• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Blizzard

Inactive Member
Subject: Havok Festival YE 40

Sup guys! Some of you may have heard, some may have not, but Akemi and I have started an airbike team and planned to host a racing series on 188604. It's a good way to make paper and bring in tourism. We already have everything in place for the most part, but a thought just occurred to me:

Why does this have to be a simple racing event?

Why can't it be something bigger?

Enter the Havok Festival.

Live music, multiple road courses set up through the city, off-road routes in the wasteland. Bikes, cars, trucks, buggies, spaceships going fast everywhere you look. Tourists coming from across the galaxy to invest their time and money into the local economy. Unprecedented PR opportunities for everyone involved. Uso will be able to show off her hella-cool planet, Havok will be able to showcase its newest vehicles, Akemi will get free advertising for his restaurant/charity, and Jack will get to display his mercenary forces and make a good impression. MOST IMPORTANTLY... huge payouts for everyone involved.

Sounds awesome, right? Of course it does!

So now you're probably asking why I've brought this to your attention. Simple:

MR. PINE, I'll have need of your mercenary services for event security. In the city where normal civilians will be, I just need a bunch of mean-looking guys with concealed pistols, radios, and collared shirts. Don't want to scare the festival goers with full combat-ready soldiers- those guys will be patrolling the tracks out in the wastelands, watching for bandits and other lowlifes. We can negotiate a price if you're onboard.

MS. TASUKI, I really just wanted to get your okay to turn the city into a labyrinth of racetracks. If so, awesome. Next, I need to know about the exchange rates for Aramarks, DA, and KS. The idea is to get people to shop at locally-owned establishments and build our own supply of foreign currency.

AKEMI, I need your excellent people skills to get the word out that the biggest event of the year is happening on 188604. I also need you to try and contact some performers to see if we can have them come out. A few big ones, like Aethersperm, The NoVas, and Deadra7 should be enough to draw people in even if they're not interested in watching the races.

Get back to me ASAP with your responses. Sooner we get done planning, the sooner we can get this show on the road!

Sincerely,

Jax

@Ametheliana @Jack Pine @Zack

So this idea came to me from the Forza Horizon series of games. The game takes place at a massive Coachella-esque festival that spans several square miles (EX: Forza Horizon 3 spans over a huge chunk of Australia from the coast to the outback). It's an open-world racing game where you can drive all sorts of vehicles over all sorts of terrain. To better explain my point, here's a trailer:

In the end, I want to be able to have people from all over SARP visit and RP much like the Hanami Festival on Yamatai.

Subject: Re: Havok Festival YE 40

I don't feel like doing economics right now, just get however many arcmarks you need from Vier.

Also

Yes on putting race tracks everywhere. That sounds cool.

To: Jackson Howard

SABER are not mercs, but will gladly provide security for this event. It will be a good excuse to get the family out of the house.

Director of Section 6
Jack Pine

To: Jackson "Jax" Howard

Hey hey,

I can do that for sure. I have an up and coming news source I'm working on—it even runs in Iromaland and Azorea. You'll have a lot of alien visitors! Expect heavily armed spies from foreign nations, too! I can't promise some of those big names as Aethersperm doesn't have a manager and is looking for one to my recollection. Put your feelers out for someone that can fill that role? Double D's is really hard to get ahold of since the unspeakable concert, though it seems her performance levels are off the charts. She'd be a really good one to get on stage with the rest of her Neps. And the other bands? Already talked to them, no problem there. By the by, I was hoping to fund a mecha design some day and haven't had the chance. If you name one after a horse I'll definitely put money behind it. I want to have ten thousand in production by candy festival in hachigatsu. Anyway, get back to me.

All the best,
Koga Akemi

RPG-D RPGfix
Back