• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Titles for the Ketsurui Imperial Family

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
(Rough Draft)

Emperor: Male sovereign of the Empire.
Empress: Female sovereign of the Empire.

Prince: Son of the Empress or former Empress
Princess: Daughter of the Empress or former Empress

Empress' Consort: Mate of the head of the Empire.
Master Empress: A former Empress.

Kôtashi: Heir to the throne

Handmaiden: Female servant to the Empreror/Empress/former Empress

What about the brothers/sisters of the Emperor/Empress? I don't know if their are any, but if their are in the future it could do with thinking about. What is the title of a male servant to the Empreror/Empress/former Empress?

I'm thinking, "who cares?" I don't know what they'd be called and I don't really care to. There's many other, much more important things for me to be pondering at the moment, like the Character Creation Guide and upcoming plots. If you have suggestions, though, I'm open.

I've only just realised how amazingly petty my earlier post was. In fact I'm going to delete it.

As far as titles, although I think I was daft to raise the sunject, prince/princess for the sovreigns brother/sister if they share a blood line, and possibly a title for the next in line to the throne. That is they would become ruler if the current sovreign died. Non blood relatives should get no special titles I'm thinking.

As or the male version of handmaiden I think it would logicly be handservant (not handyman), or something along those lines.

Again I'm sorry for wasting time. I really didn't notice the pettiness of it.

I think it would logicly be handservant (not handyman), or something along those lines.
*Chuckles* Handyman, lol.

Indeed, handservant makes sense.

So is this sort of where Hanako got her title of Princess that she dislikes being called by?

Now thinking about calling Yui "Master Empress Yui" in-character 🤔

Got a few of those master empresses running around. That'd get confusing with "mistress of the Star Army" though, wouldn't it? "Master" isn't always gendered, but still. ...

The last few monarchs didn't have a mother...

Well you can't very well keep calling previous monarchs "Master Monarch Title". It gets confusing as to who's actually in charge that way, because Master implies superiority and control.

How about Empress Emeritus, as Soban suggested? That's how we're handling the ex-Emperor of Japan who abdicated this year.

The Japanese term, if we want to pull something from that. Jōkō is the shortened title which was formally revived for ex-Emperor Akihito (Emperor Heisei).

Last edited:
That would also avoid the sometimes-gendered term of "master." ... Though when I was thinking about it, I was imagining Yui having "Master Empress" and "Mistress of the Star Army" and it sounding awkward.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back