• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Halloween Thread of the Living Dead!

Jack Pine

Welcome one and all to an event of survival, mystery, terror, and supernatural proportions. The premise for this seasonal tale is rather simple, or so it seems on the surface. Any character can join, as the thread will be in open roleplay, and you all will awake in a city, no memory of before, no weapons, no armor, and no outstanding abilities. You have only the environment, the supplies you find, and your very wit to survive the hordes.

Oh yes, that's right, it's a undead apocalypse. You're enemies will be everything me and my helpers can think to resurrect, even your fallen friends who perish as the story progresses. Not every survivor you meet will by your ally either, even if they seem to be, trust must not be given freely. When you wake, you'll be running on a clock, so time is of the essence. Follow the clues, kill the horde masters, and unravel the secrets to the cause of this dark tragedy. The opening shall be posted soon, tomorrow, or the day after. The starting location is not set, but do please join us for this frightfully fun event.

Remember, no starting gear, no superhuman abilities. Anything genetic is a no go, just cybernetics. Please direct any questions to me, @RaWolfe , or @Aria_Lark713

EDIT: To clarify, characters with super human abilities are allowed, they just won't be able to use them.

Last edited:
To sum it up in TL: DR
  • Any character can join in
  • This will be non canon, so any character can join in even if they are now in a different story
  • No weapons, no armor, no PA, be creative with your surrounding
  • All alien buff (including super human) will be debuff to standard human strength. Come on a bit of a challenge ;)
  • Question? Do ask them!
Hope to see you all in this Halloween special!

I do have a question of my own for any prospective members who might be interested in joining. How much horror do you want, because we could possibly go full tilt boogey on this, but it would possibly require this to be 18+. I'm hesitant to do so, as not to limit who can join, but I also want to give the best experience with the story as I can. Even if not going to, I'll try to the best in the 16+ rating range, just means I we'll have to not go too graphic. We're up to suggestions on this, and I'll mull it around see if I can figure out a good idea for it. But please do feel free to give us some feedback so we can give you the best experience possible for this holiday event.

I'm in. I submit Spark Pine (Duskerian Legion E7, Infantry with grandfathered Power Armor qual) and Jillian 22-1274D (BRRF Harvester Second Class)

Last edited:
Please excuse the lack of a thread still, I have had some medical concerns come up recently as some already know, which have kept me a bit occupied of late. Therefore the thread release will be moved back to later this weekend, so thank you for your patience and understanding. Me and my helpers will endeavor to make sure it is completed soon in time for the holiday, and look forward to the fun we'll hopefully have together in this.

well i'm sorry to say a combination of being sick and people out for school, we weren't able to finish in time, and I apologize for that. We can still post the starter when done if there is any interest left in this.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back