• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Tsumi] Star Splitter, SS Tube and Tsumium

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
denied

I honestly don't know what I need to say, bar that it's good stuff and anything we discussed? Do I need to say approved for Tsumi use? Or does club need to do that?

Approved for Tsumi if it matters.

How are any of these linked to the Neshaten? I see no mention in-article of the Nesh.

Each wiki page noticeably lacks links to much outside of linking to Tsumi, you might want to start connecting these things to other stuff on the wiki and the other questions I have might be answered before I even need to ask them.

Since the Tsumi are, considering they have not arrived yet, a subfaction of Neshaten. So they fall under FM approval of Neshaten. Or so I thought.

What IQ said, I felt like the fact that the Tsumi are a subfaction of the Neshaten was enough on its own

I haven't had to link anything on the Galactic Horizon submissions stating they are in Neshland because it says on their page they are in Neshland.

Okay, I didn't see Neshaten linked on the Tsumi page at all or in Neshaten FM planning, but in the Tsumi's approval thread they were talked about as being Nesh's sub-faction. I didn't read the history pages of the OG approval thread, just the species page itself, which makes no Nesh mention. Which history page would best deliver the Neshaten's involvement to me as a reader, since there are a few? Basically, where can I find the Nesh mention on the wiki in regards to how Tsumi know them? Or is it a planned thing (please post in FM board if this is the case)? Regardless, I need to read up on their relation to the Neshaten and wouldn't feel super comfy reviewing this until I do, so another reviewer is more than welcome to step in as I acquaint myself with the lore.

The issue is, that there is currently no IC relation between the two. The Tsumi fleet, after the extinction level event, will wander and ultimately touch down on a Neshaten controlled system. I apologize for not posting up an FM board thread since I've been busy, but I've discussed this with Kyle and clubbo respectively :)

I think the name "Star Killer" should be changed to something else because it could possibly be confused with entities in the Star Wars universe.

While it's a point I don't really agree with, I know where you're coming from @Wes both with reference to Galen Marek, AKA Starkiller as well as naming semenatics in general.

However, I don't see how a rogue sith operative turned jedi could be confused with a grenade platform of varied size.

I honestly did not even think of SW when reading over the article myself. Credit where credit's due. This is @SirSkully 's submission. He provided the ideas and wrote it all out.

@FrostJaeger Starkiller as a name doesn't attribute to the damage potential, but rather the inner mechanism, detonation due to nuclear fusion. So I'm not sure starbuster would work.

Ultimately, it's @SirSkully 's call as the creator and submitter. Not mine as the race approval stamper :p

I feel like it's an okay enough adjective/name. I'm really nitpicky about this sort of thing and it never even crossed my mind when I read through the submission on my own, not for review. I'll agree that it might be a bit iffy, but Star Wars definitely wasn't something that came to mind. However, with that said, Wes has a good point and I don't think that in his place I'd want to risk Disney's ire.

I'll admit, starwars wasn't in mind when I named it and it is kinda iffy even though Starkiller is a person and Star Killer is a kind of munition but I'll go change the name I guess

Cool, @IQ, just have that in your mind for when you can post it on the FM board in the future. Thanks!

I am just going to tag reviewers I think can take this (Frost is focusing on shadow duties for the next few days): @Legix @raz @Alex Hart @Rizzo

I don't see an issue with this although i think weapon and ammo could be one sub and material as another one since they are different things, i only skimmed so im assuming the weapon or ammo or both is made with this material.

One other thing, you might want to edit the link for the weapon from ss to sk as the current link is broken.

Overall so long as its greenlighted by a reviewer then I don't see a reason to deny it, from what I can remember the Tsumi are a warmongering style people so as long as the warmongering stays on their little planet or system or whatever it is you worked out with kyle there won't be an army of foxies trying to kill them all.

And I can't just give you a banner either, i've put in the request despite the fact I'm still trying to work on several things which i'd planned to do before that so just have some patience now

What makes Tsumium different than other existing armor materials like Durandium? I am kind of worried it is another armor material in SARP that is both redudant function-wise and also only used by some particular faction. SARP is already crowded with these "ForMyFactionOnly-um" super-materials and I feel like I should start drawing a line to prevent to problem from worsening.

Honestly? just for variety - this material could easily be replaced with Durandium but idk, different factions having different materials that do the same thing isn't a bad thing imo.

Half the guns on the site do the same thing as other guns and they aren't being torn down.

Also as a side note, I submitted another material BEFORE I saw your reply, but it isn't just fancy steel.

And, well, there's also no way a race of aliens that just happened to touch down, speaks no trade, nor yamataigo, nor the language Neshaten speaks(the name slips my mind), to just so happen to be able to forge Durandium and know the composition and how to treat it.

I also would agree with Skully, increased variety for different races, with metals that do somewhat the same, though functions differently, is in my opinion, a good thing. It makes sense for races to have their own metals and such and it thematically fits.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back