• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Life Events Time to take a rest

Gunsight1

Potato Salad
Hey guys,

So, I've been running plots as a GM here on SARP since 2013 when I took over the Sakishima. It has been a fun time running that plot, as well as the others I have come to run over the years since then. But, as with anything, it starts to become a time when one knows it is time to move on. As the last few months have gone on, with everything happening in my personal life, I have had less and less energy to dedicate to Star Army, to running all the plots I operate, to making sure my players have the support they need to keep playing and to writing as a player on the plots that I just game in.

There are a lot of things behind this, some in my personal life, some with site politics, none of which I am going to go into, just to say that I have been feeling more and more tired and burnt out, regarding my GM duties with each passing month and I know it is time for me to scale back not run 4 plots anymore. So I am going to begin stepping away, but I am not just abandoning my players to let them hang, no. I have you guys covered.

I have worked out a transfer to custodianship for my Yamataian plots. The YSS Sakishima and YSS Sakura II will be getting new GM's soon. I have talked to the people I feel best suited to assume control of the plots and they have, generously, agreed to do so. It will not be an immediate hand over, I will be finishing up the current mission on the Sakura II here shortly and the Sakishima is on shore leave and will transition over to the new GM by the beginning of the next mission.

I am happy to say that @paladinrpg will be taking over as GM of the Sakishima and @Toshiro will be returning to GM the Sakura II, the plot he created in the first place. Again this wont be an immediate change, but it will be soon.

As for my Ersetu plots, HMS Nemesis, HMS Harlaech Castle, they will be continuing as they are for the time, though there may be some restructuring in that respect as well as time goes on, but if/when that time comes, I will let my players there know.

Cheers, guys. I will keep you all informed as to when things happen.

@Yoshi
@Riko
@Jack Pine
@Immortal Cyan
@ArsenicJohn
@Miyako
@Yagen
@SirSPT
@CadetNewb
@Ira
@Toshiro
@Acewing13

Take care buddy! Hope you get everything sorted out and squared away!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back