• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Tsumi] Star Splitter, SS Tube and Tsumium

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree that redundancy is not always good but this isn’t really redundant, different planets will definitely have different materials, and its not so much a super special tsuni only thing but rather is just a material they have access to on their planet

Can we get a reviewer or checklist please? Ame has stated she won't take it and tagged four quite a bit ago.

If one of the moderators doesn't take this this weekend, I will try to get it down myself.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ? ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. The article for Tsumium doesn't really explain what sort of metal it is, what makes it so strong yet light, or how it's produced/refined. I personally find it a little annoying when things such as what makes something strong or good or light or all around superior to something else aren't explained.

What makes it superior/stronger and lighter than steel? Why can't anyone else make it? Is it only found on the Tsumi's world, or is it made through manufacturing techniques which give it its strength, but no one else knows said manufacturing techniques? With many materials on SARP, exclusivity is because of the rarity of required elements used to produce a material, or because the design is secret. With Tsumium, I don't see any real explanation for this.

2. I'm not quite sure how to handle the variable armor level. From what I understand, generally that seems to indicate how protective a given amount of armor would be, but the impression I get is that when you say light-heavy, you guys mean adding more improves the armor strength. Correct me if I'm wrong though so that I can better figure out how to handle that.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Note:
As for the issue of Tsumium's redundancy within the setting; I can understand wanting something unique to your faction, however, I think that it is not improbable that the Tsumi might have come across Durandium and reverse engineered it. Additionally, there's nothing wrong with using normal materials from the real world too.

Anyhow, that's just my two cents on the matter.

The part that was labeled Note was meant to be a note ,not an instruction. As I said in my post, that was my two cents on the situation which Wes brought up.

Similar to what I said here, I'd recommend changing the destination namespace of the submission articles to species:tsumi:weapons: (or species:tsumi:guns:) for the SS Tube and species:tsumi:ammunition: for the Star Splitter, as Wes told me in the past (when I was asking about moving the Nepleslian articles to the faction:nepleslia: namespace) that namespaces on the wiki shouldn't be more than three deep.

Generally, that's not how armor is measured as far as I can tell. From what I understand, protectivity is measured by how much protection you get given the same amount of material. So for instance, compared to something like a thin sheet of Durandium, which would offer comparatively light protection for an arbitrary amount, how much protection would Tsumium offer with the same amount of material?

Given that Tsumium ranges from light to heavy, my suspicion would be that it also offers light protection given the same arbitrary amount of material as the Durandium example. Obviously, when you start to use more, your end result might be a unit with medium or heavy armor even though the material you're using offers light protection.

Please do not include anything but species info in the species: namespace.

Weapons can go under a faction namespace, corp:manufacturer: or items:weapons:

Alright, that looks better, but I've still got a question as to why only the Tsumi can make it. Are they the only ones who have access to the physical material because it only occurs on their homeworld or in their territory? Are they the only ones who know how to work the metal? I do ideally want at least a brief explanation for why it's exclusive.

I swear I remember answering this but regardless here is my answer:

At the moment the Tsumi's new planet doesn't have a name - so I simply put down that the material was found on their new home planet, promising to fix that once the planet has a name.

Is this acceptable?

I'm so sorry for not getting to this earlier, I've been swamped with tons of schoolwork.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back