• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SYNC To Aliset Soren, From Nicol Sanger

HelaxusPhase

Inactive Member
RP Date
17D 7M YE 42
To: 三准尉 Aliset Soren

Ma'am.

It's definitely been quite some time since you and I have had a discussion face to face. Thought that I'd like to congratulate you on the historic milestone you had set for our kind. It definitely inspired me, and as you are aware, I am now in service aboard the same craft as you are, in the Engineer Corps. I'd very much like to catch up with you over a drink or some food, time permitting. I'll be available most days, as I've been given some time off after a successful full overhaul repair done to one of the smaller craft, fixing a major issue in the navigation systems electrical components - darn thing kept drifting to the starboard whenever a gravitational-magnetic anomaly passed through the hull. I look forward to hearing about your exceptional achievements, feel free to drop by the Engineering deck, or message me back with a date and time set.

Ever Curious.

三等兵 Nick Sanger

Message recieved in Senti Common
transcribing to Yamataigo for archive.

Nicol iš mokslo indas Sanger kas skrenda su karo laivas Tokyo neé Soren! It's been too long!

After my experience in training, I would have thought other Senti wouldn't be here waiting for me. Moreover that it would be someone so special as you. I hope they fixed the vaccination issue, and that you didn't have to do too much convincing of our species' needs to your instructors. Moreover, I hope you did well!

How is Atteni? Grandmother would not tell me if she was feeling okay or not. But my last video comm she didn't look terrible. Just tired, which makes me wonder who is piloting and navigating Soren while I am gone.

You were always a talented astrophysicist, and you taught me how to use a hill sphere as a slingshot to hasten FTL. I am happy they found you work that suits you. How is your lodging? I hope it was not as open and restless as my own during my training, and they took to heart the culture of the Senti recruits.

As for your invitation, Goddess knows the things I would do for fresh lichen fruit, or even real wine. Lorath sweetwasp mead only comes so close, and alcohol isn't quite what I expected. Rather disappointing, really. I could stand to have a nice dinner of spinefish and greens on the observation deck. I'll cook?

With love,

Santo Juni Aliset iš karo laivo Tokyo neé Soren

Aliset,

I hadn't had any issues with the vaccinations, hell, helped the medical team in training better adapt their serums to our biology at the time. The nurse sat rather stricken as I re-engineered a serum for some other species to better work with our physiology. Atteni is well, last I heard she was just really tired, but from what I know she's up and doing her regular thing again - to include giving my foster parents a hard time about not insisting I take the name.
As for my lodging, they offered a pod, but curtains around my bed work just fine for me, so I can utilize that extra room in my cabin for my little projects. I might know of a way to get some of that Lichen fruit you desire, one of my Engineers says he had Supply order some Lichen wine, as a matter of fact. He found out he had missed my birthday and insisted on celebrating with something.
You definitely got my mouth drooling a tad, you do indefinitely have a uh... 'knack'... for cooking up some... How do the humans say it? "The meanest Spinefish in the Quadrant!" I'd enjoy such an offer. Any particular time?

Ever Curious,

Santô Hei Nick Sanger

Nicol

You know as well as I do how stubborn Suteriel and Asteni can be. How Supply managed to get Lichen wine, I have very little idea. You know how difficult the Flotillas can be to contact, let alone find. Even for us.

I imagine the larger sector has access to the plant. Anyway, I did manage to keep a small pot of it, the lichen is healthily growing in my cabinet, and I believe it shouldn't be too badly harmed if I take enough for grandmother,'s recipe.

Unfortunately, the best I can do is synthetic spinefish, and all my spices are synthesized. The taste may be slightly off, but I believe I can make it work. I get off duty in a few hours. I'll start cooking on the observation deck then. Perhaps 18:40 hours, dinner should be ready. I'll bring mugs, and mead, if you will bring wine.

With love,
Santo Juni Aliset iš karo laivo Tokyo neé Soren

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back