• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

There's a rat aboard

Rattenkind

Inactive Member
Hello folks!
I've been looking for a SciFi forum RPG about a month ago on a whim and found Star Army that way. Well, over the month I read some wiki entries and forum posts every once in a while and have now, finally, decided to join the forum and take part in the RPG myself. I hope I can benefit this ambitious and obviously successful project. :)
For my character I've got the rough idea of a young supply officer in some space navy in mind though with not much else, yet. I'd be glad to get some mentoring in my first time here to help me getting started.

Greetings,
Ratte(nkind)

PS: I set the part of my name in brackets that you might leave for a short form. I forget that it's not that obvious most the time.

Last edited:
Hello Ratten,

I am Nashoba one of the site Admins. Welcome to Star Army Role Play. Always nice to see a new face in the forum.

Check out our New Players Guide to get started.

We understand that questions come up during the character creation process. If you have questions, feel free to post here. Also if you you can go to our IRC, there are plenty of folks online most of the time who can answer most basic questions.

Nashoba

Thanks for the response. I'm just doing research for my character and already finding that a supply officer might not be the best idea. Not sure yet, though. I'll check out IRC soon. But most likely not today since its 11 PM where I am.
PS: Please don't get this wrong, but it's always funny to have an english native speaker shorten my name. :D Although I guess I shouldn't complain since my english might not be as perfect, too. Anyways, my name translates into english as "rat's child" with "Ratten" roughly meaning "rat's". "Ratte" would be a more appropriate short form (meaning "rat"). I guess I better edit that into my first post.:rolleyes:

No problem. Ratte is fine. Supply officer can be a player character, we've had a few on the Star Army plot ships, but don't expect your character to stay safely behind. They are still soldiers and can be called upon to participate in Away Teams.

Thats true enough in the plotline im in at the moment we have our resident quartermaster co-ordinating information and data sent from drones to the ship and back to the away team. I can tell you now you'll always get some fairly interesting non standard stuff ontop of your normal duties. Play what you want to try out you can always create new characters as you need them. I think both Nepalisia and Yamatai have "starter ships" in the Eucharis for Yamatai and (I think though i might be wrong since i never played in a nepalesian plotline) the 4th fleet.

Always good to have more people who like to take on unusual roles. I salute you sir!

Welcome to Star Army! I'm Wes, the site founder/admin guy. I'm on pretty much every day with few exceptions, so feel free request my help whenever you need.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back