• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Interest Check To Valleys Unknown (NDC) (Indie)

Jack Pine

Recently been mulling around the idea of starting up a new plot, and felt like the NDC homeworld just hadn't gotten enough love. So I'm proposing the idea of an expedition plot, where a company of surveyors, miners, security, scientists, cartographers, archeologists, diplomats, engineers, and expedition hands. Take a journey around the world of Sirris VI, home to the capital of the NDC, exploring the remains of numerous past civilizations that once called it home in it's history, as well as meeting the primitive locals who are in their early industrial age currently. The world is full of exotic flora, fauna, and unknown mysteries. It will definitely be dangerous as predatory life of large size is the norm in the wilds, even to rare kaiju size levels. The local government is paying well to fund the endeavor, as well as providing any equipment and gear that is needed for the journey.

I'd be down to do this. If I can figure out how to do all the weapon templates we might even have the silverback approved for this

10x sport shot
50x Gauss rod rifles
10x hyper shift rotary chaingun
200x hands free comms collars.
200x external respiration kit
500x multimendfoam
500x pridwen deployable cover
500x bubble blower grenades
100x foresight helmets
10x URSAs
10x Balaena industrious platform
10x squid rigs
10x sardine can rigs(edited)

the convoy will likely consist of this to start, with whatever else the NDC, and other benefactors are willing to provide. Granted a decent amount of this stuff will need to be dusted off, as it's been in storage since being put away after the NDC was founded and settled.

interesting plot. I have the Mining Guild so thats likely in this, and maybe Nyx since i want her to get into things

This is very interesting, think I will sign up for this. How well-known would the expedition be?

it's NDC, and local company funded, so pretty well known as they can definitely get the ads out there. Any other benefactors can pitch in if they so please, would just need to discuss it with me first.

Considering I now have more then the three needed to officially start this, I would kindly ask for everyone to start rolling their characters up. I'll be starting a group DM on discord to keep in touch, and keep updated on plot startup progress.

I'm sorry about that Jack, I was think of using either Louis or Zach for this plot but I'm cool with making a new character too.

once we get characters sorted out, I will likely start the first thread for us. Freya is on the brimstone, so I would kinda prefer someone else. As for you Morrs, I think zach might work if it's not pulling him away from the university plot too much, as these expeditions are planned to take a while. He, or a new character would work pretty well in my opinion, as it could be extra credit work study or something. Charaa, Nyx is perfect, so full send on her. And Noodle, you could bring the spooder girl you wanted to make.

It should fine depending on the date of the expedition it should be long after the University plot is over in the setting's timeline.

If this is still happening then I might throw my girl Jacky into the mix as security or a scout or somesuch.

Not to pester you, but what happened with this? Everything OK?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back