• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Forum Game The Rate A Song Game

In this thread, we do exactly what it says on the tin.

Specifically, someone posts a song and the next poster rates it out of 100, 5, 10, 10000, and so on then posts a song of their own. The next person who posts then rates that song, comments on it, puts down their own song and the cycle repeats. It's a common thing on a number of forums and it's a fun way to get an idea of one another's musical preferences. Make sure you tell'em what you liked, disliked, thought was interesting or otherwise felt was worth commenting on for whatever they posted and play nice.

For an example of how the game goes:

Poster 1 -

(SONG HERE)

POSTER 2 -

80/100 - Blah blah blah yadda yadda it made me begin convulsing uncontrollably and speaking in tongues, but there is no bass guitar wtf mang.

(SONG HERE)

Poster 3 -

50/100 - *something something something there's like three good riffs here and they all happen at the beginning something something something*

(SONG HERE)

And so on on and so forth.

Anyhoo, I'll start of course with one of my favourites from this year.

Last edited:
Better? I apologize for forgetting to add the rest. ^^;

Yeah that's fine, thanks for correcting. Anyhoo-

53/100 - I don't really dislike glam as much as I used to. GNR are an example of a band that knows how to infectious, immediately ear-catching tunes and that's all fine and dandy but I've always felt that they and their compatriots never came off as super substantial underneath that. They're in a kind of awkward position a lot of the hard rock they were partially borne from was as well as the metal that was trying to shed its influence. They have a lot of semi-metallic riffing but they never really invest in the more arcane or aggressive qualities and it's mostly music that builds up to fun choruses, albeit choruses that can't quite carry a song in its entirety and don't really have the stronger rhythmic backing you need to really sell the sense of raw power. Still, not bad by any means, just somewhat unsatisfying.

Here's a post punk number that's been stuck in my head since it dropped in the summer.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back