• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Tsenlan] Reading Post Cards and Nature Pictures

Saleloria, Kyoto's Riverside District​

Kitchen​

The other Norian in the kitchen leaned over the counter next to her sister. She felt somewhat better, and only woke up with a nightmare once before they got to the capital. Her elbows were on the counter, close enough to lightly touch Naelui's thigh with her arm. She ate with only slightly more grace using a matching pair of chopsticks, swaying sometimes as if in time with the kicking that slightly vibrated the countertop. "Mnhyeaah...we could all use a little distraction from that, or, honestly I probably did more grieving than he did. There's so much going on, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a way to cope. I am not sure I'm as good at supporting him as you or the others."

Arina looked positively stupefied when she took in the last thing she heard, only to see Lynira walk in as she let out a soft, "...oh no. I thought I was just supposed to give her more room. It is hard enough to know how she feels when you're Vesper is intertwined sometimes, let alone now. Nooooooo." She eeked out while putting her face in her hands, chopsticks sticking out in front of her. "You'refineorwhatevershewants." She deferred to Naelui so her brain could get reeled back in. It was like that obvious nugget was some kind of creature on a leash yanking her off the track her mind had been on in the easier conversation they had so far.

Saleloria, Kyoto's Riverside District​

Kitchen​

LYNIRA

Lynira tilted her head to the side concerned for Arina. "I am not quite sure what all this is about, but would a hug help?" she offered. It seemed like the least she could do to help the princess in distress. The last few months had been eventful for everyone, not to mention occurrences prior to their arrival. Sometimes just a little comfort and kindness would go along way.

Balcony​

Airwin gave a slight smile as his sister sat down, "I was just thinking, Sinith would have loved it here. She would have been stubborn in making sure I enjoyed every little thing Yamatai had to offer. I'd kill for a stupid bowl of mushroom soup," he said in reflection, his arguments over the soup seemed petty now. He hated it, but now he would do anything just to have some. "...Anyway enough of my sad thoughts, I thought maybe you would want to talk a little bit about what happened?" he asked curious about what she had experienced in her short time away. "I probably should have handle things a little differently in the office, but I was having trouble just getting through the conversations," he said in admission.

The Aestaesys sipped his chacelle, a quiet moment of savor as the bubbly red fluid hit his throat.

Kitchen​

Naelui shrugged a little, the back of her heels clanged lightly against the cupboards below. "He didn't grieve, he melted down once and sunk himself back into his work. He's going to wait until the time is right, even if it might be facilitated by something else," she said, then thought about the other topic for a moment. "More room? Let's be real, everyone is not acting at their best right now. We're all grieving, be it about mom or the trillions we lost. Two wrongs don't make a right but two wrongs made by people stricken by their situation, time will fix it. You will see, that's if you want to see," she said.

"Lynira, a hug would help! Exactly what she needs, a big fat hug and a wallop over the head," the Sol Volaer said with a giggle. "If you're giving out hugs though, I could go for one too. I'm exhausted, but I'm not going to bed before I know that whatever is being discussed outside is done."

Kitchen​

"You're right, I was trying to be kind. It is not my forte. I just hope when it comes one of us at least is there. If he's surrounded by others I don't know if it will you know, work. I'm not as good at masking things as the rest of you, but he's definitely better-well, if you don't know him. We did come from him after all." Saying that only made her think about their mother again. Trillions in one person almost, though there were so many people she felt deserved to escape more than she had.

"Do not hit me I'll get excited." She replied in a glum huff into her hands. "I hope you're right. It will be hard to do things if she's upset, and you know, I don't much like feeling like this." Her eyes moved to the side, even though they were covered. "I'll work on that in a second. Hugging, right. I am interested to know how things pan out too, I can always come bother you when you're asleep if you want. I got more of it than you did." There was a recognizable sound of noodles being slurped haphazardly from Arina a quiet moment after that.

Balcony​

Aelya
Aelya turned from her view of the sky to that of her brother. "She would have absolutely loved it." she said with a soft sigh. "In fact I am almost certain she would have already found the best of both mushroom and tomato soups that Yamatai had to offer. If you want I can look around and see what they have? Some mushroom soup would be perfect right now." With a defeated sigh she sat up and took another swig of chacelle, "I am your sister for goodness sake, this is what I am here for, to listen to you." she paused again. "It is kind of hard to talk about what went down without sounding like it is neglecting what you are going through. I do not want to discount the fact that you went from mourning to dealing with what happened after. It is not fair to you in the slightest. At the same time, one of all two people I trusted implicitly endangered my life and also encouraged a stranger in the matter. The shosa.....followed after to me to check up on me and make sure I was okay. As quick as things may have seemed to progress....he made me smile, he made me laugh. For a moment I thought maybe, just maybe one day I could have what you had." she said while taking another swig from the bottle and setting it down. Her hands crossed in her lap and she looked back to him, "I came back for professional reasons, not personal ones. I came back, because things were unfolding in a way that could reflect negatively on Tsenlan if I had stayed any longer." she collapsed back against the seat with a soft sigh.

She could forgive him for how he handled that last meeting, that much was certain. Her arms folded underneath her chest, the sleeves draped downward.
"I personally would not have handled things in that manner, but I understand you have an incomprehensible amount of responsibility on your plate and that little distraction of yours is not helping you either." she looked over at him with a raised eyebrow. Of course she had caught wind of him and Gemetzel cuddled up. It was one thing to heal, another completely to have a distraction to avoid the pain. She sat up to face him and narrowed her eyes, "Wherever this little thing goes, I better not lose you." she said with a twinge of darkness and fire in her eyes. Granted her nephew and nieces were alive, but in reality Airwin was all she really had left.

Kitchen​

LYNIRA

Lynira giggled a bit twitching her ears at the walloping comment. She slipped over and gave Arina a big squishy hug then released the sad princess. Deftly she hopped over to Naelui giving her a squishy hug to. After all the hugs had been doled out she hopped up on the cupboard next to the Sol'Volaer. "I would never hit either of you upside the head, a playful spank....at most." she said with a smile to the women with her. "Guess I will be staying here hanging out with you two until that is settled." she crossed one ankle in front of the other gripping the counter, one hand on each side of her. "Now to get fuel for this late night. What would you lovely ladies recommend?" she asked playfully.

Last edited:

Balcony​

Airwin couldn't help but be a little bit bitter about everything, there was even part of him now that had started to regret the more docile decisions he made, "You don't need to dull the point for make sake, sister. No one else has, that is for certain. I'm going to need your unfiltered position. I find myself concerned with my temptations to dull this ache I feel within. Not that I've done anything mind you, it is just the temptation is there, some nights a strong bottle makes a better substitution than an actual one." The Norian leader had centuries of experience, and still escape was the most tempting out. "A situation that would reflect badly upon Tsenlan, I suppose it is good that opinion takes the more simple route that although we've made leaps and bounds things were moving a little too fast," he offered a slight smile as he took a drink of his chacelle.

"This storm developing in Ayenee is such a mixed bag of possibilities. Part of me is appalled that the Kiri assimilated our enemies, and at the same time, I can't help but wonder if standing upon the balconies of a palace in K'ctha-Zoth has a little more dignity to it," he said with a laugh, "It might be better than being verbally attacked by a poorly composed politician that is so caught up in their argument with another party, they see everyone in the same light." Airwin laughed again with a shake of his head, "A reminder that just because a society is advanced, the ascension of stupid is still a possibility," he gave his bottle a slight swish back and forth, "The chacelle is running out, a good sign that idle is not my strength, hope you brought enough to share," he said.

Airwin signed, "I guess I call my bluff, the real reason I wish Sinith was here was the fact she made dealing with it all easier."

Kitchen​

Naelui smiled at Arina's reaction, "You interrupt my sleep and you might find out what I inherited from mother, nothing good can come out of waking me up. Father certainly has learned, I am not myself without that morning ice-cold shower and a cup of tea." She then pointed at the door that led out to the balcony, "I'm prepared for just about anything, even if the sum of this situation hand turns out just to be father's desire to be useful, or needed." The threat was real, but at the same time, she knew involvement was something volunteered not expected or forced.

"Fuel for the late night? I am starting to think hanging around here like a guard dog is a bad idea. I think maybe we should go to that Brew Pub place and drink ourselves silly, it is not like there is enough chacelle in the house for us and them. I'm no lightweight, Aunt Gemetzel taught me how to drink, drank poor Aerum order the table more than once," she said to Lynira and Arina. "Whose up for some beer and food?"

Kitchen​

"It's hard to be scared of anything anymore...other than them." Arina winced when she brought them up again, "Sorry." The chopsticks clattered into her bowl when she felt Lynira hug her, and she heaved a sigh out though it seemed more as if she was letting something out as she reached back to touch her sides lightly. Before they parted she gave her a squeeze, and lifted her face up to look at her hugging Naelui. Once she was done, the princess with red cheeks (from smooshing her face in her palms) went to hug her sister, kind of from the middle, so below her head.

"That's a great idea. We can probably meet some people, and ask how they live an' get very drunk with them. I could eat a ton right now for some reason." She glanced to her half-finished noodles. "Yeah, let us go!"

Balcony​

Aelya

Aelya rolled her eye sassily, "Yes, but brother I am not everyone else." she said sticking her tongue out at him. He made a fair point, others probably dulled things for him due to his position. Unfortunately for him, he was also her brother, as such he got things rather unfiltered from her. "If you are concerned with these temptations, I will make it my personal duty to not let you leave my sight, awkward or not. I would rather you be annoyed at me, than to lose you to.....that." she said as her whole body shivered. This alleged actual substitution of his would do more harm then good if allowed to stick around.

That last statement of his caught her rather off guard, her eyes shot open wide with shock and she tilted her head. Since when did he become so concerned with her less than wholesome personal business? Her cheeks turned red and her ears twitched furiously. With a huff she side-eyed him while moving to take another sip of chacelle. "From what I have seen so far, it really is a mixed bag. There is only one condition on which I would willingly stand on those balconies though. Hopefully it does not come to that." she shuddered at the thought of such an occurrence. "Unfortunately dear brother, such things will follow wherever we go," she smirked in response to his statement about the politician. "How does one rise to such a position with that mentality?" she tilted her head curiously. "Stupid is a plague that is never-ending, there is no being rid of it I am afraid." with that she heard his nearly empty bottle and handed hers over. "Idle does neither of us any good. In fact being left up to my own devices is not good for anyone at this point." she smirked a little. Aelya smiled warmly, "She did handle the idiots rather well. Is there anything I can do to help, other than to not act like one myself?" she asked.

Kitchen​

LYNIRA

Lynira's eyes widened, "You two can drink yourselves silly and I will be your designated walker!" she giggled excitedly. The conversation outside would undoubtedly be one best held between the two participants currently out there. At least she could keep an eye on Naelui and Arina while they were out in town. She hopped off the table and fixed her short little dress. "I am positively hangry, shall we?" she looked to the both of them. Hopefully no one had caught a glimpse of anything un-wholesome when she hopped off the counter.

Balcony​

"The temptations are there. I mean I have not given in it yet, but the desire to inject myself with some momentary relief comes and goes. My list of love for things in this new life is long, but the fact still remains, what I lived for has vanished," Airwin sighed a little as he considered the impact that it would have if his resolve failed him, "That exactly why I need you, sister. If anything someone who knows enough about me to talk me away from the blissful ambrosia of the voids allure," his words led to a momentary silence as he considered the other topic at hand.

The Aestaesys shrugged and said sharply, "How does one become so sick in their own short-sighted beliefs that find enemies where there are none? Simply mental illness unchecked. I'm sure Jun would have an explanation of it all short of whatever silver spoon and augmented view of reality would make someone act like that." It was rare Airwin provided such analysis to things but it was how he was wired, and it had been a long time since he could just speak on the things that affected him, "I suppose we have to observe some people carefully, while we handle things with a glove of maybe sarcastic gentleness. We forget that facing extinction toe-to-toe eliminates idiots from our leagues. I will let it rest though, I won't judge one nation on the actions of someone who obviously a fringe minority with an impulse control issue," he reached over, took her bottle of chacelle, and had himself a sip. "I'll be ready to verbally slap it in the next legislation I propose," he concluded.

"Aelya I think you underestimate your value sometimes, perhaps that is why you were so ready to seek new horizons. Clouded in trend, there were those who saw you as a mere puppet to push out children, but I gave you that title based on your merit. You're my sister and a Tal'Cel. For obvious reasons we may mute the importance of our royal family now, obviously as guests and new citizens, we can't go flexing about the royal privilege we no longer have. To Tsenlan you mean something, to me you mean something," he said with a wholehearted tone.

On the Way to Tokyo Brewing Company​

Naeliu mumbled, "Regular meals are something we're not the only ones lacking, we should probably remember some takeout for father and Aelya; whatever happens we need to get some normalcy back in our lives. I've eaten one too many instant noodles in the past few months. My next trip to Jun might bring me a nightmare otherwise," she joked as she walked down the street with her sister and Lynira.

"You don't drink Lynira? I'd be careful volunteering as my designated walker. I tend to land myself in mischief when I'm drunk and I'm sure Arina here is no different," she joked with the diplomat, who was quickly becoming a friend. "Arina, try to make sure I don't take you both to bed tonight, I'm horrible at those morning-after conversations and if you wake up before the sun comes up, I'm liable to just push you both on the floor," she said in amusement.

The TBC BrewPub was not far, the luxury of Riverside was that most things were within walking distance. "Oh, wow. Look at that place," Nalui regarded Kaiko Park. "Yamatai has such beauty, we should take a walk through there sometime during the daylight," she observed the magnificent place in awe of its visible ornate landscape.

Balcony​

Aelya
Airwin's words of losing what he lived for ripped her heart out and made her want to give him the biggest hug. "You are all I have left to live for," she whispered sadly. Swiftly she shook her head clearing her senses and offered a weak smile. "I am not sure how well I would be able to talk you out of anything, but I do always keep a shoe pretty handy. Also, I am not afraid to drag you somewhere if need be," she said with her eyes narrowed at him again. Her head tilted curiously when he changed topics.

His words made her smirk just a touch, "I am sure Jun would have recommend some kind of....resort for such a scenario." Her ears twitched trying to stifle dark laughter. "We should always observe things and people carefully, especially in these new surroundings." she nodded in agreement and followed him with her eyes as he accepted the chacelle. "In regards to your next legislation, I know you will do amazing." she said with a definitive nod of agreement.

The next thing he said brought her emotions to a barely containable level. Her fingers curled up gripping her robe at the knees. She was stunned, hurt, and furious at what he said. Was he trying to get an outburst from her? Fiery emotion flared in her eyes as she did not quite know how to react. It took all her restraint to sit and listen to the rest of his words. Much of which were true, but the first part was still stuck with her. His last sentence ripped her into a state of shock. She got out of her seat and gave him the biggest squishy hug ever. After a couple seconds she released him to return to her own seat.

Lynira

Lynira listened to Naelui mumble about takeout and Jun while they walked to the Tokyo Brewing Company. "Instant noodles are more often than not the only things I have time to eat nowadays." she chirped into the conversation. This was quite possibly the first time she had ever gone out in such a manner. "Occasionally I do." she smiled. "Good thing I have two arms, you each can use one for balance to get home if that turns out to be the case." Her eyes shot open wide at the topic of bedding. "Well there is a first time for everything I guess, I will try to make it back to my own bed tonight though. Would hate to get in trouble the first night on the job." she chuckled recovering from shock. Her head turned in the direction of Kaiko Park to see what Naelui had mentioned. "That is gorgeous! I agree we definitely need to go there sometime," she cooed

An arm slid into Naelui's and linked there as Arina shot her a little smile, not missing a step on their way to the Tokyo Brewing Company. "Well now I think you must have heard, or you just made a really good guess." She turned a smile to a few of the people passing them that gave them looks, and then openly replied, "I'm happy to end up in there but if you try to push me off you'll probably come with me. Then we'll just have to go again on the floor, I guess!" There was a glance to Lynira, "If it becomes too much of a burden we could just get a transport the short way."

Following their gaze to the park, she asked, "Oh is it not open at night? Too much possible fun in there or something?"

Saleloria Balcony​

Airwin gave a short nod to his sister's words. He had complete confidence she would use that shoe if it was needed. For now, he managed the urges and temptations alone. He wished he could have just a safe way to escape everything -- maybe he just needed purpose again. "It's up to me to show our new friends our resolve, our dedication to the preservation of life itself. At times we will likely come up with resistance because we've faced things they have not, and assume they never will. Here we are, the keepers of a gateway to life and death, who would have imagined?" he questioned with a bit of a chuckle.

"You have far more potential than anyone realizes," he said in affirmation as he hugged her back just as tightly. "Not a bad hugger either," he said with a confident tone. "It is time we got back to life, even with all of this in front of us - we have a path to cut, a nation within a nation to define, and a culture to preserve," he uncoiled his arms from her and reached for the chacelle again. "...but we can work on all that tomorrow," he said as he lifted the bottle towards the gurgling Ketsurui River.

"I think it is open all the time, but I figured we would want to see it the way it is meant to be seen, rather than prowling around in the dark like a band of thieves," Naelui said to her sister's question about the park's hours of operations.

"Trouble, Lynira is our middle name. Trouble and..." she paused for a moment, "...and here we are the Tokyo Brewing Company." She pointed at the building before them it was a typical TBC Brewpub with a patio that overlooked the Ketsurui River. "Let's try to order something other than the Leviathan Ale, don't want the locals thinking we're a bunch of selfish prudes who buy the beer named after them," she said as she held the door open for them. The establishment was busy as expected, with tables being waited and a rather healthy number of off-duty Star Army soldiers.

Saleloria Balcony - AELYA​

Aelya mulled over Airwin's words and released a surprised squeal when he returned her hug with equal intensity. Truth be told she was quite caught off guard. "Th...Thankyou?" she stammered in response to his comment on hug quality. She shuffled back over to her seat with wide eyes, tilted head and twitchy ears. "You are quite the hugger as well." she managed to stutter out still in shock that he hugged her. With a plop her rear end planted itself back into her seat as she tapped the side of her face thoughtfully.

Shortly after a moment of recovery she approached his pre-squish statement. "It is up to us, not just you. I am here with you in this. Where do you suggest we start? I mean if it is to show them our resolve, your plan to meet with Yui would be the first step in that I think. Then from there it falls like dominoes....with contingency plans of course. It is not as hard to imagine as you might think it is." she paused. Her eyes flitted back to him as he lifted the chacelle, "What do you propose we do with the rest of this evening then?" she inquired.

On the Way to Tokyo Brewing Company - LYNIRA​

Lynira smiled at Arina's words, "I am not so easily scared off," she said with a playful wink. "Yes, why during the day? What happens there at night?" she inquired of Naelui in concurrence with the Volaer's question. The dark haired woman's response made her smile, "Fair enough, that could be seen as a wee bit shifty." she stated with a chuckle. Her eyes followed the Sol'Volaer's pointed finger to the building.

Gleefully she hopped and twirled in a circle. "We're here!" she hollered. "Now to be fair, the Leviathan Ale is exquisite. Even elicited butt wiggles from me at a recent holiday event. However, I am certain there are plenty of other delicious beverages. I am positively starving, lets get some food before I start looking..." her gaze drifted off to the assortment of off-duty Star Army soldiers.

Tokyo Brewing Company​

"From the trouble Ysi." Arina joked while peering around the busy pub. "Do you think we seat ourselves or?" Her eyes were already distracted by the presence of the large list of what was currently on tap. "I will have to try a sample of everything. That's the only way to tell what I want." The way Lynira spoke about food made her stomach more vocal about the prospect of food, or was it what she half-ate in the kitchen while waiting to hear what would happen?

"It is a short walk back, it would be a shame not to find out exactly what to drink for whatever mood you have, at least from their particular brand of wares, and all." The chance to stretch her legs on the way there was enough for her, if she were being honest with herself. Once they approached one of the staff members she realized the answer to her original question when they got themselves a bow from the station.

"There are three of us."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back