New Dusk Conclave was already working on.

All except for one young man, Ydrin. A short man, only being 5’8”, and weighed 120 pounds. He wore a black leather jacket and jeans, with a white t-shirt underneath. He was a mech pilot and engineer designer. His hair was short and grey, fairly messy, while his eyes were a brimming gold. His skin was soft and pale, with scars and burn marks all over from engineering and torture. On top of all that, he had his dog tag, the one that had his name and the disclaimer that he was a mute.

Upon entering the recreation room, he sat down at the table and silently worked on the projects that his superiors give to him. He was laying as low as he could, due to his history with working in Genesis squad, and them being directly linked with Crimson. Who were a large enemy that Section 6 had.

An even shorter person, Adria, at only 4’9, entered the rec room with her large butterfly wings behind her. She glanced at Ydrin, though she didn’t notice the dog tag, and she said “Uhh… Hi…” before she moved to sit on a couch.

Ydrin turned to the small girl, he gave a moment, looking at her, then turned back to his work. He didn’t seem to be too affected, though he was not being all to welcoming either. He chose today because he knew others wouldn’t show up and bully him over what he did in his past. So he assumed the worst for everyone, choosing to opt out of engaging any further. Though was not looking too great either.

Fortunately, Adria didn’t know about his past, so she didn’t have much to say about him. She didn’t care that she wasn’t being welcomed, but she did notice that he was looking a bit sickly. She wasn’t sure whether or not to actually ask about it, so she kept quiet and leaned back on the couch.

It was then when he started to look at files of people who were in Section 6. Pulling up a hologram of Adria and reading on her file. It didn’t take long for him to be silently chuckling. He then looked back at her then back at the data, ‘Princess, yeah, sure looks like one. The fairy princess.’ He thought to himself.

Adria looked around to confirm it was her he was glancing at. They appeared to be the only ones in the room, so it must’ve been her. And… Adria squinted, looking at Ydrin. Was he laughing? She looked around the room again. At… her?! “W… What’s so funny?!” she asked, annoyed as she already suspected she was the subject of whatever he was chuckling at.

Ydrin shook his head, dismissing her. He closed the hologram and returned back to doing his work with a smirk on his face.

Adria got up and glanced at what he was looking at, but she was too late to see that he had been reading her file or looking at her hologram. She stepped to the side a few steps, and noticed the smirk on his face. “What?!” she asked, unsure if she should be embarrassed since she didn’t do anything other than enter the room and sit down.

Ydrin got up and grabbed his tablet, he tapped his nose and did a slight bow. Remaining silent as he returned to his normal serious expression, his scars more clear as she was closer to him. ‘What does she want- ah, she probably caught on to me laughing about her file. I’m impressed someone like her was able to raise that fast. Must be lucky.’ He thought.

“Uhh…?” Adria said, mostly confused since he hadn’t said anything yet. “What were you laughing at?” Adria wasn’t sure what he was doing, she couldn’t tell why he had tapped his nose or why he was now… bowing?

Ydrin pointed at her, in response to her question. He then grabbed his dog tag with his other hand and took a step forward to show her the disclaimer read, [MUTE]. Waiting for her response.

“...ME?!” Adria asked angrily. Then she saw his dog tag and said “Oh you… can’t… talk? I guess that’s why… W-wait why were you laughing at me?!” she asked, now understanding why he wasn’t talking, but still confused as to why he was laughing.

Grabbing his Tablet, he went to type a response, then remembered he has a Geist, [I was amazed on how fast you went from a normal cute girl to a bomb ass princess.] he sent to her. Hoping that, that would clear things up. Not wanting to anger the Pines any further than he had.

Adria looked at the message he sent to her datapad, and read it. “AH-” she began. “I’m not cute! Or a princess!” she said angrily. “Well I’m technically a princess but that’s not the term I’d use…” she continued. “But still, I’m not cute!”

[Sorry, just thought you were attractive. That attitude goes well with how you look too. Tough girl look is always awesome.] Ydrin gave a subtle thumbs up before extending his hand out. [Ydrin McMaster.]

“O-oh uh… thanks…” Adria said, quickly calming down and blushing. She looked down at her flat chest and fairly skinny legs, practically the polar opposite of what her sister Adi had. “My name’s Adria Pine… hold on… when did you see me go from a normal girl to a princess?” she asked, unaware that he had read her file.

Taking a moment for him to respond, [I- I read up on everyone’s files. Trying to keep myself informed on everything that goes on here, since I’m new.] Explaining as he tried to brush under the table what he was doing earlier. Though was slightly interrupted by his stomach growling. “...”

“Oh…” Adria said, assuming that’s what he was doing the whole time. When she heard his stomach growl, she looked at his stomach and remained silent for a few seconds, before saying “Uhh… are you… hungry?”

[Yeah, I haven’t eaten in two weeks. They’ve kept me so busy that I can’t. I prepare a lunch everyday, but they normally steal it from me so, I go hungry.] Sending it to Adria as he walked over to the large lunchbox that he left on the table. [I have enough for two if you want some?] Offering, as he had a lot to spare.

“Sure…” Adria said, “But it sounds like you need it more…” She glanced at the lunchbox, and asked “So who’s this you’re talking about, with keeping you busy and stealing your lunch?”

Ydrin sat down and opened up his lunch box, he then took out a large roasted chicken, then a bowl of macaroni and cheese. After that he started grabbing out chips and other small snacks, like pretzels, cookies, veggies, fruit, and bread. Last was the stuffing and the three bottles of juice. [I can’t eat all of this myself, I got utensils too.] He sent before grabbing them out, then the plates to eat off of. [My boss keeps me working 18 hour days and when I get here, people steal my lunch and shove me around and hit me because of my past. It hurts.] Ydrin tried to keep a straight face, but it was showing.

“Oh geez that’s a lot,” Adria remarked, seeing all the food. She frowned when Ydrin sent her the message explaining his boss to her. “Your boss doesn’t seem like a nice guy, neither do your coworkers,” Adria said. “What did you do to make them do that?” the butterfly girl asked, not amused by these people who were making him work for so long and taking his lunch.

Ydrin pointed at the chair across from him, setting up both sides for each of them. Grabbing some chicken, Mac and cheese, stuffing, and veggies right off the bat and placing it on his plate. He waited for her to join him. [There’s plenty to go around, I’ll explain once you join me.] Ydrin sent her.

Adria took some chicken and macaroni and put it on her plate, sitting down in the chair. She started eating the chicken, the sharp cat fangs in her mouth visible, along with her other teeth which were more cat-like than a human’s. “You know these jerks sound kinda like my old… errr… owners…” she commented.

[I use to work for a mercenary group. Genesis Squa, we took jobs of all kinds. Everyone was specialized, however, Jason then got involved with Crimson. We started doing more jobs for them than others. Till we were essentially working directly for them. I have broken into 12 large bank facilities either alone or with the crew. Bringing millions of KS into my pockets. Some of the people here were affected by the jobs I took. So they punish me. Shit, this isn’t any different from Crimson for me. Shitty boss, hateful coworkers. The only difference was they were all women and cultish.] He messages her, Starting to eat his chicken and stuffing first. Looking down after sending it.

The insectoid girl read the message for a few minutes, before asking “Are you still working with this Crimson?” She wasn’t too sure what else to say, since it would be kind of hard for someone to shrug off getting their money stolen, or whatever else he did.

[No, they would have tortured me like my cousin Kyle. He just got back from being kidnapped by them. I don’t want to be apart of that cult anymore. I just want my life to be normal, or as normal as it can get. Just get a girl and do my own thing. Basic shit.] Ydrin send to her while continuing to eat his lunch. Feeling like he’s making an autobiography.

“Yeah… Crimson doesn’t sound like good people…” the butterfly remarked. “I think I remember Kyle… They kidnapped him too? There’s been a lot of kidnappings lately…”

[Just got him back from Crimson. Cloned him 240 times and messed with his DNA. IDK what else. I know what it’s like to have your DNA be ripped…] Ydrin hesitatingly sent after waiting a minute.

“Ouch…” Adria said. “There’s this one group, Hades, who uh…” she paused briefly, with some kind of sound of remorse or sadness in her voice, “They kidnapped by brother, Adilis…” She went on “We got him back, but I wasn’t able to protect him in the first place… Oh and er… they turned him into a girl- she’s a very… curvy girl now… and she apparently came back from Hades with a girlfriend,” she awkwardly elaborated.

Ydrin stated for a moment, then looked back at his food continuing, [That I have no clue. These genetic modification cults like to just do whatever with who they get. I mean… yeah, not going to bring that one up.] Sending it while thinking about the first time Kyle was captured, it being his fault. ‘If only I know the family and future he had here, would I have turned the other way…’ He thought to himself. Not really having a response for that. He knew that Kyle was forced on by them, but he didn’t know what to say about someone coming out of there with a girlfriend.

Adria slowly nodded, eating more chicken. “Those groups are pretty strange and, well uh, bad… I don't know what exactly they're trying to do…” she said. “I guess me and Adi were made by one of those genetic modification groups.”

[My genes were stripped from me and jammed into a research lab. I’ve lost my family, all except for one, and he is not one to remember me.] Ydrin held onto before he deleted it and sent a new one, [Yeah, but I guess they could have been worse. I mean, you’re not half bad to look at, not to be rude. You are someone I can ‘talk’ to. So you’re the first.] Then sending that to her tablet, ‘first girl I could talk to without having a gun pointed at my face, that’s a first.’ He thought, though not worrying about it too much.

“Uhh… Thanks…?” Adria said, scratching the back of her head. “What do you mean… I'm not half bad to look at?” she asked.

Ydrin looked at her, giving a minute before responding to her. [Have you never been complemented before? I was pointing out how good you look. Personally too.] He sent with no shame in stating it. ‘She probably could give less than a shit about me anyways. Complimenting people on their success is just something I do regardless on their status with me. It’s just ingrained in me I guess… and I’m ‘talking to myself’ again.’

“I have, but…” the butterfly girl began, “...I don’t really see why you would do that…” Though truth be told, the compliment caught her off-guard anyways.

He shook his head, [I honestly couldn’t just not say something. Sorry, I’m weird.] Ydrin stood up, looking like he was about to leave due to him making situation awkward. Though just stood there for a moment, unsure. He wasn’t use to talking to others, especially women or girls.

“Ehh, it’s not that weird… I was just surprised, I don’t usually get those compliments…” Adria read the message again, and said “You know if you’re mute, don’t you not say anything all the time?”

Ydrin stopped and looked straight at her, taking just a second before he was laughing. It was funny to him, he hadn’t caught on it till then and it was a genuine mood raiser. [That’s funny!] he scrambled to send to her.

In that second that Ydrin stared, Adria realized she could’ve just potentially offended Ydrin unintentionally, but she was quickly relieved to see she hadn’t. “It was?” she asked Ydrin for confirmation.

[Yes. It was, something I haven’t laughed at in a while.] His laughter soon died down, as he sat back down and looked back towards the his plate, almost empty, but tears started to run down his face. He was feeling odd, the pain he held deep in and held himself silent was weird to have the accessibility to just open up and tell people.

Adria chuckled, but her laughter slowed to a stop when she saw Ydrin’s tears. Her eyes widened, suspecting she did something to cause it, and she asked “Uhh… err… why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?” Adria looked around Ydrin, looking to see if something else had caused him to cry- maybe something painful, or even some onions, but she didn’t see anything of note.

Ydrin shook his head, [No, it’s just. I have never opened up to anyone before. It’s just a different experience for me. It’s new for me, I just don’t know how to express it.] Ydrin was not very use to talking to others. He rarely ever communicated with others. And having access to do that have changed his aspect on life.

“Ah…” Adria said, scratching the back of her head again. Adria rarely opened up to anyone either, she usually intentionally tried to avoid it. “I guess I’m in the same boat… I haven’t done that much either…”

Ydrin whipped his face then asked her, [Sorry for making things weird. I’m not good at talking to people. Never was really able to… So, what do you like for sweets? Type of pastries of candy you like?] Wanting to do something or talk to her for a while longer, as he might have actually someone to talk to who didn’t kick his ass.

“You didn’t make things weird,” the feline bug girl simply stated, her long tail flicking. She thought about telling him about one of her favorite snacks, but she decided not to since it was pretty weird. “Erm… not sure if I have a particular favorite,” she lied.

Ydrin saw through it, [Everyone has their weird favorites. Come on, just say it.] He sent to her as he kept a slight smirk on his face looking at her.

Adria went pale, almost sweating. “Uh…” she muttered, thinking quickly. “No… I don’t have one…” she said, hoping to throw Ydrin off the trail.

[If you tell me I’ll whip it up for you. How about that?] he pressed. Seeing this as a fun little challenge to make her tell him her secrets. Even if it is petty.

“I don’t think it’s possible to make with the ingredients here,” she said, eyeing over the food from Ydrin’s lunchbox. “-that… that’s because it doesn’t exist,” she quickly added on.

Ydrin looked down, [Then would you like some chocolate cake?] He then pulled out a small chocolate cupcake and offered it to her.

“Sure… I guess…” Adria said, letting out a very quiet sigh, thinking she avoided telling Ydrin her guilty pleasure. She took the chocolate cupcake and started eating it.

[I'm going on a wild guess and saying it’s fish?] He sent to her, as a possible idea. Due to the feline teeth and tail giving away some distinct features.

“No, what makes you think it’s fish?” the small cat girl asked, not realizing he was on the right track. “Fish isn’t weird anyway.”

[Hold on, I have something then.] Ydrin then left to access the mini fridge that he hid in the cabinet, then pulled out a tuna like fish. It was raw and on a plate, about only 1 day old. [Planned on making this in a casserole, but take it.] He then placed the fish on her plate.

“Uh…” Adria murmured, unsure about what to say about the tuna. Her fluffy red tail seemed to flick, maybe even wag, as she sniffed and stared at the Tuna. While something was nudging her to want to eat it, it wasn’t really her favorite snack. “It’s just… tuna?” she asked, sniffing it. She didn’t necessarily seem “excited” about it, though something was definitely drawing her to it as she kept sniffing and glancing at the raw fish.

To help motivate her. He pushed the plate a bit closer to her, [Don't be shy, take a bite. If I’m correct, you’ll love it. If I’m wrong, then you have something to slap me with.] He sent to her as he stood there next to her waiting.

When the plate was pushed closer to her, she quickly snatched up the fish and chewed it in her mouth, definitely liking it. “Correct? About what?” she mumbled with a full mouth.

Ydrin smirked, heading back to his seat and sitting down. Putting more food on his plate, [Well, now I know who to give all my fish to. Hope you like that arrangement. There’s 2 more in the mini fridge right now if you want more.] he pointed out, seeing how quickly she took to the tuna. [I think I heard somewhere about fish making you grow bigger in places you want to.] Being a tease as he was wanting to be a bit of an asshole, though that was sent without context, and meant it word by word.

“Well fish is good but it's not irresistible, fish isn't my favorite foo-” Adria cut herself off when she read the second part of the message, saying “Wait, really?!” genuinely believing it.

[Well Yeah, it makes your muscles larger and gain more fat in locations that you body lacks. Or has a lot in for some people.] Ydrin continues the gag, seeing as she has fallen for it. Though, meat did that in general. It was still just funny.

“Oh, that’s interesting,” Adria said, getting up. The butterfly cat waddled over to the fridge and took the two extra fish out, walking back and putting them on her plate. It didn’t take long before she started eating them.

Ydrin chuckled a bit, but it wasn’t of nefarious nature. It was cute to him to see this girl be that gullible. He then grabbed up the extra food and started to put it away. Picking up all of the dirty silverware and extra plastic tubs. Taking them over to go get cleaned in the sink. [I’m glad I could help you out with that then. Tell me when you want to have more. I’ll make sure to purchase them and trade them over.] Sending that as he did the dishes that were already there, as well as his own. Just to keep him occupied as he was trying to maintain this conversation.

“No, you don’t need to do that,” Adria said, still eating the second fish. It looked like she’d finished with the other food, more interested in the tuna now.

Ydrin finished the dishes after a few minutes. Turning to Adria and having an awkward expression. He had no clue what else to talk about. His mind was blank, he didn’t want to be weird. ‘Would she be interested in engineering? No, her file would beg to differ. I don’t want to make things depressing either…’ He stood there thinking, his eyes closed and his hand on his chin. Processing his thoughts.

Adria wasn’t sure what to talk about either, but had stopped eating the tuna. She had apparently gotten full despite having intended to eat both extra fish. Adria looked back at Ydrin, in awkward silence.

[So… is there anything that you want to talk about or do?] Breaking the silence, though was only stopped by the buzzing of Adria’s tablet. He stood there kicking his legs back and forth slowly.

“Not really sure,” Adria said. She sat there with her large butterfly wings swaying, the brain beneath her tall curled antennae was drawing a blank as to what to say next. Looking down at her plate which still had one partially eaten fish and one full fish on it, she decided to ask “So this fish… how’s it… work?”

Ydrin had to think for a moment before he walked over to her and placed his hand on her shoulder and pointed at it with his other hand. [These things are called fins, they help propel the fish to swim. Some fish need to constantly move to push water through the gills, here. So they can breath, because they breathe the oxygen bubbles in water.] He explained.

Adria stared blankly at the fish, realizing she worded that question broadly. “Er… No, no I meant how does it make you grow bigger in places you want it to?” she asked after partially reading what Ydrin sent.

Ydrin shrugged, [It’s the enzymes and fats inside the fish. They help supplement areas in need like, your chest for example.] he pointed out.

“Oh they do?” Adria said, sounding curious and interested. “How quickly do they do that?”

Ydrin has to take a moment, taking her tablet and searching for the enzyme that works within fish, pointing it out. [It takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks for noticeable changes.] Being daily close to Adria in terms of space.

“Huh… Is that so…” Adria muttered, now sounding like she was thinking about something. It was almost like she was daydreaming.

Ydrin took his hand off and looked away for a moment. [What about, how… what would you say to me asking you out for a date to the movies or dinner or something? I can, tell you more about my past. We could get to know each other more.] Sending it whole turning back to her.

The butterfly’s face quickly went pale as she realized what Ydrin was saying. Her mind drew a blank, she searched for the words to go with her response. “W-well… I… uh…” she stuttered. “In this… uh… hypothetical scenario, I would probably respond… er…” she paused, trying to think of what she actually would say. “I would probably say yes. Hypothetically. If that happened,” she finished.

[Then would you like to go on a date?] Ydrin sent to her asking. He was genuinely interested in this girl. She seemed to be a fun person. [We could go to the movies, I’ll get popcorn and candy. Seating too.]

“That… um… uh…” Adria said, fumbling for words. “Yeah… That sounds like a good idea,” she said, finally. “So, what kind of movie?” she asked.

Ydrin took a moment to think about her character file, processing to determine which style she would enjoy the most. Until an idea came to mind, [We could go see a war film? Unless you had something else in mind that you wanted to watch.]

“I don’t have anything else in mind- I guess that sounds good,” Adria said. “So uh… any specific war film?”

[Void if I have any clue, I think there are a few from Yamatai that we could watch, then again there is that new one from Donovanai that just came out as well. Heard that one has a lot of gore and hand to hand combat. Instead of lasers and whatnot.] Ydrin suggested as he decided to scroll through the movies and show her the listings.

“What’s it about?” the blonde butterfly asked, seemingly interested. Adria peered at the listings he was scrolling through as she waited for him to respond.

[It’s something about an entire planet at war. Like this battle for unification or something. From what it says here, it’s 2:30 long. So who knows.] Ydrin answered her before grabbing up a seat and sitting next to her.

Adria’s large butterfly wings occupied the seats next to her, leaving him the option to either sit in front of one of her wings or sit one seat away. “Alright… Yeah… That seems good,” Adria said. “So when exactly would we go?”

Ydrin pointed at the date on the tablet, [Next week.] seeing that it was showing surprisingly sooner than what Ydrin had even expected. He didn’t think it would be released that soon.

“Ah…” Adria said, looking at the tablet. She wasn’t sure what date he would say it was on, but she wasn’t surprised by it- it was neither too soon nor too late. Adria’s red eyes looked around the room, as she asked “So… uh… how does uh… going to a movie... work?”

He didn’t quite know how to respond to that. Never really taking a girl out on a date before he just sort of winged his answer in the hopes that he did something right. [We go and get food then watch the movie together. It’s not too complicated and is mostly for personal enjoyment, though having a friend or more go with you just makes it more fun. Though when you’re on a date, having two people is better, as it’s awkward to have more than one person with you.] His parents always overshadowing him wherever he went with his last girlfriend years ago.

“Is there… anything else to it?” Adria asked, worried she was missing something really important. She might end up showing up to the date and making some embarrassing mistake if she didn’t know what to do.

[I mean, unless you’re going there to make out and do some weird shit, it’s pretty straight forward. I think for us it would be that, we don’t know each other that well for that kinky shot to even be close to an option. Plus, I’m not one for doing that right of the bat anyway.] Ydrin replied, then deciding to show her the definition of what a date was.

“R-right, right,” Adria stuttered, blushing. “Yeah… me neither…” As she read the definition of a date, she knew she had absolutely zero experience with dates whatsoever and would be working off solely what Ydrin had told- or texted- to her.

Ydrin got up and walked over to the fridge again and grabbed a tupperware filled with grilled chicken, with a side of homemade gourmet macaroni and cheese. He placed it down in front of her, [I’ll see you there next weekend then. This is something I made, but I think you would enjoy it more.]

“Okay but… wait… don’t you need this?” she asked, looking at the food. “You said those A-holes keep stealing your lunch and making you go hungry, you need it a lot more than me,” she reminded him. “Also don’t tell my dad I said A-holes…” she muttered under her breath.

[Sorry, did you say something? I couldn’t hear all of your clean language over the sound of me leaving.] Ydrin sent to her as he left the room waving. ‘Going on a date with a princess huh? Wonder how Mr Pine would react to this.’ He thought as he left to walk back to his apartment.

“Well uh… yeah… I did…” Adria responded trying to think of a smart comeback but Ydrin was already leaving so all she could do was wave back with her ultra long tail. She was in some disbelief that she had just gotten asked out on a date, but evidently it happened so it couldn’t be a mere illusion.

===

It was the night of the date, the theater was relatively light, not many were interested in seeing the film as it’s quality was by modern standards ‘old school’. So not many were interested in the black and white film style. Dovanian movie producers had not been given as much technological governmental funding, so were essentially on their own when it came to that.

Ydrin day on the sidewalk outside in jeans and a full color blue tee shirt. His hair was only slightly tame as he waited for Adria to show up for the film. Having already bought tickets for them. He decided to play some games on his tablet as he waited for her to show up.

Adria, fluttering her wings, descended from the air and landed on the sidewalk near him. She was wearing black pants and a blue sweater. Her red-furred tail was the first part of her to touch the ground, piling up on top of itself. Her tail continued stacking up until her feet touched the ground. Adria looked at Ydrin and said “I’m… uh... here now…”

His head raised from his tablet slowly, as his golden eyes gazed upon Adria. With a soft grunt, he stood up and walked over to her and handed her a ticket for entry with the seat number on it. [Great, now, come on.] He sent to her tablet before taking her free hand and leading her into the front of the theatre. His grip was firm, yet he was careful enough not to be rough.

Adria held on to Ydrin’s hand, she went with him to the theater and her tail followed with her. A closer look at her hand revealed it didn’t have fingernails, or at least, it didn’t look like it. With her other hand, she held onto the ticket.

Ydrin gave the clerk his ticket, turning around to take Adria’s and give it to them as well. Turning to the door and entering into the theatre. [Pick our what snacks you want before he go to our movie. I’m paying anyway.”] He sent her stopping in the line for concessions. Pointing at the menu. His body language was less strict and more relaxed, though his face showed one of blan and boredom rather than neutral, as that’s how he was feeling.

Adria entered the theatre, looked at the menu, and felt guilty, interjecting “No, no… I can… I can pay for everything, you already bought the tickets…” She took out her money, intending to pay for them. Adria wasn’t bored, she was nervous, knowing she might screw up given that this was her first date.

[If you say so.] Ydrin sent as he turned to look at the menu, [I think we’ll need a large popcorn, 2 dink’s, and the pretzel bites. You can get the popcorn with or without butter, I don’t mind. If you wanted to grab something else or thought my options were not to your liking, change it. You’re paying anyway.] Having her authority over this situation, even if it’s just over concessions.

“Okay…” Adria said. She bought exactly what Ydrin said, choosing to get the popcorn with butter. She paid for the food and felt somewhat relieved that she had done something to pay Ydrin back for buying the tickets.

He carried the drinks and popcorn for her. Walking over to the theatre that their movie was showing in. [2] was over the walkway as he waited for her. [I can hold everything if you can hold that much.] He offered her, attempting to be nicer than what he normally was.

Adria nervously eyed her sides, not wanting to reveal her strange insect legs. “Uh… No, no I got it, it’s just these,” Adria said, continuing to carry the pretzel bites.

He shrugged entering into the theatre room, walking up the stairs all the way till he reached their seats, [Here’s our seats.] Ydrin sent pointing at the two in the center, after he set the popcorn down and placed the drinks in the holders.

“Alright,” Adria said, going to sit down in her seat- but she ran into a problem. “Mmf…” she mumbled, finding that the armrests were too narrow for her large wings to fit in the seat. She tried several more times to get in the seat, still failing. She got up and glared at the seat, grumbling “Uh…” She tried folding her wings back, but she still failed to sit down because then they were blocked by the back of the chair. As she continued struggling to get herself in the seat, she asked “What kind of a stupid chair design is this?”

Ydrin sat down not caring, he flipped up the armrest, [Just sit on my lap then, or lay down.] Offering Adria his lap. Giving her a chance to sit down without having to mess with the seats too much.

“W-wait what? Are you serious?” Adria asked, surprised that he told her she could sit on his lap or lay down. It seemed like an awkward thing to do when everyone else was sitting in the seats. To some extent Adria was jealous of them. They didn’t have big obstructive wings preventing them from doing things like sitting down in narrow seats or reaching behind themselves, meanwhile she was stuck with them.

[I don’t see an issue. Besides, I’m sure it’s better on my lap than these brick seats anyway. Here.] He took off his hoodie and laid it down on the seats to cushion them. [Now you can lay down, or I could place it on my lap, either way. I don’t much care.]

Adria looked at the seats. “I don’t think I can lay down anyway, the armrests will still get in the way of my wings since they’re poorly designed,” she said, criticizing the seats. She eyed Ydrin’s lap. “I guess I’ll just sit in your lap then…”

Ydrin moved his hoodie and folded it onto his lap, giving her the chance to sit down. He was already sitting there looking at the big screen, though glanced his gazed back to her. [Glad I could help.] He sent her as a small smile broke on his face for a moment before reverting back to his plain straight face.

Adria slowly lowered herself onto Ydrin’s lap, saying “T… Thanks…” She was surprisingly light, she only weighed 75 lbs. She moved her long tail forward and rested it in a bundle on her own lap, but her antennae were very tall at 1 foot each and were certainly right in front of Ydrin’s face if her head wasn’t already. Her wings were also large and wide, making it extremely hard to reach around her to get the food or even have enough room to hold it or move it to his face. “Are you sure you can see the screen alright?” Adria asked, knowing her head was probably in the way.

[I’m just tall enough to see over you, plus it’s quite comfortable for me at least. So I’m dandy. You?] He asked her as he handed her the popcorn. Not caring about the slight inconvenience, seeing it more or less as just something that happens. [Not your fault you have these sexy wings, just means that I’m gunna have to toss some time and money into making you a specialized seat for you to sit in later. Would be a fun project to work on actually.] Though she could not see, an inventor’s grin appeared on his face of the thought.

“Y-you think they’re sexy?” Adria quietly asked, surprised. “No, that can’t be right. They’re butterfly wings, they come from an insect. And they’re too…” She shuddered at the thought. “They’re too cutesy and colorful.”

Ydrin paused for a moment, [Some guys just dig some things unique girls like you have.] Sending the most honest response he could.

“That doesn’t make them sexy, though. I don’t think they’re sexy,” Adria grumbled.

His hands grabbed hers, [You just need to accept that you are this cat-person-bug. I doubt you’re going to change it, so why hate it? I dig it anyway if you ask me. I think lots are missing out by not going out with you.] He sent her before the movie started and the lights in the cinema dimmed down to darkness. The introduction to the war film starting.

Adria was going to respond, but figured she’d better not since the movie was starting. Adria watched the screen, already curious as to where it was going.

Starting with the sound of roaring artillery bombarding an entrenched line, the soldiers charged over a open terrain of mud, mines, and barbed wire. Rain poured down in the middle of the night. Flashes from the muzzles of machine guns lit up the path, as they started opening fire on the soldier’s running to their line, mowing down dozens. Though it was already too late for them, the men ad already reached their trench, impaling them with their bayonets and entangling them into a bloody melee. Longswords clashed against sabers, as the soldiers slaughtered each other in a disease ridden trench.

Ydrin slowly reached into his hoodie and pulled out a small plastic zip-up bag containing cat treats. Debating whether or not it would be insulting to hand them to her or not. Ydrin decided he wasn’t going to lose anything if she did. Tapping Adria on her thigh, he offered her the bag.

Adria looked down to her thigh and saw the bag get passed below her wing. “What’s that?” she quietly asked. She wasn’t able to clearly make out what was in the bag because it was dark in the theater.

Ydrin didn’t want to get kicked out by sending her a response, so he opened the bag and handed her a cat treat. It was difficult due to her wings, but he handed her the open bag as well as a cat treat. He bought the ones that were more like cookies rather than soft greasy balls.

It was near-impossible to reach up to her past her wing, but she immediately started sniffing. “W-what’s…” she quietly asked again. When she saw the treat she covered her face with her hands and said “N-no…”

He shrugged and took the bag and treat and tossed it into the other seat, looking back at the screen, watching the characters on the screen screaming at each other in a very thick accent. Comedic as they kept slipping around in the mud as the artillery bombardment shook the earth beneath and above them. Instead Ydrin reached and grabbed some popcorn and quietly ate them.

Adria tried to watch the movie, but she kept glancing at the bag. She tried to stop herself from looking at it, but she kept getting distracted by its presence.

Ydrin noticed this and grabbed the bag again and handed it to her, ‘Jesus girl just take the fucking cookies.’ He thought as he tossed it into her lap.

Adria slowly and quietly took a treat from the bag and ate it, trying to pretend she didn’t. Her tail twitched on her lap, it wrapped itself around the bag as she continued watching the movie.

The battle scene had ended, as it then transitioned into a room full of military officers bickering at each other, sometimes changing languages in frustration out of the other. Mainly debating on how the other cannot lead their men correctly. Nobles who enter after covering their face in disappointment for their military commanders.

Ydrin realized his hands were still on her lap at this point, however decided just to leave them there. Wanting to cause a bit of a scare, he squeezed her thighs slightly. Realizing that while they were small, they were in fact soft. ‘Huh, who would have thought she’d be soft.’

“Ydrin…” Adria grumbled, unamused, “What are you doing…” She sounded annoyed, she apparently didn’t appreciate him squeezing her relatively skinny thighs.

He took his hand off and crossed them, ‘Damn, okay. I’ll leave you be then.’ He thought continuing to watch the film. ‘Maybe she ain’t interested in boys, who knows.’ ran through his mind as he saw the open bag of treats in her lap, ‘Well at least this wasn’t a TOTAL waste.’

Adria ate another treat from the bag in her lap without even looking. It almost looked like she didn’t realize, but she seemed to be enjoying them.

“Enjoying the movie?” A very quiet voice came from Ydrin. As he was amused by her just eating treats normally. Him too was focused on the movie. Though after speaking his throat felt like it was ripped and in immense pain.

“Ye- wait… what?” Adria asked, shocked. She tried to look back at Ydrin to confirm he just said that, but her wing was in the way. “Did you just… talk? I thought you were mute…”

A very uncomfortable and silent groan came from him as he reached for the soda and started downing it. Ydrin pulled out a sticky note that he wrote a message on a long time ago and showed her what it wrote, [Damaged Vocal Cords, cannot talk much]

“O-oh…” Adria whispered. She soon silently finished the bag of cat treats. Her tail unwrapped itself from around the bag and gently flicked in her lap.

He sighed as he finished, diverting his attention back to the movie, trying to focus on enjoying this date rather than hurting himself. His arms remained crossed as he didn’t want to touch Adria and piss her off again.

As they watched the movie, Adria’s soft long cat tail moved from her lap to around her side, under her wing, and part of it rested on Ydrin’s arms. It was so long that the rest of it curled back around Adria’s other side and layed on her lap, basically wrapping around herself.

Ydrin didn’t much mind, the tail was soft and not scratchy. He actually thought it was better for her to be comfortable rather than uptight. Though he was paying more attention on the movie.

The movie moved to another outside scene, where more combat took place in rolling hills. The seemingly underequipped defenders on the hills were winning the battle in an iconic underdog moment. Cheers and yells from the men as they came charging down the hill in a last ditch effort.

Adria watched the movie intently, intrigued by the scene. As she watched, her tail squirmed slightly on Ydrin’s arms.

Interested to see what would happen, Ydrin slowly pet the tail that was rested in his arms, seeing it as an idle task to perform while watching the movie. Although cautious at first, he thought, ‘Eh, why the hell not.’ and decided to go and do it anyway.

Adria let out a soft, quiet purr, her tail wriggled in a little, but not in a way that seems frightened or irritated.

‘Huh, must be fine.’ Ydrin thought as he continued to let her tail softly and carefully. His rough mechanic hands stroking its way along the small section that overlapped his arms. Assuming that there was nothing wrong, he didn’t stop. A small smile appeared on his face as he started to enjoy himself. Though it was difficult to watch the movie, having someone to be with brought him nostalgia of his team before arriving at Section 6.

Adria’s face assumed a slight smile, but unfortunately Ydrin couldn’t see it past her red wings and her blonde hair. Her red cat tail relaxed, coming to rest there as Ydrin stroked it.

The movie came to a close, the final battle scene ending in a victory that was heavy in lose. Ydrin looked down at the empty bucket of popcorn, only having the trash and a few kernels at the bottom of the bucket. He continued to to put her tail as the credits scrolled down the screen, the lights dimly turning on.

As the lights turned back on, Ydrin could see red fur from her tail had gotten on his hand from petting it. Adria rubbed her eyes and squinted, looking around the theater. “I… guess it’s over… huh…” Adria said, sounding like she had enjoyed it. When she was tilting her head around to look at the theater getting brighter again, she accidentally made her curled antennae bop into Ydrin a few times. It wasn’t painful because they were thin and just got pushed, but they could be felt lightly touching his face when they accidentally tapped it..

[Glad you had fun. Now, looks like you’re gunna want me to get out of your hair now huh?] He asked her showing his hand with her fur on it as a joke. Giving a silent chuckle as he looked down to the rest of her tail, ‘Too must to have at once huh?’

“Oh-” Adria’s eyes widened as she realized she got fur all over his hand. She blushed from embarrassment, facepalming and saying “O-oh uh… sorry… I forget that it has fur sometimes…”

Ydrin grew an amused look on his face, [Woman, you need to relax okay. You did nothing wrong.] He sent her as he wiped her fur off on his hoodie, leaving behind the red fur, though he didn’t mind. [It’s not like I’m allergic to you. Stop being such a worrier and relax okay.] He then reached up and petted her on her head.

Adria purred when she was petted, saying “I’m… I’m not worried, but your hands are all covered in fur now.”

Shaking his head, he looked down to Adria with an amused smirk. Not seeing her worry as something that would be problematic, [Like that’s goings to do anything to me.]

“Right, right…” Adria said, getting up off of Ydrin’s lap to stand in front of him. The tail in question flicked around on the floor. Her mind quickly tried to come up with something to talk about, and when she thought of something she asked “So… The movie… What did you think of it?”

[Bit old school, they’re accents were thick as hell though, kinda difficult to understand some of the words. But hey, lots of dead mother fuckers. So I’m a happy guy.] Ydrin answered, ‘Though there could have been at least a mech…’ the thought swimmed in the back of his mind, [So… what do you wanna do now? Go grab something to snack or go for a walk?] He asked trying to think up some things as he looked down at his hand still having some of her hair on it.

“Yeah, a mech would’ve been awesome,” Adria said, thinking of what that would’ve looked like in the movie. “A walk sounds good to me,” the butterfly girl replied, watching her tail swish on the ground.

Ydrin gave a slight nod, collecting their trash then making his way down the steps of the theatre room. [Then let’s get a move on.]

“I’m coming,” Adria said, waddling down the steps. “Where should we walk to?” she asked him once she reached the bottom.

Ydrin pauses for a moment, [Wherever makes you happy.] He sent her glancing back with his neutral stare. Not willing to show his thoughts. [Ice cream, whatever.] He remembered earlier, [ Or I could take you back to my place and cook up some something. Popcorn ain’t what my da-... I would call dinner.]

“Anywhere’s good with me,” Adria said, before catching on to the incomplete word in the message he sent. “Your da-, hmm?” she looked up and asked him.

Shaking his head, he knew he made a mistake sending that message as is when he did. [Nothing, let’s just get going.] Stating to Adria as he reached down and took her hand to lead her on their walk over to his apartment. First having to pass through the park.

Adria held his hand and followed him through the park. She was still curious about his cut off message, but she wasn’t sure if she should ask about it again since it seemed like he didn’t want to talk about it. Adria fluttered her large red wings, pondering if she should ignore it.

He suddenly stopped in the middle of the pathway, the evening lamplight subtly illuminated the park. The overcasted shadows hid Ydrin’s face as he turned to face Adria. [You know, for someone who’s pretty cool, you also have a bit of a soft side.] Looking down at her, his calm demeanor and expression looked her up and down. Ydrin was curious about her, though wanted to keep his distance out of a tense feeling he had, [I’m surprised we aren’t being followed by at least 20 SABER units or something. You are a princess.]

The short princess looked up at Ydrin, then looked around, trying to object “I… I don’t have a soft side.” She considered his statement about the SABER units, replying “I’m not a princess. Well… I’m technically a princess, I guess, but as far as I’m concerned I’m not that kind of princess. I don’t… I don’t think it’s actually royal royalty, it’s just that I happen to be the daughter of a lord, or, just one of his daughters at that. It’s not like I have special princess powers. I don’t have mescorts follow me around, and besides… I certainly don’t need SABER bodyguards.”

Ydrin looked away for a moment to the sky, taking a deep breath as he smelled the cool air of the night. He looked back to Adria and asked her, [I never said you were soft, though your tail, thighs, and hands say otherwise. I’m just a bit… I guess thankful to have found a… girl who cares. Someone who cares.] He gave her a second to read through it before leaning forward and whispering, using his quiet and softest voice,“Th-Thanks…” then leans further and kisses her on the lips.

“Oh… literally soft… I thought you meant-” Before she could continue, she found Ydrin was kissing her on the lips. Adria blushed a very red blush, and the fur on her long tail instantly poofed up making her tail look bigger and much more fluffy. Adria accepted the kiss, attempting to stand a little taller to reach him better.

He soon stepped closer to Adria, his scarred and damaged hand coming up to her cheek as he held the kiss with her. The other held her hand as it was, his grip remaining the same as it was, prior to him kissing her.

Adria looked into Ydrin’s eyes, choosing not to stare at his scarred hand. Adria’s long and now fluffy tail went around Ydrin’s back and held him, like a hug.

After a long moment of their embrace, he pulled back for a breath, then went back, kissing those soft lips Adria possessed. His hand moved up and began to caress her hair. While the other remain where it was, ‘I don’t know what I’m doing, but it seems to be workin’.’ Her tail was a surprise, but Ydrin did not mind it. Instead feeling relieved that he didn’t do anything too stupid.

The kiss was unexpected to Adria, but not unwelcome. The insectoid girl watched his hand move against her hair, and her tail responded by gently caressing his back.

Ydrin slowly pulled back, he snickered, laughing a bit. [I can taste the cat treats.] He sent to her as he smiled. [Will say, you’re the first girl I’ve kissed and meant it. Plus your hot, and not a psycho too.] Pausing from petting her, he started fixing his hoodie when a pair of black rimmed glasses almost fell out. He managed to catch them and place them back into his pocket before resuming.

“The cat- oh…” Adria murmured, recalling that she had given in and eaten the cookie-like treats in the theater. Her face was still red from a blush as she asked, “H-Hot?!” sounding surprised but not offended. Her face would’ve gotten rosier, except her blush probably couldn’t get any redder.

Glancing around them, Ydrin noticed that it had already gotten dark while they were standing there. [How else am I gunna describe yah Adria?] He asked her mostly as a rhetorical question. [We should get to my place soon, I’ll make some food. Then maybe we can have some fun without any peepin time.] He followed up with a mischievous grin.

“Fun?” Adria asked, somewhat suspiciously, raising an eyebrow.

He shook his head, [That would ruin the surprise then.] Ydrin told her as he turned to continue walking, looking down and remembering that her tail was around him. [I see I haven’t done anything stupid yet. Good to know.]

Adria was confused, but she decided to just let the surprise be a surprise. “Guess not,” she responded to him, smirking. “Of course… I get the feeling you’re about to,” she said jokingly.

Continuing on as they were, Ydrin lead Adria to his small apartment. Opening the door to a small and mostly empty room. On the counter, there were many food items and stuffs, [Aye, we’re cooking together!] surprised?].

Adria stared at the counter and nodded, not having expected Ydrin’s idea. “I haven’t really cooked before…” Adria remarked, not sure of how whatever they were going to make was going to turn out.

[We’ll just throw some shit in and have fun. Unless you had something else in mind?] He said raising an eyebrow, showing a grin. [Maybe something a little more, off the books?] Ydrin turned to Adria with a glint in his eyes of mischief. Revealing his ‘bad boy’ side to her, something that he’s been keeping to himself as best as he could after he arrived in the NDC.

“Uhhh… nope, I have no idea what to put in it,” Adria replied. She followed up by asking “What kind of things are off the books?”

Ydrin walked over to a cabinet in the kitchen and opening it up, pushing aside some plates, he pulled out a small wooden chest. [These are all off the recipes that I have to make stuff. What I meant by off the book is try to make something without recipes.] Setting the chest down on the counter he opened it and showed the organized crammed postcards all stuffed in and organized in a long row.

“I guess we could, but I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to make something good without a recipe,” Adria said. “So uh… what should we do if I have next to no experience cooking?”

He points her to the sink and then to a black apron with a golden monogram saying, ‘Too Hot for the Kitchen’. Ydrin then stepped to the sink and began to wash his hands. [I’m in the mood for some dessert, how about you and I make something like that. Whatcha wanna bake? I’ll help teach ya.]

Adria waddled over to the sink and washed her hands. The counters and the sink were a little tall for her, as she was only 4’9, but she was still able to reach them. She read the words on the apron, asking “Too hot for the… what’s that mean?” before replying “Uh… I guess… pie?”

Ydrin shook his head amused, [Too hot, means to attractive. Alright, grab the sugar and flour, I’ll grab the rest.] He said going into the fridge to grab some pumpkin stuffs and other ingredients for the recipe he had in mind. [Lets see if we can do this, and not blow up the house.]

As the flat butterfly princess put on the apron, she asked “Too attractive?” She looked around, assuming it wasn’t referring to her, and quickly turned it into an attempt at a compliment. “So… you?” She grabbed the sugar and flour from the counter, holding the sugar in one hand and the flour in the other.

[Only to the person wearing the apron, so you. Set it down on the counter.] He then set down the ingredients and the cooking supplies. [Want me to start, or do you got this?] Ydrin asked her, knowing the answer already. However wanted to be an asshole anyway.

At her height, Adria didn’t have to set the ingredients down because they were already low enough, so she just slid them on to the counter. She blushed, looking at the apron again, muttering “Yeah right…” When she heard her datapad announce Ydrin’s question (As she had set it to read his messages aloud since she was going to need her hands) she asked sarcastically “What do you think?”

[Aigh’ I’ll start bakin’ just hand me the utensils when I need them and I’ll teach ya how to make a bomb ass pumpkin pie.] He said reaching for the measuring cup and starting to take some flour.

“Alright,” Adria responded, standing at her short height. Her blonde head just barely reached above the countertop, so she didn’t have the best view. Her antennae towered one foot above her head, but they didn’t help her see what Ydrin was doing.

After adding some ingredients to the flour, he grabbed a new bowl, [Alright, now you need 3 eggs and a whisk. Grab those.] He told her as he he set aside the other one for use later. He then looked down to her, [While you do that, I’ll grab a step stool.” He said going off to go grab one.

Adria took a step towards the whisk and the eggs before she heard the holotab mention a stool. But… but… she was tall, she didn’t have to embarrass herself with a stepstool! “What? No, I don’t need one,” she told Ydrin defensively.

A minute later, he brought it and set it down, [And I’m the Empress of Yamatai. Thanks.] Ydrin then grabbed the items from her and cracked the eggs. After he threw the shells away he handed her the whisk, guiding her from behind her, [Now use your wrist and stir.]

Adria avoided using the stool, pushing it to the side with her leg. “And I’m Adria Pine, I don’t need it.” She whisked the eggs, having to reach up to stir them in the bowl.

[Aigh, I see. Keep that up then pour it into the larger bowl.] Ydrin further instructed her, going to the other side of the kitchen and starting to preheat the oven.

“For how long?” Adria asked, still reaching over the bowl with the whisk. The stool would certainly help, but she refused to use it.

[Until it’s nice and yolky, after you pour it into the bowl then mix it till it’s nice and mixed.] Shouting as he ran over to grab the oven mitts.

Adria stirred it for a little longer until it was practically liquid. She moved the bowl over though pouring it into the bigger bowl from her lower position looked very precarious.

“Stir.” Ydrin whispered to Adria, pointing at the larger bowl. Then pointing at the stool, “Use.” He added quietly after. Knowing that she would spill something if she didn’t.

“I told you, I don't need it,” Adria said, now standing on her tiptoes and luckily managing to pour the eggs into the larger bowl without spilling them. She began stirring, still determined to do it without the stool.

Ydrin rolled his eyes, [Fine, just pour that into the pan and evenly spread it out when you’re done. After, add this mixture I made.] He slid over the red bowl over to to her as he leaned against the counter. [Having fun?] He asked smirking.

“Yeah,” Adria replied, tipping the first bowl so that it poured into the pan, then spreading it out. She hopped to look and make sure it was evenly spread, before adding the contents of the red bowl to the pan.

Ydrin pointed at the oven mitts and then the oven, as to indicate what to do next, [Now pop it in the oven for 45 minutes. Timer is on the microwave above the oven.] He told her, knowing she needed to use the stood to get up there, as it was 3 feet above her.

Adria put the mitts on her clawed hands and moved the pan into the oven. She closed the door then looked up, freezing for a second as she realized the problem. It was so high up… She wasn't going to risk jumping to reach it, so she brought the stool over. “Just so you know I don't need this, I'm just choosing to use it,” she said as she stepped up and set the timer, having been defeated by the microwave’s height.

[Sure, whatever you say princess.] Ydrin sent, as he went to go sit down in the dining room, laying his head on the table, collapsing from exhaustion. “Tired.” he whispered under his breath. His slow breathing and bags under his eyes complemented the stress he was under.

“Technically… technically princess…” Adria said as she stepped down. She went to the dining room to sit down with him, seeing as the timer would take a while to reach 0.

[Technical, Smeckital. I’m too tired right now to-] He cut off as he passed out on the table, lightly snoring as his tablet slipped out of his hands and onto the floor. Buzzing as a notification appeared.

Adria glanced at the tablet, going to pick it up. She retrieved it and glanced at the notification before setting it on the table.

[Data Gathering on ‘Adria Pine’ 50% Complete: [Open File] [Close Notification]] Two buttons for a response were at the bottom of the screen as there was a system that has been building a data file on Adria through Ydrin’s Geist.

Adria stared at the tablet, weirded out. She picked it back up again and attempted to view the file it had been creating.

[Adria Pine: Small Hybrid woman, cute, narcissistic, headstrong, soft, strong, abrasive, ‘dateable material?’, short, gorgeous butterfly wings, long red tail. To be edited.]

Adria blushed and quickly put the tablet on the table again. She wanted to object to the data file, except Ydrin was sleeping, and even if he weren't, that would immediately give away the fact that she checked his tablet. She sat back down in her seat and looked at her large red wings, then she grabbed her tail and felt the soft red fur covering it. In her mind, she disagreed with file listing small, cute, and short. Clearly that must've been an error, that was totally wrong. If she knew how to she probably would've edited those out of the file manually, though that'd look suspicious.

Ydrin suddenly shot up, [I’m Awake!] looked at his tablet and saw the time had only gone by a few minutes. He sighed in relief, then saw Adria and turned away embarrassed.

Adria wasn't sure if Ydrin realized she had seen the file yet, though judging by his reaction it seemed possible. She first attempted to play dumb on the chance that perhaps he was embarrassed about something else. “What's wrong?” she asked, hoping maybe there was an entirely different reason for his reaction.

[Can’t believe I passed out and forgot where my tablet was.] He then snatched his tablet and threw it on the couch. Ydrin then looked to Adria, [You read it?] Asking to see if his tablet was accessed by her while he was out.

“I…” Adria considered lying but knew he might be able to tell who accessed it anyway. “Yeaaah…” she admitted, unsure who was even supposed to feel guilty here. “Pretty sure your… information… algorithm… has some errors, though.”

[My information is directly from me… plus I just asked because I thought you didn’t. Huh, guess I’m wrong.] He turned back to the tablet, [So what was so wrong?]

Adria's eyes widened as she realized he wouldn't have even known. “Well… it said I'm… short and cute… which is.. wrong…” the small bug girl replied somewhat nervously.

[Well I think you’re those things. Is that wrong?] Raising his eyebrow and smirking as he saw her getting flustered. Leaning forward, [Inform me.]

“Uhh… yeah… that's… that's wrong,” Adria said, scratching her head. “It should say tall and not cute.” The lean pressured her, now she felt like she was being interrogated.

Looking over to her, he slowly sat back down normally, [Well that’s how I see you, an I think that my vision is pretty accurate.] He said as he placed on his glasses. [Maybe you just don’t like compliments that are honest.]

Adria huffed, saying “I don't think it is, unless you're mistaking me for my sister.” She sighed, glancing at her short legs. “Those aren't compliments.”

Ydrin shook his head amused, [Your sister has nothing to do with this.] Reaching over and letting her head for a moment then getting up and jumping onto the couch, releasing a long sigh.

Adria purred, looking at the timer. “So it must not be accurate then,” Adria said.

[It means everything I put down is accurate.] He corrected her, covering his eyes.

“Uhh, no, it means everything you put down is inaccurate,” she retorted. Adria felt around her cat-fanged face, feeling his hands covering her red eyes.

Ydrin chuckled, [Too stubborn to take a compliment. What a girl. Must be famous with all the guys huh?] asking sarcastically, though due to it being digital, the sarcasm didn’t send.

“They're not compliments,” Adria said again before rhetorically asking “What guys? They're all taken.” She held Ydrin’s hands as they covered her eyes. “Why were you making that file anyway…”

He remained silent, not wishing to answer the question she gave to him, instead looking at her with a stern and calm state. Looking down at his hand to see she had taken it, he glanced back up with a slightly inquisitive look.

“Well? What was the file for?” Adria asked again, unsure how she should feel about it. It seemed a little creepy to her, though the file mostly told her things she had already known about herself.

[Just something I set up for everyone. Just in case I die and they wanted to know how I viewed them. Eh, there’s ones for everyone I know.] He pointed at the tablet, [Read through if ya want.]

Adria picked up the tablet and scrolled through the list of names, looking for any she recognized. She didn't expect to see that many, though she thought her dad’s name would probably be on there.

Jack Pine did appear on the list, it was all in alphabetical order. This made it easy for Ydrin to find where who was. [Jack Pine: Scary powerful asshole who can kill me, threat, nice, prick, pimp, and a father of many, possibly a good one.]

Ydrin shook his head and looked over to Adria, [Ya know, I’m sorry for draggin’ ya here. Just go home, I ain’t worth your time.] The tired look on his face after seeing her select Jack Pine made him realize that it was going to be far more trouble than it was worth to have a relationship with someone who was apart of the Pine household. [So… you can go home. I’ll send you the cake later. After that, you should probably stay away from me. Your father would kill me if I pressed this any further anyway.]

“...What? Ydrin, what are you talking about?” Adria asked, stunned.

Ydrin grabs the pistol on his hip, [Go. I’m not going to ask again.] He sternly sent to her as he glared up from the couch.

“Why? W-what are you doing?!” Adria asked, worried and confused. “Please snap out of it…”

Looking at the reflection of himself in the mirror, he saw himself being the same guy from Crimson. Cold, that same ‘bad boy’ that he was raised and encouraged to be. Setting the gun down he turned away, “Yikes…” [Better for a girl I like to hate me then to learn of my past. Guess I am a lost cause at the end of the day… that’s what I thought was best anyway.] His glare strayed away from Adria and down to the floor.

“What makes your past so bad?” Adria asked, stepping closer to Ydrin.

Continuing to look down at the floor, he decided to answer her, [I… I robbed dozens of banks. Basically stole money from people. Killed anyone that got in my way, some of them being kids or moms, yah know. I had to do what I had to do to stay alive, to get the money. I don’t feel bad for it… I don’t know.] Glancing at her for a response, [Gun’s empty by the way, you can do what you want with it.]

The short princess walked over to the gun, removing the magazine to observe the lack of bullets inside. “And what’s the problem with me finding out about that?” she asked.

[To be honest, most of ‘em regret talkin’ to me. Hell, some of em just sleep with me then ditch. Those who try to become somthin’ like friends or whatnot. They find out who I really am and… well you know how the others treat me. Same shit different face.] Ydrin explained as he looked at the pistol she just unloaded, reaching into his pocket to pull out a single bullet, [Guess I’m not using this anymore.] He then set it down onto the coffee table.

“Well not me,” Adria began, taking Ydrin’s hand. She looked at the bullet he placed on the table, asking “What were you going to do with it?”

Ydrin slowly shook his head, leaning back on the couch, j[Jst thinking on shooting some asshole in the head.] Glancing up to her and then gesturing to himself to indicate who he meant. [However… that’s not the plan anymore. *Sigh* Some people are very convincing.] he tapped her on the nose a few times saying that.

Adria’s antennae bobbled when she was tapped, she suddenly squinted and sneezed like a kitten. Adria covered her mouth, hoping Ydrin hadn’t noticed.

Silently, Ydrin got up. He glanced down at the unloaded pistol for just a moment, [Again, sorry, though I am fuckin scared of how your pops would react to you even talkin to me anyway. Workin for Crimson ain’t really the best rep here. Neither is being Ex-Sky Guard or OSO supporters.] Ydrin ribbed his neck, not knowing what else to add on, as the conversation died down and there was nothing he thought would interest her.

“You’re not in Crimson anymore, though,” Adria reminded him. “I don’t think he’d freak out like you say he would.” She thought for a moment before adding on “Of course… who said I have to tell him about you? If you really think he’d be that mad, I don’t have to tell him for now. Not that I’d let him do anything to you anyway. He’s not my owner, not like… those other people…” Adria shuddered at the thought, she certainly didn’t want her dad to try to control her like they did.

Ydrin looked back at the tablet, [More like what files I have on people I know that I haven’t shared. People in Crimson to be specific. I’m what many call ‘withholding info’.] He sat back down and sighed looking at her, [Too stressed for this shit, I need to lose some before I go fuckin insane.]

Adria tried to sit down next to him before realizing she had to move over a step since her wings were too big. She sat down on the couch at arms length away, saying “You need to relax… I doubt they’re going to outright interrogate you. I’m not going to let that happen. Besides, like I said, I don’t have to say anything about you yet, so just… calm down.”

[Fine.] He sent, looking back at her with a neutral gaze. Ydrin leaned towards her face with the same intent as when they were at the park.

The large-winged girl noticed, shifting over and leaning in. She leaned in for another kiss like the one at the park, closing her eyes.

Slowly, he reached his hand over to her lower back, attempting to get a better hold, though in the process grazing her wing slightly. He too closed his eyes as their lips embraced into a kiss.

Adria kissed Ydrin, but a very small amount of a strange colorful dust got on his arm. It was hard to see because there was very little of it, but it seemed to be mostly red and black, and only on the arm that had just touched her wing.

[I’m gunna go on a wild guess and say you find interest in me huh?] Ydrin sent after pulling back for a second, only centimeters from her face. Looking as if he were going to kiss her again.

“Yeah… I do…” the short feline girl said, ready for him to continue the kiss. Her tail was so long that it began behind her, layed on the couch parallel to her leg, dangled off the front of the cushion, and still piled on the floor. It was longer than she was tall.

Diving in, he kissed her again, pulling her onto him as he laid down.

The flat-chested girl squeaked as she was pulled onto him, she was very easy to move because she was so light, but her large wings limited where she could be held. Her tail was still touching the spot on the floor where the end had been laying.

[Timer says we have 20 minutes, lot of things we can do before that pie gets done.] Giving a hint as what he was talking about when he reached down and touched her hips. Her light body made it easy for him to maintain his current composure; without the encumbrance of weight.

Adria blushed when he touched her hips, which weren’t particularly impressive. “O-oh? Like what?” she asked.

Ydrin tapped her hips, [We are in a position that is very, questionable, wouldn’t you agree. How about we just, make it obvious.] Suddenly he slowly started to glide his fingers up her sides and back down. [It would appear to me that there’s something that you don’t want to say, but want to do huh.]

Her sides felt very off- there was something under them, it felt like there was something hard by her sides, in fact, they even twitched a bit. “I’m… not sure what you’re… talking about…” she said. She gently took Ydrin’s hands and moved them away from her sides, not wanting him to notice.

[Afraid I would discover your little arms?] He said sliding them back onto them. [What’s wrong? Feels… weird?] sending as he wore a smug look.

Adria immediately turned pale when he mentioned her arms, nervously saying “What. Arms.” The bug arms she was hiding under her shirt shook, though they were folded up and held tightly against her sides they seemed to be big enough to run alongside most of her torso.

Ydrin shifted a bit as he slid his hands under her shirt to greet these small arms. [Sometimes, even if you don’t say anything, it can still be found. So, hows about you tell me why you’re here.

Her insect arms were hard and chitinous, they didn’t seem to have proper hands, or even basic crab-like claws for that matter. “There… is nothing there…” Adria coldly said, attempting to dismiss them even though Ydrin already noticed them.

Chuckling, Ydrin didn’t bother attempting a ‘verbal response’. Instead closing in and kissing her again, holding her sides where her smaller arms were.

The bug arms moved and felt around for Ydrin’s hands under the her shirt. The feet on them eventually found Ydrin’s hands and clung to them the same way they would cling to a wall to climb it. It was a different kind of hold from an ordinary hand hold, the microscopic hairs on the feet of the bug arms could be felt clinging to his hands rather than grasping them per se. Adria stopped talking and kissed Ydrin, her long tail snaking around to rub the top of his head.

Sensationally, it was weird, however it didn’t bother Ydrin; Being use to ‘weird feelings’, her small insectoid like arms didn’t faze him in the slightest. Knowing that she clung to him in such a way, he felt confident in his chances to add another notch on his belt later were high. Ydrin relaxed back and let his head touch the couch, pulling her in deeper into the kiss as he could now taste the treats that she was given earlier; which he also didn’t care about. He then began to use his tongue to begin exploring her’s, to closer embrace with her; utilizing the skills that he picked up on how to please a woman throughout the time he’s been old enough to pull it off. Ydrin, holding her sides the way he did, tightened his hold, as to send the message to her that he wanted her as well. This reflected on his further motion of allowing her to be on top. This showed that he cared about what she needed.

Adria’s teeth felt sharp and more cat-like in structure. She wrapped her normal arms around his shoulders and pulled him closer, fluttering her large wings.

As their moment became more intimate, the loud beeping from the clock on the microwave went off. Indicating that the pie was done, spooking the hell out of Ydrin in the process.

Ydrin jumped and hit his tongue on her teeth, cutting it, as he pulled back and attempted to pull his hands free to grab his mouth. Which slowly started to bleed a little as his tongue was sliced.

Adria’s bug feet quickly let go of his hands, she pulled her arms away and worriedly asked “W-what happened?” staring at his mouth.

Quicky, Ydrin set her down and ran off into the kitchen to grab a mitten. Pulling the pie out and turning off the microwave and oven, before rushing over to the cabinet and searching for the medical kit. [Fine, just got scared and cut myself.]

“How?” Adria asked, unaware it was her sharp teeth. Adria rushed over to him, helping him find the first aid kit. As she stood next to him, the top of her head only reached his shoulders because of her height, but her antennae towered higher. Technically, the tops of them were just barely higher than his head.

Ydrin had taken the first aid kit and took it over to the mirror and drank the vile of medical nanobots. [Sharp teeth you got, might have to keep that in mind later.] He explained to her, [Not your fault, just me getting spooked. Don’t get distressed or anything, I’ll be fine.]

“Dangit…” Adria hissed, believing it was her fault even though Ydrin said it wasn’t. “I-I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have… I… it was my fault,” Adria said, not able to come up with a good reason.

[Just shut up. Not your fault they’re there. Not your fault I got nicked.] Ydrin then exhaled silently as his tongue was healed by the nanobots quickly, subduing the pain drastically from what it previously was. Once it was gone he turned around, [so how about we get some pie ready huh?]

“Heh… I guess not…” the butterfly girl sighed. “Yeah… you’re right… let’s get the pie.” She smiled at Ydrin and gently coiled her tail around his waist, reaching around to place a hand and a bug foot on his other side.

[Alright, I’ll grab the whip cream then.] He sent leading the way back to the kitchen, reaching his arm around and resting it on her shoulder.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back