• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Total newbie here wanting some opinions?

Mandy

Inactive Member
Hello to all! Basically, I decided to create an account because who doesn't love an active RP with tons of options and a solid plot?

I've just discovered the site today, and I'm preparing to make a character (gotta read up on all this craziness first - I have to admit my head's spinning a bit with all this info. but it's good to know there's a lot of worldbuilding here!). However, I wanted to get you guys' opinion on something.

I'd love to create an independent character, specifically a merchant (with a new store). However, since I'm fairly new to the SARPiverse, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. There seems to be a lot of advice to create a second character that's independent, and have a "safer" option for your first. Of course it's probably possible to jump in as a merchant, but if I was to do so, I was wondering if you guys had any tips on that? It can even be "don't do it" if you think it's best haha I just don't want to mess up the canon right away or bite off more than I can chew.

I'm really leaning towards this option, though, so maybe there's something I can do to make the process more efficient? (Thanks in advance, by the way, really looking forward to RPing with you guys!)

P.S.: OH and I'm Mandy, by the way haha (I should include that in an introduction, right?)

While it is possible to play a merchant and make them your first character, getting RP with a merchant is difficult unless you join a plot. And most plots it's kind of difficult to find an excuse for a merchant to be around. So it's often best to wait until you have another active character first to use a merchant, or till you're a GM and you can make reasons for a merchant to be in your plot. Depending on what the merchant sells though it might be possible to have then tag along on a plot.

Thanks so much to both of you! Yeah, I think I'll just go for a military faction for now. Once I get used to RPing, I'll take on something else if I find a way to contribute to a plot with that. Thanks again! :)

Why not tell us what kind of roleplay style you have or the kinds of things you like to do and we'll try to find somewhere that suits your tastes on our site?

Different plot-lines have different flavors, feelings and pacing but they all interact on a grand scale as part of the same universe, you know? :3

RPG-D RPGfix
Back