• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Tsenlan] Reading Post Cards and Nature Pictures

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 45.1
RP Location
Akina, Yamatai Star Empire

Reading Post Cards and Nature Pictures​

Asarthotar Fjord Lodge, Akina​

Xytrinah_amazing_alien_battle_spacecraft_set_in_the_void_with_s_90f0ea84-b4b2-4655-bccc-e39f64...jpg"I hope Arina has not yet gone to join the Star Army, we need to call her back for a discussion," Airwin said with a sense of urgency in his voice as he went through a number of pending messages and sent out requests to Aelya, Arina, and whoever else he could manage to pull, even Lynira who he intended to offer a job to. Above the desk of the Senator and Tsenlanese Aestaesys were the "nature pictures" that had been sent by Nira in accompaniment to the coded postcard which had arrived during the Year End Festival. Naeliu moved to observe what her father had been fussing over.

Sclauth Achakega, Orchidaceae, O'ognathatlzo Eththotsh, Baftu'ag Bftathk O'thhug, all actual ancient War Leviathans, unlike those of the Tsenlanese they were the real thing; ancient harbingers of war which now were accompanied by swarms from the Ae'Harga Umarian Military Swarm and other military arms of the U'rstholloshan Empire. Hiveminds with potentially billions of years of experience and shared knowledge dwarfed those which had been bred and created in the modern eras. Airwin knew the complications of the fact that Minjun's promised escalation was not just a threat; it was a reality. The images also included confirmations that both Xytrinah and Koshiro were present, the parents of Minjun and the rulers of the unfathomable power behind the U'rstholloshan Empire. The former Norian state of Surrune had already fallen, an easy first victory with the collapse of the former Continuum and Minatu governments.

Airwin stood from his desk and paced slowly back and forth, a moment later he brought up a map of Ayenee Prime. "Surrune holds a position strategic in the east..." he said more to himself than to Naeliu, "...no doubt Xytrinah still holds the West..." he contemplated, "They could have taken the Capital the first day they arrived, but they didn't...They already have the so-called Federation in their clutches, what the hell are they doing?" he sighed and moved to the side table to fill himself a mug of tea. He had nothing but time to wait for the others to arrive so they could discuss this before he would have to take it to Taisho Yui.

For Airwin it was not just a simple thing to hand over such information to the Star Army; he couldn't bear the thought of sending people to their deaths unequipped or unprepared. The remnant of the leader he was just couldn't allow such a blind exercise, he was going to need an option that also presented something that resembled solutions and assistance.

The temptation to make a joke about what her father interrupted was tamped down by the urgency of the summons. She was used to seeing him informally or getting a request for a little later. It meant she only smiled slightly when she entered by herself and closed it behind her. "Is everything okay? I came as soon as I got the summons." She wasn't in uniform, wearing a diaphanous sheaf dress of white with gold accents. The young Norian sat down across the desk from Airwin and crossed one of her legs over the other, anxiously bobbing it.

AELYA

Aelya walked in solemnly wearing a modestly conservative Aest Vyrdi. She was supposed to have some time away after the events of the funeral, however that clearly was not going to happen now. Her red hair had been braided and tied back into a tight bun. If that and the clothing did not signal how pissed off she was, she did not know what would. Today was not exactly the day to try her, but she responded to Airwin's summons as ordered.

She slipped in quietly and stood off to the side so as not to disturb the Aestaesys speech. Her face remained stone not betraying the cold feeling that ran through her body when she saw Arina. Ears twitched as she heard just exactly what her brother was talking about, from what she could gather, the family of her handsome nephew Minjun. A small devious little grin graced her face. "Delicious" she murmured quietly to herself.

LYNIRA

Lynira was only mildly confused why the Aestaesys had summoned her to his office. The aqua haired norian worked as a diplomat for sure, but Airwin had briefly met her one time and at holiday festivities. Her hair was fixed into a french braid with then tucked up underneath the braid itself. The maejaes vyrdi she wore today a little bit fancier then what she would in the City of Taisho. Afterall, she was going to a meeting with her head of state. The black background of her formal robes were graced with designs in seasonally appropriate colors.

She arrived to the room she had been summoned to, black eyes noticed Airwin deep in discussion with his daughter. As he was occupied she slipped off to the side opposite of Aelya, but still far behind Arina. He had not asked her specifically to do something and they were the royal family, it was only appropriate she stay where she was and not interrupt.

Last edited:
Airwin gave a short shake of his head, "No, Arina-everything is not okay," he said as he motioned to the volumetric projections of the military arms of the U'rstholloshan Empire at Ayenee. "Nira and Lithia captured these images, along with our agents still active on Ayenee. It would seem Minjun's threat through Bathosar was not just idle words. They've already taken Surrune and I have a feeling they're going to make a parade of it," he said before he turned his attention to Aelya.

"I'm glad you're here sister, It may be delicious but we have no idea what we can expect. Good faith suggests I need to hand this intelligence over to the Star Army, but good conscience tells me that they will believe they need to stand against it alone, they aren't much different than we were," he said as he then prepared to address the final entry into the room,

He examined the form of Lynira briefly, he had just seen her at the year-end festival and had intended to take care of business then. "Lynira, I'm glad you got my message, let us get away with the first business, I would like you to join my personal staff. Serve as a second set of eyes, ears, and mouth for mine. From my role as Senator to the leadership of our people rebuilding I could use your expertise, would you be interested?" he questioned. The gears turned, and it was very obvious Airwin had begun to be the architect of design he once was when it came to orchestrating their people.

Arina sunk in her chair, it barely scratched the surface of the way her heart plummeted to the pit of her stomach and places unknown after that. The white-haired daughter of Airwin sat quietly as her eyes glazed over for a long moment when she saw the projections. She had to hook her fingers down underneath herself to keep from reacting further. The engagements they were involved in, not even counting their flight to Kikyo, broke through the door where she tried to keep them locked away in her mind.

Only well after Airwin finished did she suck in an audible breath and process what he said after that. "...are we so certain? I had to study more of their history, and we are one people now, or supposed to be. They were in Xylar too, as were others. If we can appeal to everyone who can assist in the sector maybe we can mount a bigger effort?" The bobbing of her leg was very agitated, but she did her best to push through.

It needed to be done, and over. They had done enough already but it wasn't good enough for them. It felt almost smothering, like tendrils were reaching out from the void to draw her in where there was no light, again.

AELYA

Aelya's eyebrow raised, she knew they were going to make a parade of things. She could see why this would make an issue for her brother. To give this information to their saviors would undoubtedly send them on the path to their deaths. For as much as she would love to get her hands on Minjun alone, she was not dense enough to believe it would actually happen. "I am glad to see you as well brother." she nodded towards him. "If they have taken Surrune, you have checked on your resources in the area..yes?" she vespered to him. "We have to expect the unexpected in this, in the most cold and cruel possible manner. Afterall, look at who we are dealing with here." she said emotionless while she gestured towards the postcard.

"Good faith could suggests a great many things in this scenario, but to what end? We give them this information it hastens their sprint towards certain doom. Which it seems like this is a path they were likely headed towards without this carrot dangling to speed things up. At least in regards to that place." she hissed. "What help would we be able to provide them in this, if we did turn it over? You know that side of the family would likely shred me on sight. So I can not be of help there." she smirked. "They are not much different than we were, that is certain. You share the information, they die. You do not share the information, it looks like they are headed down the same path to death. Their only hope in this with a chance of survival, is to let go any hope of remaining on Ayenee." she said blowing a strand of stray hair out of her face looking over to the little diplomat that walked in.

Lynira

Lynira listened intently to the words spoke by all parties in the room, as she suspected she was brought here for a reason. She was not going to lie to herself, when the Aest's request came across her desk she almost fell out of her chair. Luckily she had been in the office alone or someone might have seen a rare expression break through her stone façade. Her eyes looked over Airwin briefly in turn. She dipped her head respectfully, "Aestaesys, it would be my honor to join your staff. I accept." The gravity of the predicament was not lost on her, she knew he could use all the assistance he could find.

Void like orbs flitted to the Volaer who clearly seemed more distressed than the other woman in the room. She quickly moved her gaze back to the head of state to ponder silently. Clearly something was bothering the Princess, but she could not exactly tell what.

Airwin forced himself to smile a bit when Arina's suggestion was more than optimistic, sadly his understanding of what had begun to unfold on Ayenee was a little too intimate to just throw the resources of another sector into a war they wouldn't win. "We are one people, but to bring these people the same scourge but worse that we've run from? I've read the history myself, and I know without a doubt the Star Army will step up, just to expect to do so alone after all we've been through is..." his voice faded as he contemplated the matter more, "They took a step with us and they took a risk for us and we will do the same in kind," he said, "It will be an informed step though." He closed his eyes briefly and his slender pointed ears twitched slightly.

"Nira is already there, or I suppose I should say Siethenin. I promised him a clean slate but it seems that he is like me. Unable to just move into a phase of idle and peace. They went back to Ayenee to take a look around," he then pointed at the images, "This is what they found," he stated with a slight decline in his tone. "I've noticed some of the other Senators in Yamatai are still active in the military. I have no idea where Taisho Yui would need me but one of my thoughts is that I would, or rather we all would be part of the solution. Yamatai has powerful warships but they lack Leviathans to present any toe-to-toe threat, so I was thinking along with ourselves we offer our War Leviathans to aid in bolstering a response. Worst comes to worst our Leviathans are sacrificed for what they were designed for. Best case scenario we somehow find a peaceful resolution," he said, curious of what their reaction would be. Aelya was right maybe not about being shredded on sight, but to underestimate the Kiri would mean certain death for all involved. If things went south, it could leave Ayenee uninhabitable or worse.

Airwin scoffed at his own mental shift on the subject and quickly switched directions, "Then consider it done Lynria, perhaps you will come to address Mistress Taisho with me when it is time?" he questioned.

AELYA

The red-headed Tal'Cel's ears twitched at hearing Nira was among the living, but also at her brother's ignoring the mental nudge about protecting his resources. This undoubtedly meant he had not even bothered to check up on them. Whatever did or did not happen would be on him then, as it did not fall to her to oversee his finances. "Delightful to hear Nira is among the living and still up to his old antics. There has been a lot of moving about involved for many of our people in adjusting here surely. Probably for the best that they went instead of me." she chuckled darkly.

She was not at all surprised that Airwin wanted to be involved in the resolution. "Have you considered approaching them to initiate a discussion on you joining their military? I am sure Taisho Yui would at the very least need you in an advisory position, possibly in charge of any military involvement that includes our Leviathans." she paused shifting in her seat to cross her legs. "Although one thing still bugs me about all of us getting involved. What is it exactly you think that I am going to do to help resolve this matter hmm?" she said sharply tilting her head to the side. "Offering all of our War Leviathans and leaving nothing here for if the Kiri decide to make a surprise appearance closer to home? Especially after what Minjun did? It would not behoove us to send all of them. Granted the sacrifice of the Leviathans in defense of our people may be what they were made for, but what chance do we have of a peaceful resolution with them? Who do you think would stand a chance of not being slaughtered on sight to even have a chance at this peaceful resolution you speak of?!." she folded her hands atop her crossed legs as she knew darn well it was not her or the cutesie little diplomat he summoned.

Lynira

Lynira watched silently observant of the words and actions of both sides. She knew enough of the Kiri to agree on one thing, peaceful resolution with them would not be an easy task. The diplomat stood dutifully with her hands folded behind her back soaking up all the information she could, because it could be useful in future interactions.

She noticed Airwin's mental shift and her ears twitched as he scoffed.
"As you wish Aestaesys." she nodded. It would be an interesting event going with him to address this Mistress Taisho, whenever it happened. Thoughts of what exactly he saw at that holiday event to bring her along wandered through her mind.

Arina

There was a slight wince from the snow princess, her mind was all over the place and she kept staring at the projections intently, "I might get along with them so well because I am used to being a soldier." Arina sighed, "They also have experience with...similar energies. Perhaps a secret deep-research cooperative? I have a feeling somewhere, someone in the Empire is already trying to unravel Asune if they are that much like us, no? Our hands might help avert disaster if that is the case." They essentially lost their entire civilization to the menace, and she would do whatever she could to help stop that. The young princess was loyal if not anything else.

"I don't want to run anymore." She trusted her father's plan, he was thoughtful and methodical when it came to the lives of others, it helped remind her she was probably more willing to fight a cause that might leave to her death. Why though, definitely never crossed her mind. Surviving had been her only priority for so long.

Airwin made a lofty sigh as he couldn't help but stare out the window onto the still snow-sprinkled space that surrounded the fjord. Aelya and Arina had different views, but he couldn't help but wrestle with the fact that they had done all they could to ensure their people became useful to Yamatai be it joining the Star Army, the Lo'ken Institute, or the many corporations which had hired them; they had still brought a horrible blight upon them, the potential consequences of yet another transuniversal war. "You would have been effective Aelya, don't discount yourself. Let's not forget the motivation you had to rise to where you are now," he said in an attempt to sway her toward a more encouraged outlook which was hard considering the heavy burden it all put on him.

"I've considered it, though I have to admit my vision was never to take that path. I have well over a century of experience and I doubt even our failed victory can count against me knowing the circumstances, but that is the thing - they don't realize who I am yet. They see a broken man with a broken people they've had to extend a lot of charity to, not someone who ruled an Empire that made their dwarf, or someone who is an expert in dealing with matters that have collided with us over the years. They would take my criticism and caution from a different perspective, my hesitation as some kind of lack of faith in their mighty Star Army, rather than the words of someone who made the mistakes they've made too," he added in a more hushed tone. "Offering our War Leviathans, and keeping our promises in regard to the sharing of our technology is paramount. The remaining civilian Arks are due to be joined into a space station above us, but things do not move as quickly as they used to. There are fewer of us, and working at the mere whim of Aestaesys isn't something required anymore and part of me is relieved that it is not. " Airwin crossed his arms and said, "You question what you can do? You do what any Caeyara would do - be prepared to step up, and join our people be it Tsenlanese or Yamataian," he said as she seemed to have lost what he thought of her.

Airwin shook his head at Arina and said, "I love your outlook upon this, I wish I could have the same hopeful thoughts but I know the Kiri and you need to remember that for all intents and purposes, those energies are what some of them have embued for centuries. When Koshiro struck the Craethel and Quell it was not because he wanted to genuinely assist us, it was driven by that Asune nature; that uncontrolled desire to consume, destroy, assimilate and indulge. Like a King who needed to slap his subjects back into line, it merely transformed our enemy from one cause to another but all fed from that cursed place. They aren't trying to unravel Asune, they are it...the embodiment of the most dangerous entities we've encountered yet." Airwin closed his eyes briefly as he couldn't help but miss Sinith in those moments, he longed for that again. Gemetzel's substitution was just that, a substitution and it just made him miss her more.

"My dear diplomat, Lynira. We have such a task ahead of us. We very well may be blamed for starting a war - history is going to remember us and it cannot just be for the plague of conflict," he said, new to the discussion it was likely there would be a time she would need to get her footing.

Arina

The lessons she got from her parents as much as her own time filling her head with it when she was little, before joining a certain agency and later leaving to fight, always helped Arina contextualize, especially with someone who had to lead through, and live through it. It also served to distract her while the cogs turned in her head, "I'd have to go learn a lot more about their technology than I have so far to differentiate the two. I so far assumed aether was drawn from somewhere less..." She shivered, "...inhabited than what we used." If there was just another horror waiting around the bend, it was, as her Dad said, imperative they prevent it.

"We might have come in shambles, but I have to hope they'll listen to earnest expertise and advice, honestly given."
For a younger Empire, they were pretty good at fighting as well, as much as she was starting to introduce herself to their culture, she was also trying to get a read on the political machinations and motivations of everyone she met or saw in the media. It only seemed right for her station, in case she had to wade into the waters herself.

AELYA

Aelya crossed her arms and sat back to listen silently. "Discounting myself is not the issue. Brother let us remember that this is the Kiri and what I choose to do with what's between my legs does not exactly make me their best friend." she said alluding to how she chose to live her life, not that it had done her any good. "If you want to try sending me, then do so. I am simply here to help you with Tsenlan." There was no positive outlook to have in this scenario. Someone had to bring the realism to the conversation, if they did not wish it then she would go along with the fairy tale. She remained quiet for the rest of the conversation as she did not want to make her brother suffer any more than he already was.

LYNIRA

Lynira was mildly confused by Airwin's choice of wording. "Regardless of how we get involved, history will remember us for what we choose to do now. How history remembers us, depends entirely on how we approach the issue at hand." she stated. She also did not see the benefit in the possibility of sending Aelya to the Kiri. Regardless it was not her place to say so, she watched the Aestaesys who seemed to be having a moment. It did not take a genius to surmise that he missed his love, this would be a moment in which said partner could bring great comfort.

Airwin held back for a moment after Arina spoke, he figured that now things had passed it was alright to say something in regard to the stark differences between asune and aether, "They got lucky, like us I'm sure the Yamataians were just seeking an energy technology choice that complimented their level of expansion. They found it, they got lucky and they chose a dimensional energy that didn't have as many strings attached. Had we listened to the Umarians, to begin with, and not gone along with my father's foolish and careless aspiration for total domination we may have had the chance for something better - but retrospective is always clear I suppose," he said. with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

He may have spoken to Arina, but he talked to both of them as he went on. "I have no doubt that Taisho Yui will listen to reason, however, it won't be without confidence which is both the advantage and the weakness. Yamatai has never faced an enemy like the one we will present to them, not to mention most of their population is completely oblivious to even the existence of Ayenee or the fact we're from another universe. They've kept transuniversal operations clandestine. They are powerful but not omnipotent, so different and yet so much like we were," he said, then added, "Think of it this way, how many of them think we're just some rink-dink band of survivors? Do you really think they realize we are from an Empire that spanned 122 star systems across three galaxies? They see us as less than, refugees, which is good for it is what we are but something we can climb from. Either way, we're about to tell them a place we jointly defended for decades is about to fall to another power.

"You're coming with me so is Arina, not just to where I am going in the future but on this little trip with Lynira and I. We have several things to do; bring this information to Taisho Yui and it is time we made a stop at each of the planets that temporarily house our refugees. Our faces need to be seen, and our actions are about to paint a picture that will define Tsenlan," he said to Aelya specifically and then looked to Arina, "I want you to hold on with your plans, after all, if I end up joining the Star Army I'm going to want you with me on the Leviathans."

Airwin hadn't said anything to Aelya's first comment, after a minute he said, "I don't see the Kiri as the rulers of anything between anyone's legs, they've always had their choice words about our family's relations and sexual activities. If such a thing were to come up it would be in poor taste of diplomacy on their part," he smiled just a little as he said it. He then swung the verbal bat so-to-say, and chipped in with, "Also it would be a shame if they criticized you and I just happened to decide to chat about how much Cheol has succeeded in the last few years." He dropped it just like that, a show that the fire within had not totally been extinguished.

AELYA

Aelya sat quietly and listened as he discussed some technology differences with Arina. He seemed to have forgotten this asune and aether like business was the very reason she went "missing" for a decade. Perhaps he simply did not notice she had been gone, given the state he had been in she could not blame him.

When he stated that she would be accompanying him and Arina her attention snapped up to glare at him. "As you wish Aestaesys." she said curtly moving her gaze back away from the man. Clearly he had lost his mind if he thought having her close to Arina was a good idea. "I will behave as such that it will paint the picture of what you wish Tsenlan to be." she stated not meeting his gaze.

Her eyes shot wide at the little nugget he dropped about Cheol. She tilted her head to the side and looked back over to him. "Oh my." she said in a state of calm that should be concerning. "Well unless you send me to talk to them I guess they do not have the chance to criticize such things directly." she smirked a little.

LYNIRA

Lynira observed the goings on some of which she had knowledge of, some of which she did not. She did wonder from the reactions of Aelya and the state of Arina if it was necessarily wise to have them work so closely together on something after what happened not too long ago. However, it was not her call to make and she had not been asked for advice on the matter, thus it was not her place to interject.

She shifted weight on her feet a little due to standing still for so long and almost fell when Airwin made the little comment about Cheol. She had seen the handsome norian at the holiday fest, but never had a chance to actually meet. Seemed like someone had been swinging their bat where they were not supposed to be.

Arina​

The second youngest in the room tilted in her seat to one side, "I am? Does she want to meet with a junior officer? I did my share of the fighting before, but you're the more eloquent statesperson, obviously." She cast a sad smile to Aelya and then let all the air deflate from her. "I can't say it's not an exciting prospect, though I wish the circumstances were better. I'll keep my training up, and that includes Leviathan systems." She imagined what that would be like for a second, and it caused her to smile. The path was becoming a bit more clear, and especially after one of their previous meetings she felt the urge to support her Dad as best as she could. If that meant also serving as part of their new home in the same shot? Killer.

"Would they consent to us running some kind of public relations campaign? We can always just say we're from very far away, another galaxy, or sssomething like that? Or will that invite undue questions?", The gap between the credebility he described was a matter of perspective and knowledge, and if they didn't touch upon their transuniversal travel, maybe it would all work out? It would mostly be the truth, anyway. That satisfied the former intelligencer enough.

Airwin said to Aelya after a moment of contemplation, "I have no doubt you will present yourself to Tsenlan's standards, sister. For now, all we need is some kind of presence and this meeting with Yui will be a way to make that happen. Just from the civilian seat, I can't do much. Yamatai understands war, but we understand this potential enemy, as well as its motivations," he took a final long drink of his tea and then set the mug down.

"Going with me, meaning you will be coming to Yamatai with me. Not necessarily into her office. I also want to visit the construction site for the Cultural Center, and the refugee towns in various systems before anything is decided. Regardless of you being Star Army bound or not Arina, you're royalty and our faces need to be seen by our people," he addressed his daughter. "We don't need a public relations campaign, we just need to do our best. If we end up taking Leviathans to Ayenee our goal will be to stop a possible war, not stir one. Even if that is a daunting task with the Kiri involved," he looked to Arina, "The only reason I'm asking you to hold off on going, is because if this happens - I will want you on the Leviathans with us," he added.

"Does anyone have anything they want to talk about? Maybe clear up before we set off again into matters bigger than us?" he asked, he knew what he wanted, and hopefully, they would catch on before he was forced to purposefully insert himself.

AELYA

Aelya's smirk fell into a frown when Arina directed a sad smile to her. The expression on her face once again resembled that of expressionless stone as the Tal'Cel's hands found their way into on of the pockets on her robe. There was some measure of comfort in this chaos when her fingers grazed the pen. She winced a little at the memories of the man who it had belonged to. The first person to make her smile, laugh, and truly feel cared for. Who also was the one man she presently could not have. It solidified to her that she was destined to never have love for herself.

She withdrew her hand now that she had collected what senses remained within her. Her hands fell to rest back in her lap atop each other as she listened to Airwin. When he brought up the obvious elephant in the room her hand shot right back to her comfort item, this time taking it out to hold. Caressing the pen in her hands she pondered for a moment before ruby orbs looked up to meet his gaze. "Aestaesys, this is neither the time or the place to discuss this. One life matters not when billions are on the line." she said subsequently staring off into space.

LYNIRA

Lynira felt a bit out of place when things turned from discussions of the task ahead to more personal matters. She knew quite well the last question aimed at the two other women in the room was not meant for her. Her head dipped slightly as if to signify staying out of this, without interfering to ask for permission to leave.

The look Arina got back made her wince a little, though she still looked kind of melancholy when she looked back to Airwin and nodded her head. "Well, spending more time in the capital will be good for being seen doing what we should be doing. Our people here obviously can benefit, and the other places there are pockets." She considered, wrinkling her nose in thought. After a pause she replied, "I am more than willing to assist. I'm uncertain how well I will be able to compared to the rest of you, but you'll have my best. I do not have any other thoughts or questions for now." It was hard for her to tell if she was relieved that she might not have to meet the Mistress Taisho, or not.

• 12 hours Later

Saleloria, Kyoto's Riverside District​

Balcony River Facing​

Airwin had not slept, not on the transport from Akina, and not since they arrived at the family home in Riverside. He spent the night on the balcony overlooking the Ketsurui river alone, his feet propped up on the railing. They probably wondered why he had not brought Gemetzel, rather he just didn't have the capacity for that kind of substitution right now. He savored a bit of chacelle, the depleting stocks of it were not going to last long; an odd motivation in the proposal he had for the Taisho the next day. He had specifically asked for Aelya to come to join him once she had finished whatever it was that she needed to do; he had yet to discuss with his sister anything in detail. It seemed things swam in complexity. He felt bad that he even had an opinion on her personal life, and he was still in debate about what he was going to say. He closed his eyes and rested the back of his head against the plush of the chair's back as he listened to the gurgle of the river as it still pushed through the build-up of ice and snow, at least the temperature was still nice. How many Norians had shocked their new friends by bathing in that frozen river? It brought him a little contentment to focus on those small things. The dark cloud that had him at the lodge was still there, it was never nice to be the bearer of bad news. He just had to have faith in that strategy, that building friendship that had thus far worked in the favor of all involved.

His first victory in the Senate had left him wanting; he had a slowly growing list of legislations he had hoped to present. It was the tip of the iceberg though, he had so much to learn. He waited for Aelya, hopefully, she had another bottle to add to the offering, he had almost finished the one he had opened. He just wanted to forget, just wanted to numb the pain just a little.

Kitchen​

Naelui sat on the countertop with her legs over the side, the heels of her shoes tapped against the cupboard. "Ever get the feeling father might actually be enjoying this?" she asked her sister as she picked up the bowl and dipped the chops sticks in awkwardly to secure some noodles to slurp up. She had convinced herself that this was the way the Yamataians ate noodles, it had to be, even if her chopstick usage was as far left from the center as one could get. "I think he wants to go back to Ayenee, and I think it's because he's determined it will be the only thing that will take his mind off mother," she said, another slurp, a sideways look towards Arina.

"You know he was trying to get you and Aelya to talk earlier, right?" she asked, "Got to love emotions," she wondered if Lynira was going to join them.

Saleloria, Kyoto's Riverside District​

Aelya - Aelya's Room​

Aelya flopped onto her bed letting out a loud groan. Her fists hit the bed forcefully filled with frustration at the situation. The fists released as her fingers brushed over the sleeves of her aest vyrdi. She had not gotten any rest on the transport over from the lodge and she doubt she would at any point tonight. Ever since the discussions prior to her departure she had not been forced to live back in this situation. Now all that had changed, especially since her brother needed everyone to work together for the good of Tsenlan. With a heavy sigh she sat up and straightened her robes. Airwin had requested that she join him on the balcony when she finished what she needed to. However, she really had nothing to do other than unpack and right now a drink was in order.

Tsenlan stood of the highest importance to the Aest and their people so she would just have to figure something out. She reached her hand under her pillow to see if what she had left for a special occasion remained. Upon reaching under her pillow her hand bumped into the bottle of chacelle, which on any other day would have brought a smile to her face, but today it did not. "I am going to need a drink." she whispered to herself. She pulled the bottle from its chill hiding place and made her way off to balcony with it.

Aelya - Balcony River Facing​

Aelya walked out onto the balcony pausing just a moment to let the crisp evening air wash over her. Ruby orbs fell to see Airwin resting in a chair. Softly she made her way over to where he was and plopped down next to him without a word. She set the bottle of chacelle down in front of them, "Figured we could use a drink." she said leaning a over a little to open the bottle. Seeing as he elected to drink right out of the bottle she would do the same, not like they were afraid of sharing straight from the bottle. If he did feel some kind of way about it he would let her know. Deftly she took a swig from the bottle and set it back down and leaned back against the chair looking up into the sky. She remained quiet as things soaked in giving him time to decide what happened next.

Lynira - Lynira's Room​

Lynira really had not gotten the opportunity to rest after the discussion had concluded. Immediately after things wrapped up she rushed to pack her few belongings to make it back in time to travel to Saleloria with the Caeyaras. She really did not know what to do next, there were a great many things she needed to get done. She needed to unpack, familiarize herself with her room and the grounds. However all she wanted to do right now was relax and seeing as there were no tasks for her that night, that is exactly what she did. The aqua haired norian traded her maejaes vyrdi for a cute, short little dress and launched herself onto her new bed.

As she laid there in her bed she realized in the rush of the day she had not had the chance to eat. She figured this was the perfect time to go figure out with the kitchen was located. Roll-hopping off the bed she found a suitable pair of wedges and put them on. Happily she bounced off to the kitchen unaware of what she may find.

Lynira -Kitchen​

Lynira bounced in right at the tail end of Naelui's comment about Airwin trying to get Arina and Aelya to talk earlier. She slowed her pace coming to a soft stop "Oh I apologize if I am interrupting something. Sol'Volaer, would you like me to come back another time?" she asked while she took a moment to look at both women in the vicinity.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back