• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP The Soldier and The Warrior Princess

Jack Pine

RP Date
YE40, 5 months ago
RP Location
Section 6 HQ---->S6 residential---->Badlands: Drop Bear Arena
Zeke walked through the halls of the Section 6 as he looked for the fleet department. They were situated all the way back in the corner of the building, so it was a bit of a walk, but one that was only trivial given why he was even heading there.

Popping into the workshop as various personnel in jumpsuits and lab coats walked about, pads in hand, and holos of various new ship designs around room. It didn't take him long to find the tall beauty he was looking for.

"Hey beautiful, was wondering if you had some free time soon?", Zeke said as he offered a rose.

Sindy was sitting down at her desk writing down equations on aheets of paper using her pencil. She was engrossed in her work and didn’t even notic Zeke as he entered into the room. She Next to her was multipl empty glass bottles of whiskey. Only 1 of them she drank that day. The others being from the days before. Sindy just never got around to clearing the cluttered organized chaos that was her office.

Zeke out a fresh bottle of his own brewing on the desk, laying the rose on the side of the desk, "Hey, earth to Sindy. Have you even eaten today?" He said lightly tapping her on the shoulder.

She looked up to him with that look of ‘I’m tired’, “Oh, hey Zeke. What brings you here...” She then yawned then stretched out sitting up right almost at Zeke’s eye level.

"Do I need another reason other then just to see you? When was the last time you slept?", he asked concerned as he knew of what a lack of sleep could do to you.

Sindy looked over at the time and asked him, “What day is it?” thinking of how long she’s been awake.

"Thursday, the 9th ", he answered checking the clock on his HUD, "Maybe you should take a break and go sleep. You're going to run yourself into the ground at this rate."

”Damn, that’s 8 days and 23 hours... I need sleep.“ Sindy said surprised then looking down at her legs, “Maybe I’m a bit too tired...” As she could barely move.

Zeke offered her his hand, "Come on, I'll help you get home."

Sindy took his hand, “Now I can’t move Zeke, you’re going to have to carry me or grab my wheelchair.” she informed him tired.

"I'm not going to make you ride in that thing, not after having the surgery. There's no need for it anymore.", he said as he slipped one arm under her's and around her back. The other slipping under her legs. It took him a moment, but he lifted her into a bridal carry, much stronger then he appeared.

“My night in *Yawn* shining armor...” she said sleepy as she began to doze off.

Zeke began to carry her out of the department and down the halls, the walk seeming so much longer now. He muscled through it, not faltering, or dipping. After getting outside he kept going into the residential district, thankfully she wasn't far from the facility.

As he carried her she passed out from exhaustion. Unable to stay awake.

He blushed slightly as she rested against him now, having this close was a first, but in a way enjoyable. Using his Geist, he activated the front door before stepping in. Now came the hard part.

With a steady pace he scaled the stairs with her in his arms. Then made his way into the bedroom, before gently laying her on her bed. He took a moment to catch his breath before covering her up with the covers. "There we go, now you can rest easy."

Sindy reaches over and grabbed his arm and pulled him on the bed. Murmuring to him, “I’m not going to sleep my bused. I need something to snuggle to.” She said giving a Mischievous grin.

He was caught off guard when she pulled him onto the bed, and even more so with what she said. "I guess I could stay a while.", he said sheepishly before hugging her.

She hugged him and opened her mouth to say something but closed it and fell asleep again, sleep murmuring nonsense about ships.

He rested there as they held each other, eventually falling asleep himself, comfortable in a real bed for once, and warm in her hold.

After few hours went by, Sindy woke up snuggling Zeke. She then grinned then grabbed her sharpie and drew on his arm a doodle of a dog.

Zeke stirred, mumbling in his sleep he said, "Mom, Hans is poking me."

Sindy then threw the sharpie after finishing the doodle. She giggled, “Hey.” She said tried to hold in laughter.

Zeke stirred again, partially waking up, "Wha?"

“Oh nothing...” she said not looking at his arm.

"Five more minutes please.. ", He said laying down again, but a moment later actually opened his eyes as he realized just where he was. "Um,....should I not be...here?"

“Guess who’s pregnant?” She said smiling at him.

"What?!", he exclaimed before falling backwards off the bed with a thump, "ow."

“I’d have to say, not the most memorable...” she said looking at him.

"There is no way I knocked you up in my sleep unless you did it yourself........why is there dog on my arm?", he said from the floor, "haha very funny. I should get that as an actual tattoo."

“Well good thing I’m fucking with you. Because that would be something that would REALLY be an issue...” she said giggling nervousl.

"Well I mean that would be kinda too soon. Not even had our second date yet.", Zeke said finally standing up before straightening his clothes.

“Which I feel is what you came to me a couple hours for to ask me for now was it.” She said standing up looking at him.

"Yeah it was, but I was willing to wait. You needed rest, and I was worried with how tired you were.", He explained rubbing the back of his neck.

“Well, I’m waiting.” She said smiling.

"Do you want to grab dinner with me tonight, or go see a movie? For date number two?", He asked before waiting for her answer.

“Well since you asked so nicely. I accept Zeke.” She said kissing him on the forehead.

"Thank you. Is there a certain time you want me to pick you up?", Zeke asked relieved as she accepted.

“I’ll be available after work.” She told him.

"Okay, I'll drop by with car again. Any particular films you want to see? And that restaurant is the only one around that's actually fancy.", He said working out the details in his head.

“I live under a rock. So I don’t know any Zeke.” She told him seeming a bit embarrasse.

"Never been much for em either. So I know of them vaguely through ads.", he aadmitted, "would there be something else you would want to do instead?"

“I’m not a fancy woman Zeke. I thought I made that clear from day 1. Oh! You could take me south to the Drop bear arena! It’s kind of like a dog show but with drop bears. Me and my cousin use to train them as hunting assistance and helpers.” Sindy said.

"I guess that works too. I don't know where this place is though.", He said wondering why he had never heard of such a place, or even the animals involved.

”Really?! Well you have to check it out then.” She said stretching again.

"Sounds like a plan. Just be using the jeep instead of the car. Down south is out towards the sand plains, and the badlands. I'll make sure to pack my rifle."

“Pfft, everyone there is packing. So it should be safe she said before entering her bathroom and closing the door. “Alright, catch you later!

"Well don't hold it against me if I pack more. I'll be by after work, gotta get some things ready.", Zeke replied before heading out, leaving the room.

Sindy then stripped down out of her older clothes and got dressed into a newer set. Walking around her room, grabbing all she needed for the day before heading out again. Only after opening the closet and grabbing another flask of whiskey, then tucking it into her inner coat pocket.

Zeke got his gear together and a U5 jeep, then spent a little while tuning and doing maintenance on his Oban. When he was satisfied he went and showered in the barracks then dressed in a set off digital desert camo BDU pants, boots with armored protection, and a muscle shirt that was desert tan. Though thinking better of it, he checked his Impulse armor before ditching the boots so he could wear the armor.

Sindy headed back to S6 and walked into her office, cleaning up her messy office while venting. Her door being closed so no one could hear her. Once she finished, she sat back down and continued her work.

Zeke sat back on a crate and took a nap while he waited for her shift to end.

A few hours passed as she stayed working. When she glanced at her clock. She saw her shift was over 30 minutes ago and sighed. “Damnit. I got to get changed.” She said annoyed so then went to her drawer and grabbed her Maroon Dress. Changing into it then leaving after cleaning herself up in the mirror, brushing her teeth and combing her hair.

Zeke stood ready in the hangar, the jeep packed and all insignias removed, He stood in his impulse PA, with his helm under his arm. It was actually a common enough armor, so wouldn't be out of place where they were going. A Sickle 6mm assault rifle was stached in the cab. now all he had to do was wait.

Sindy left the hall and saw Zeke, she snickered to herself and snuck around the other workers and tried to sneak up on Zeke. Hoping to scare him.

He raised an eyebrow, but didn't show he knew she was coming. The radar in the lower right of his HUD showed a blip as the armor relayed it's readings from the seismic sensors in the boots.

Sindy walked up from behind him and stopped directly behind him. “Boo.” She said getting into a pose With her hand in her hip. Her body slanted. “What’s with the armor?”

He simply turned around giving her a smile, "Nice try. It's the badlands, bandits are still a problem in the area. Besides, what's a knight without a suit of armor to wear?"

Sindy snickered at his comment about the raiders, “Those guys rarely gave me trouble. Me and them use to go way back, old drinking buddies. It’s been a while, So dressing back up to go see that old place. It’s fun.“ She then looked at his armor, “Not exactly a Prince Charming, but you’re definantely smarter than one.” She said smiling.

"Thought the mech would be overkill, got a unmarked jeep to drive there. I..also don't have any dress clothes.", He admitted, "I hope you get to see your buddies while we're there, I know how important is is the have friends."

”Most of my mates are old veterans from the civil war. From both sides since the Draguuns are more of the mediators. Even though we’re treated like shit by those who hate honor and loyalty. To others, were infamous. Grandfather killed 10,000 men on his own. Stopped that war. Sadly isn’t here anymore. Can thank USO for that.” She said looking off, “Alright! Let’s get going then shall we?!” She said grabbing his hand.

"Sounds like one hell of soldier, I would have been honored to meet him.", Zeke said as he followed her to the vehicle before opening the door for her like a gentleman. After she had gotten in he went around to the driver side and climbed in, setting the helmet on the floor board.

“The only person you can meet is my grandmother, somehow still alive...“ She said with mixed feelings.

"Have you two spoken recently?", He asked as he started the engine.

Zeke slowly rolled out of the hangar, turning on to the side road that went around the base and to the residential district. He listened as they drove, curious about her family, especially after having met her cousin.

“She calls me every day, so I keep in touch with her. She’s always asking if I found a man yet. When I told her I was seeing someone. All she said was, ‘Are you sure it’s a man...’ I just bursted our laughing.” She said giggling.

"I'd like to think im a man, not like i identify as an attack helicopter.", He chuckled.

They were already almost all the way through the neighborhood, the gate approaching ahead. He slowed as they came close until the gates opened. "Not sure what she would think of me to be honest. More lean then i am buff.", Zeke commented as they passed through.

“I have no clue what she would say, she’s what you call, ’special’.” She said looking out the window deep in thought.

"Everything all right?"

The jeep turned out of the gate and took the off ramp onto the sand. The ride became somewhat bumpy as it tore across the desert sands. He was worried there was something wrong, or that he had brought up some sort of family issue.

“What? No, nothings wrong. Just brings me back to the time I had a larger family. Back before all of this.” Sindy was clearly reminiscent of the past.“

"That's understandable. Family is important, they're the people who will have your back no matter what.", Zeke commented, he remembered his own family, "it's nice you keep in touch with her, she live out here?"

“Yeah, She owns the place we’re Going to... Ah crap.” He face palmed remembering and started laughing. “Now it comes back to me...”

"Wait? She runs the fight ring? So I guess i'll get to meet her then. Starting to wish I had dressed nicer.", Zeke replied now feeling somewhat nervous, "What came back to you?"

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.” She said hiding what she remembered about her grandmother. “Just focus on driving.”

That didn't alleviate his concern, but he did as she said, not wanting to push the matter. After ten more minutes, they hit the more salt flats. a decent sized shanty town lay ahead, built around a circular pit like construction. Even from this far out, it was clear that this was a bustling settlement.

”Dreever, haven’t seen this place in a while. Wonder if Lora Kingsley still lives here... Always was a snarky bitch.” She said looking around.

"Guess we'll know soon enough. You know this place better then I do, so I'll follow your directions.", He said not asking on what sounded like some sort of rival.

The jeep slowed as it entered town, slowly rolling down the center street. Finding a nice shaded side area, he pulled the vehicle over and parked in the shade. Killing the engine, he looked to Sindy, "Then again, i can safely say, i assume the center of town is our destination."

“What gave it away?” She asked sarcastically getting out of the Jeep and walking with a slight strut over there, passing by the pub when some men ran out and tackled her. “WHAT YOU DOIN HERE DRAGUUN!”

Zeke had just slipped his helmet on and sealed it, before grabbing his rifle. Turning around as Sindy was tackled, "HEY!" he exclaimed as he ran over to point the barrel at the man who had tackled her. "I suggest you get off real slow."

Sindy was laughing on the ground, “Real funny Guys. Okay playtimes over, I can still kick your ass. Even when I was in the wheelchair.” Then they got off of her and helped her up, Robby looking at Zeke, “This yer new recruit? Or punching bag?” He said chuckling.

"Boyfriend actually. And trust me, i'm no where even being a recruit. I'm a veteran.", Zeke replied lowering the rifle before mag locking it to his armored back. "Zeke Rykiel.", he offered.

“Captain Robby, over there is Sergeant Yussif, and Staff sergeant Grum. Ex military from the civil war. The older gentlemen all looked at him with glazed eyes. “So What brings you back here with a pretty boy? Not here to see ’The Kraken’ Huh?”

Sindy shook her head, “No, please no. I don’t want to see that anytime soon...”

"You must be the drinking buddies Sindy mentioned. Sorry i got in your face when you tackled her, Can you blame me though?", the power armored man admitted. He didn't comment on the "Kraken" bit, even though it sounded like some sort of crude reference, he wasn't jumping to conclusions again.

“HEY... SINDY... IS THAT YOUR TALL ASS I SEE BACK IN MAH TOWN!!!” An older woman’s voice could be heard being shouted. As Sindy covered her face and ducked behind Zeke. A taller older woman walked over with a cane. “Who might this pretty bitch boy be lads?” She said looking at Zeke.

"Zeke Rykiel, Ex-military and freelance soldier. I don't believe i've had the pleasure of catching your name ma'am.", He answered not bothering to bite on the "bitch" bait.

“She walked over and towered over him at 6’9”. Looking down at him squinting, getting a good look at him, then looked back at Sindy, “So this is the bloat you decided to go with eh?” She asked. Sindy only nodding. “Hmmm... Well I like the look of him. Let’s put that to the test now shall we?” She said grinning. “Draguuns only get the finest. Understood young man? I’m Jennifer Draguuns. Wife to Tre Draguun. Her grandfathe, the deadliest man in the blood line.”

"An honor to meet you. What sort of test do you have in mind?", Zeke asked curiously, a slight grin on his face.

“Tell me lad, have you seen a dropbear before? Now, have you seen, a trained dropbear?” She asked him.

"I can't say I've seen either, but I have heard stories.", He said truthfully, "You're throwing me into a pit with one aren't you?"

She looked at Sindy and grinned, “Head inside Young one.“ Sindy knee what was happening and patted Zeke on the shoulder, “Don’t die.” She said smiling half heartedly then entered inside the main building.

Jennifer looked back to Zeke, “Aye, you be fighting her. Prove ye worth.”

"Alright.", Zeke said before entering, heading to the challenger gate as he was directed there.

On the other side of the sand filled arena there stood Sindy in all brown leather armor. Next to her were two large Dropbears with metal armor on them. Sindy held a spear and was standing in a pose that meant business, “Are you sure you really want to do this Zeke?” She asked a tad worried.

"You make it sound like there was ever a choice.", Zeke called back before saying quietly to himself under his helmet, "I've survived running through artillery, why not two armored death bears."

Sindy sighed as she called out “Duke! Teek! Fetch!” As the two large Dropbears got on all fours and charged towara

Zeke gave a grin before polarizing his visor, and engaging ECS. The air simmered as light particles appeared around him and he vanished. At first he did not move, but instead swapped mags with the one he kept of shock gel rounds. No need to harm the pets, just knock them out.

He raised his rifle as he waited to see what the bears did. If they continued at him, he'd jump out of the way, or if not. He'd use the element of surprise to hopefully drop at least one.

The Drop Bears charged forward still, spiked now popping out as they barreled down.

Well shit, there went plan A.

When they reached his position Zeke jumped, but instead of going straight up to land on one of them. He instead leapt to the side, covering 20 ft with the assisted of powered armored legs. As he landed with a roll, he fired into the flank of the nearest animal from a one knee crouch. Sparks burst off the armor as the shock rounds detonated on impact with each burst.

The first drop Bear roars as it gets hit, seeing the sand kicks up they both pounce on the spot where there was an indent in the sand. Sindy watching from her point and begins to dash quickly over there hugging the wall of the arena.

Zeke rolled, trying to stay on the move as the bears proved faster then he was expecting. Firing more bursts as he came back up, narrowly dodging claws and teeth, as he sprinted around them. He had a feeling his armor would not last long under their ferocity.

He eventually knocked Teek down, though Duke was still mashing at the area he saw prints and indents. When Sindy shouted, “Toss!” And she Jumped in Duke as he grabbed her and threw her at the spot he was wailing at, Sindy thrusting with the spear.

Zeke ducked unable to move out of the way fast enough, so he angled his back so the spear would not stab through, but only strike across the plate. His arm raised to meet her midsection as he raised the rifle to unload the last of his mag into Duke.

Duke was knocked down by the hail of bullets as Sindy swung again at where the bullets were coming from.

Zeke dropped the empty rifle as the spear blade struck him in the arm, but did not make it through the plate. He stumbled to the side before he disengaged ECS.

The armored man reappeared in burst of particles as they flowed back into the armor's cooling vents. He didn't have shock rounds for his pistol, so....shit.

Sindy swung again for his legs to knock him on his feet.

Zeke took the hit, grabbing the shaft as the spear hit the back of his leg. He caught himself on it even though doing so caused the blade to cut into his leg, before he punched an armored fist through the shaft, breaking it.

Sindy looked at the broken spear in her hands and dropped it then hugged Zeke. “You won. Good job little man.” She whispered into his ear as the crowd clapped in applaud.

Zeke was still hopped up on adrenaline which began to fade and the pain in his leg couldn't be ignored. "Ok, good, because I really need my medkit ....and maybe drink.", he said hugging back as he tried to stay on his leg. There was a small crimson pool beginning form around his left boot.

Sindy spotted it and said, “Even in that Armor, my spear still did something at least.“ She then grabbed out the flask from earlier and gave it to him. ”You need it more than me Zeke.”

"Soon as I get out if this pit, I am ditching this armor in the jeep. Beautiful form with the spear by the way, remind me to never piss you off.", he said with a slight chuckle as he felt the sealant in his suit stick and glob over the wound. At least he wouisn't bleed out, but he need to get it cleaned and treated. Stick the flask in a side pouch, "Shall we?"

Sindy helped him out of the arena and they were stopped by her Grandmother, “I accept your choice. Next time. No armor. Only muscle.“ she said grinning and walking off. Sindy elbowing him, “That means she likes you, if that’s worth anything.” She said giggling. Helping him still to the Jeep.

Once they got to the jeep, Zeke chucked his helm and rifle into bed first. After a few moments he had the armor off and in the bed as well. Good thing he had decided to wear clothes underneath, albeit if there was a blood stain around the back of his knee.

Covering the armor over with a tarp, and sitting down on the passenger seat. First he cleaned off the sealant then rinsed the wound which he didn't grunt from, only wincing faintly. Once that was done, he used a vial of medical nanoes.

"Alright that takes care of that. So what do you want to do now?", Zeke said after a minute, letting the grey goo do it's job.

Sindy leanded against the Jeep and looked at him, "You want to just get a drink and relax for the rest of the day? Seems like we both could use one."

"After that grey crap I just put in my leg I'm good for anything. Drink does sound nice though." Zeke grabs the flask from the armor's belt before following Sindy, "You looked really good in that armor by the way."

"Stawp!" she said childishly, "I don't want to talk about it." Sindy was blushing as she walked to the pub.

Zeke took a stood after they entered, before waving the bar tender for a drink. "Definitely has been far more exciting then dinner and a movie."

Sindy sat down and the bar keep brought her an extreamly large 3 pint cup of whiskey and him a glass of vodka and the bottle. "Looks like they think you're a lightweight." She said giggling while beguining to chug down her own.

"That, or just trying to get me straight drunk. Either way, I'm not complaining." He said before taking a big drink, enjoying the familiar heat. Quickly he jugged what was left in the glass to kill his soreness,

Sindy finnished her mug and leaned agianst his shoulder, "Not exactly a date but it's something right." She said kissing him on the cheek.

"Totally worth it. I'd have done it again even if I knew in advance.", Zeke said with a grin.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back