Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP [Tsumi] Volume 1, chapter 1: With overwhelming force

IQ

Game Master
RP Date
YE 40 / 0800 ship time
RP Location
TFS Saweya's light
TFS Saweya's light
0800 ship time

Seated on her throne, the Iron Sovereign rested her cheek on one balled fist. Glancing down at the soldiers present. An eyebrow arched as one of her commanders began the briefing to all present. It was dull, to have the details rehashed once more. And her frustration was visible. The Tsumi ruler wasn't at all pleased she couldn't partake in the coming operation. How she longed for the heat of battle, the blood of these faithless sacks of shit that decided to stray from the fleet, when they were needed the most. Cowards, every single one of them. The deserters and the guards that failed their duty.

Her eyes befell the blonde that stood at 250 centimeters as she spoke. Clad in plated armour. Her helmet tucked under her arm. She had always felt conflicted about Marraken, she was a reputable soldier. But no leader of men, having abused and repeatedly tormented her own Warslave, almost past the breaking point. Like he was a toy that could easily be replaced. Rather than the weapon they truly were. Having attained her position through bribes and politic nonsense. Blinking with her elongated eyelashes, the blonde spoke, unaware of the Sovereign's gaze. "So, in summary, we've lost contact with a small contingent of ships. Their course has been altered and we have reason to believe they are trying to disengage the lock on their hyperdrives," adjusting the strap of her Warforger, her large, almond shaped eyes passed over the assembled warriors. A deep, purple gaze as her expression broke into a bloodthirsty smirk. "Our duty is to stop them. With overwhelming force." A soft giggle as she pressed a painted finger against her peachy lips. She seemed more than just excited for what was to come.

At this point, the loud clunk of a pollaxe was heard, the large weapon thumped against the ground. And Mithrandis slowly rose to her feet. Taking several tapping steps and descending the flight of stairs. "I want prisoners," she stated. Ice cold, silver eyes moving over the crowd. A tone that didn't take no for an answer, with the determination to stomp the throats in of whoever would disagree. "I wish to make an example. Show other weaklings to not err like these rats. They stray from Saweya's light, they will taste inferno." A soft sigh came from her. "I'm almost envious, but alas. I have other duties."

Marraken glanced over her shoulder at Mithrandis, opening her mouth to speak again. Though when meeting the Sovereign eyes, she held her tongue. Looking back at the assembled warriors. "Looking across you all, I can already seperate the warriors from the cowards," she began. "It is up to you to decide which you are, predator or prey. I want to be both proven right and wrong today. Brandish their severed heads, paint yourself in their blood and be relentless in battle! Take those that surrender, for they will await even greater pain than the ones that fight! Feed them to Danmadan's pits, preferably in bite-sized bits!" A loud clunk as she thumped the pollaxe once more. "Ammunition is scarce, though I'm sure you all know the primary means of conservation, plated fists, blades and armoured boots! Headfirst into glory, one step back, two steps forward!" A soft exhale, another loud thump, before the polearm was heaved into the air. "May Ywach grant you glorious battle! May he grant Righteous bloodshed! Destroy with overhwelming force! A fitting end for any Tsumi!" Several of the assembled soldiers followed her gesture with their weaponry, others thumped blades against the shields, though most, if not all cheered as the Sovereign turned on her feet, sauntering back to her throne. Morale seemed to be peaking, the Tsumi were anxious, after all. It had been long since a lot of them had seen actual battle.

SirSkully

FM of NDC
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Had it been a few decades earlier then Rekkin may have roared out with the crowd, his fire was by no means diminished but it had changed as time went on - while by no means was he the tallest on the ship he did stand above most in the assembled crowd with the solitary horn almost making up for it as it stood alongside it's stumped twin, instead Rekkin hefted one of his axes in one arm and raised it up in silence. He was still a proud Tsumi of course and to not wish these heretics a painful death would brand him as one of those being hunted today, fortunately the one-horned bull of a warrior still had all that fight in him so there was no conflict there.

Rekkin would happily die for the family of brothers and sisters in arms that had given him so many fond memories of conflict over the years, it was true that he may have not been as elegant-looking as some of them though the layers of scarred lesh that snaked around his physique told more stories than even the most elaborate tattoos could attempt to imitate. It was more than that though, the synthetic eye, the arm that could split into two, the singular horn, every crack and scratch in his cloth and fur clad armour all lent credence to the reputation he had fought hard for.

He had turned and was about to go sharpen all four axes when a hand slapped down onto Rekkin's upper left pauldron, a familiar voice pulling the one horned and one eyed warrior back with. "Steel yourself old man, we are on the eve of a mighty bloodbath and you look as though somebody cleaned your armour," it was one of the younger Tsumi, a green-hued lass with a thing for pikes who never seemed to leave him be - Rekkin had no quarrel with it though, he quite enjoyed her youthful vigor.

He smiled, an actual smile and not simply allowing the grin-shaped scar on each cheek do the job for him as the older man began drinking in the familiar look on her face, raising a hand to rest it on her gold-inlaid shoulder. "And you should have learned not to sneak up on me like that, or I'll end up putting you on the sideline next time we have a fight to win."

"You wouldn't dare, sick bastard," the green woman spoke, feigning offence before she slapped his shoulder once more and began moving on. "But with your hearing beginning to wane it is getting easier, try not to live too long, old man," she finished, leaving Rekkin with that warm grin across his face as he stood amongst the armoured horde.

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Among the crowd, yet still separate from it, Jaytorr stood alone but also surrounded. His mind wandered far and wide these days and boring talks were enough to send him to neverland in record time, the disfigured and maimed berserker wasn't so terrifying as to have built any real reputation but those unlucky enough to be near him still managed to give him a decent berth of space.

"These talking people are so boring, I wish I could just go and cut their head off. Wait no I need to challenge them first, then cut off their head, can't go the other way or its a bad thing." The thoughts swirling in his head lingered for a moment on the idea of challenging Marraken before quickly moving onto it's next genius idea, barely giving an indication he'd ever had the last thought by the time he got to the next. As the soldiers around him raised their weapons and cried out, Jaytorr in turn arched his back and beat his three small axes against his mostly exposed chest, letting out a rather animal like howl in the process. "All these people around me are weak, so weak, I have to prove that I am the blessed one and, and kill!" His thoughts continued.

Finally taking a more human-like pose once more, he stared up at their glorious Sovereign, his god incarnate, his whole world. None of the sounds around him nor the people they belonged to even registered as relevant in his mind aside from being in his way in a delusional quest to serve by her side. Several times he'd nearly been branded a heretic and each time the scarred Tsumi managed to escape doing what he did best, fighting, and winning. "Someday, the Sovereign will recognize me as her chosen warrior, when I've cut down all who stand in the way of her glory." He said softly to himself with a slight laugh.

"And I'll start with these fleeing rebels, did she say to take prisoners? Well, they probably won't surrender anyway. If they do surrender... THEN I KILL THEM FOR BEING SO WEAK. Yes, it truly is a work of art, this battle is made for me to prove that I was blessed." His mind started up once again.

SageShooter

Her blood boiled at the thought of taking prisoners... Prisoners were weak. They were useless lumps that sucked up resources and time from things that could be better used, like killing them and moving on. Sekhmet growled a little under her breath at the thought and began to ponder to herself...

"Will they notice if I just kill them?" She thought to herself as she looked around. Every time she tried to see what the others were thinking, her eyes kept being drawn back to the Sovereign and the elegance and power they exuded. Her hands clenched and unclenched over and over as she pondered just how much of a fight it would be if she challenged her. The Tsumi was a massive force to be reckoned with, the noble birth having been foregone as she had enlisted with the rest of the grunts at the young age of fourteen to prove just how strong she was. She wanted none of the weakness that was her supposed birthright to weigh her down and had the same scarification markings on her like the rest of the enlisted had, to prove she was one of them.

But this battle, this was a chance to show herself in the eyes of those above, to prove that she was strong, to prove that she was worthy of whatever was given to her, not because she was born into a well-off family, but to prove that she could take it with her own two hands through force if necessary.

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
Horus stood rigged and still, listening without neither a word, looking over the newer green horns. He still recognized a few honored battle brothers, a disappointing thought at how few there were now. Born a noble, the 25 year old red Tsumi rested a hand on the pommel of his family blade that hung at his side, a well used item indeed. Likewise the TWF-1B "Warforger" rifle slung across his back which had equally served him well in past battles. The words of their sovereign edged their way into his mind, the idea of heretics a disgusting one, however he did not claim to understand the reasons for such a path. Only a madmen would willingly turn away from Saweya's light.

The veteran of 11 years needed not to broadcast his reputation, like bull of a Tsumi, Horus was known well as the "Bringer of Blood". A title that he took great pride in, especially given his devotion to the will of Saweya. As the messenger of Saweya's will, he would execute Mithradis's orders to the letter, a fact he hoped she was aware of. Not to play favorite, but to be known as the dependable figure he was.

IQ

Game Master
As the cheers died down, Mithrandis sent a passing glance of disdain at Marraken. Who only swallowed thickly in response. The palpable fear was what she wanted. Shouldering her polearm, the Sovereign turned on her feet, sauntering back to her throne. Were she sat down again. Tilting her head to the side, balling a fist and resting her cheek on it. Though most, if not all Tsumi could feel those silverine eyes watching, etching into their very core. The commander cleared her throat, rolling one shoulder before picking up the massive sheet of metal that passed for a shield. Complete with metal studs and spikes portruding from the surface. Using both her left arms to lift it. Descending the stairs, the large crimson cloak that hung from her polished armour slowly slid behind her. One hand moved up to briefly touch at one of the papers that were pressed against her armour with waxen seals. Several of her favourite passages from their bible.

"Everyone," she started. Where her blood had grown ice cold during the looks she exchanged with the Sovereign, it was once again boiling in her veins. "Let's paint ourselves red," she uttered with a shaky sigh of excitement. Before beginning to call out names, assigning the Tsumi to their respective squads. "Finally, Agaden-ae Saweyal, Verhasdas-ae Saweyal-bren, Averon-ae Barris and Barran-ae... Karch-tre," speaking the name of the compound with a hint of disgust in her voice, purple eyes finding Rekkin's form. Though she didn't seem at all pleased. Taking a deep breath. "You're in my purge." By now, the other squads were dispersing, moving to wherever their squad leader led them. Some met eachother with open arms, others with disdain and a wad of spittle in the face of the less fortunate Tsumi.

The lass that had earlier approached Rekkin turned out being a purge leader herself. She could be seen glancing at a Tsumi that approached her, thanking her for the honour of battle. Though all she responded with was a headbutt and a veritable crunch of the male Tsumi's nose. "Thank me when you've proven yourself, filth," could be overheard, before the door slid shut.

Marraken thumped her shield down infront of the four. Her eyes both cold and disdainful as she looked the four over. Though with a shake of her head, the blonde Tsumi bit her crimson lip and pushed past without a word. Leaving but the Sovereign and her honour guards in the throne room. Pushing through the maze of hallways that was the TFS Saweya's Light, they finally arrived at the drop pod cannons. "Any new sheep for slaughter?" Marraken asked as she glanced over her purge. "Or did everyone go through the shelling sim?" A grin spread across her face. Simulation was a bit generous. Shelling simulation loaded Tsumi crew into the boarding shells, while light ship weaponry that just got out of maintenance test fired on those. Killing two birds with one stone. "If you didn't, too bad, cough it up or swallow down, but if I catch anyone slowing down due to nausea, well," she pressed a finger against her lip, a soft giggle ensuing. "You'd wish you died in the shell."

SirSkully

FM of NDC
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
The commander's voice and subsequent stare of disgust at Rekkin's surname didn't go over too well for the one-horned Tsumi, with his half-synthetic gaze burning back into her with an immense bit of spite that burned from deep inside the bull's very core - it would have been so easy to shut her up, he could have just stepped forward and twisted that bitch's neck quickly, he might have earnt enough respect to make some of the lower-ranked warriors ignore his start in life but the higher ups never let him forget it...

He was shaking slightly, the one lower arm that hadn't been replaced had gone white-knuckled from just how tightly balled up one fist was - then Rekkin's gaze landed on the green-skinned one, and the anger faded back somewhat, she was a fiery one for sure and he was all too familiar with that look on her face.

It wasn't worth it, he would simply find a better way to die with a lot more corpses around him - but god he was tempted to just get it out of the way.

"Just don't miss," Rekkin began speaking once they'd made their way to the drop pod cannons, his one metal hand running itself slowly over one of their boarding shells as he felt every nook and cranny that made up the hull's grain.

"You wouldn't want the first blood to be claimed by a compound-born who you also failed to get rid of now would you?" he continued speaking, a sly grin that was only further emphasized by that glasgow smile across each cheek.

"Only so much redemption in battle, commander," Rekkin finally finished as he gave his gear one final check, axes were sharpened to high hell and his armour looked like it wasn't quite ready to fall apart yet - good to go.

SageShooter

Sekhmet had turned to leave, to go find herself a squad of the dirtiest looking bunch and fuck one up till they let her be the leader, but when she had been called by Marraken and the woman couldn't help but tilt her head a bit of the request. This wasn't because she was highborn was it? Cause she was born with a damned golden spoon in her mouth? She growled a little as she handled the grips of her axes a bit and stomped closer, towering over most of the others nearby at her imposing height. She had always been big, from childhood on, and she made sure others knew she was always the one going to come out on top.

She was quiet as she followed Marraken through the halls of the ship, fingertips scratching at the bottom of her weapon's grips. She was eager to fight, eager to get off this blasted ship and sink her weapons into the soft flesh of her enemies. She wanted to kill something, and no one around her lately had been much of a challenge, not that they usually were for the towering Tsumi. Her reach and natural bloodlust always seemed to scare the lesser Tsumi that ever thought of challenging her.

For now, she would listen though and watch. If Marraken was weak, she would prove herself stronger and make sure she took over like always.

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
Horus followed along, not saying much to what looked like lower born. The female of the group however looked to be high born maybe. Good, that would lessen possible disdain, and improve focus on the battles to come. The caste hate to him had been understandable, but nonetheless pointless in the end. The enemy before them,....this rebellion...was the real conflict.

He checked his equipment one last time before approaching the shell. "If the others are done with idle chatter, I am ready and waiting to bring these rebels their justice.", He said mildly annoyed.

Reactions: IQ

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
A shell huh, well that should be fun, guess I’ll get to kill faster than expected. “We won’t die, it is the Sovereigns will that I shall live on as her bloodied weapon.”

The rest of these pathetic weaklings should be lucky to dtand with a chosen duch as myself. Eventually they’ll realise my blessing.

IQ

Game Master
"I don't aim this thing, slob," she chirped happily. "Besides, I don't mean to get rid of scum like you, it'd be a waste of a proper meathshield," she glanced at her own shield. "After all, getting this thing properly reforged costs more than cheap meat from the compounds. For who redemption is required - I've no need for redemption. Only glory, in Ywach's name. The gods smile upon me, lowborn. I doubt you can say the same."

Marraken exhaled a soft breath, turning on her feet and rolling her eyes, on the clique in general. But in particular, the delusional one. Those, honest to god, creeped her out. Leaning down, she ripped open the hatch entrance, before glancing at the four. "Well, pile in, then," she stated with a poisoned smile, thumping the tower shield against the side of the shell, essentially a non-verbal way of saying hurry the fuck up.

The shell was surprisingly cramped. Several seats with safety harnesses, Two buttons against the side and a small walkway the lead past the first row and into the tip of the boarding shell. A crimson light causing eerie illumination inside. Certainly when the hatch closed again, the hissing of airtight seals resounding.

Strapping herself in, Marraken slammed the loading button. Causing the massive, what essentially was a projectile, to jolt into movement as it was loaded in the cannons. Glancing over her shoulder once, she solely grinned, slamming the second button. The explosion was deafening, the sudden jolt of movement that would knock even the largest of Warslaves back in their seat, the trembling and shaking from an already battle scarred boarding shell being propelled through a tube for several seconds. Though, the trip became that much more comfortable when they finally broke into space. Though the sensation of movement was still present, and being in a closed off space, it was the initial launch that made most Tsumi sick. Though it was the blind movement, the constant rotating of the shell, that caused the inside of these shells to smell like faint hints of sour, gastric fluids. Which in and of itself didn't at all help.

Marraken, however, seemed to casually relax in her seat. Tossing two of her hands up in a stretch, before resting them behind her head. Even as the shell slammed into one of the rogue ships. Causing a split second screech of metal and crackling of electricity. Before the front opened up and latched onto the hull. The red light that had been constantly on, now began to blink rapidly. Gravity was a thing once again and her blonde hair cascaded down to what used to be the ceiling. Muttering a curse under her breath, she ripped herself loose, the shield thumping down first, before she thumped down after it. Pulling her helmet from her belt, she pushed it on, readying her shield, while switching the safety from her Warmaker 1B off. Raising it, before pushing out into the opening created by the boarding shell. Shield first into the fray, a bloodthirsty grin on her face. Eyes large, diluted pupils. Hands shaking in anticipation. She seemed intoxicated by just the mere thought of battle.

"Purge. On me."

SirSkully

FM of NDC
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Rekkin simply scoffed as he settled his taller than average frame down into the seat of the shell, securely fastening his armoured figure in as the one horned bull metaphorically bit his tongue - being the "lowborn filth" he was had always come with the warning to not overstep your place, lest you have a death wish and while yes Rekkin did want death he wanted it in the glory of battle rather than a petty execution.

Time to prove himself... again, it changed little but sometimes those looks changed from disgust to jealousy, on the rarest of occasions.

The shell impacted hard, rattling his bones but the one horned bull could care less as the helmet was slammed over his skull and the man practically flew out of the shell's door, ripping all four axes free from his sides in one fluid motion as Rekkin dashed forwards to rush for first blood - a certain glint of chaos forming in the bull's eyes and he nimbly slipped past their purge leader's shield in his pursuit of a victim, moving faster than you'd think was possible for a man of his stature.

He was hunting, little would stop the Tsumi.

Last edited:

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
Horus was not amused and took his seat with a rather bored expression, the prattling about class, a mere annoying buzz to him. They were all there to fight, who gave a fuck about if you were highborn, or lowborn. Blood spilled was all the same once it reached the ground, class be damned in changing that fate.

As the front of the shell opened, Horus unsheathed his swords, one in each upper hand, while his two lower hands gripped the rifle. Even as Rekkin stormed ahead, he entered rifle raised, and swords poised. This was just another battle, another objective, and he would do as always and follow them to the letter. For he was the bringer of blood, the warrior who did what he was born to do, and that was fight for the gods.

SageShooter

Sekhmet was quiet as she boarded the ship and strapped herself in. She always hated these things, the spinning and lurching and the smell, Ywach above she hated the smell. She could feel her own bile rise into her throat as she fought it back, but the sudden lurch and spin caused her to spit up a bit into her mouth. She hated to show weakness though and painfully swallowed the contents of her stomach back to their rightful place as they finally broke into space proper. This part wasn't so bad, the weightless sensation caused butterflies to flutter in her stomach and settle everything back. Her eyes were shut as she controlled her breathing and gripped her axes in her hands in anticipation. She would shed blood today, the enemies and her own blood, and it would be wonderful.

Even as the boarding ship slammed into the side of the rogue ship and latched in, she waited for one breath, then two then ripped her own straps off and stood. Helmet on her head, a grim set of claw marks painted red that ran across the face of the helmet as she grinned underneath the metal and stood behind Marraken. In each heavy hand, a pitted and scarred set of axes that seemed to sing for blood in her hands. As the doorway cleared and there was space for her to get out, she pushed out and stood to where she wouldn't be in the way for the others before she took a deep breath.

From under her helmet came a loud roar of a challenge as if to inform all present that the hunter had arrived and they were her prey. As she did, she would charge in behind Rekkin, the much larger and far more imposing war machine that was the Tsumi Sekhmet brought two of her axes down on a poor person, embedding each one just shy of a foot into the shoulders of her target, her grin still spread across her face under her helmet as she finally felt in her element

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
As expected the boarding shell ride was largely uneventful, as I told them I am a chosen warrior and so long as I please the Sovereign with my actions no harm will come to us. It seems many of my group is incredibly eager to spill blood, not a bad thing, I myself desire opportunity to prove my worth although I know I'll be given plenty of opportunity soon enough, the gods dictate it so.

Jaytorr strolled out of the pod behind the rest of the purge, each of his 3 hands holding one of his hatchet like axes as he followed the leader casually towards the deserter filth. "As you wish, but fortune doesn't always favor the bravest and boldest and neither do the gods. We all have our fates chosen before birth and nothing you do can change that." The 'delusional' berserker spoke, a somewhat strange set of lines for the mentally unhinged man which didn't seem to portray his title of berserker too well.

IQ

Game Master
To say the welcome was warm was an understatement. As the ringing in the surprisingly sensitive Tsumi ears cleared, the sounds of battle seeped in.

Bullets whistled past. Cries emerged, insults thrown and prayers were spoken. Marraken's purge had entered into what essentially was an active field of battle. Or, one side of it. On their way out, they'd take note of a mess of skull and metal that was warped and crushed during the opening of their pods, a body lifelessly - barely - attached to what remained of the head.

Luckily, the other side hadn't recovered yet. Behind enemy lines, be it pure luck, or Ywach's divine intervention. One of the Tsumi that was currently defending the hallway had taken note of the boarding pod and shouted out to his companions. Several of them rallying to his feet. Though halfway through his sentence, the soldier dropped dead with a large pike portruding through his throat. The tip sheening before he dropped forwards.

On the other side of the hallway, a loud cry was heard, a roar of victory. "Push!" Came an ear-deafening command from none other than the green Tsumi commander Rekkin had previously encountered. Holding up a rifle and her buckler as she laid down fire on the enemy lines.

Marraken, thirsting for blood, tossed her rifle back on the sling, flinging out her broadsword. "Keep 'em busy! Rip their limbs, break their skulls!" She cried out over the clattering of gunfire, the ricocheting of metal. A group six broke off from the original line, dashing the short distance for Marraken's purge. The rest were forced to defend from the charging purge that was Brax'. Causing them to lay back into cover.

Though, leading the charge, was the diminutive Tsumi. Who slammed shield first into an assailant, before flipping her over completely. Stabbing the broadsword forward in a blind frenzy. The shield came in handy, though. While she was able to ignore bullets altogether, the others had to rely solely on their armour.

SirSkully

FM of NDC
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Rekkin kept low as he charged the enemy Tsumi, the ones branded heretics for the chopping block, a few stray shots plinked off of his plated armour but the One Horned Bull could care less as his two lower arms dragged their held axes across the ground to produce a trail of sparks that began to zig-zag as he became a blur of movement to hopefully avoid being hit when he could, other two axes crossed in front of the Tsumi to act as a makeshift shield - one eye may have been the man's natural one but both peered out from behind his rather featureless faceplate with animalistic rage, a murderous intent that might even stop a lesser Tsumi dead in their tracks as one shot even glanced off of Rekkin's faceplate and possibly fractured his cheekbone only to be punctuated by the unholy roar from a beast of war known as the One Horned Bull as he shrugged it off.

He may have rolled sideways to avoid another swathe of bullets but the so-called lowborn scum had a reputation for never backing off and so rose to his feet then pushed off of the floor with those powerful legs he possessed, kicking off the wall once to maintain his aerial trajectory and then bend that same leg up behind him before it was brought forward to crack up into the jaw of a younger heretic and maybe even shatter it - poor lad had been too baffled as to why such a tall specimen of strong Tsumi genetics could move so fast to be able to react in time, Rekkin followed the momentum and brought his two top axes down to try and claim first blood though the bull already weeped from a few lesser injuries because well, all shots had to go somewhere and the lowborn was far from a god.

SageShooter

Sekhmet was never one to back down from a challenge, no matter what it was. She had gone so far as to upgrade the armor along her head and shoulders to increase the coverage, almost like shoulder pads she could fight in. With a grunt, she simply lowered her shoulders and head and charged headlong into the battle. Her larger frame could soak up quite a bit of the incoming fire and well, she was used to pain and damage, she was a pretty big target. Her larger frame could close the distance pretty quickly as well and as she neared the enemy line, she let out a roar as she charged headlong into them like a battering ram, ready to bust up whatever large grouping she could.

As she did she would rear up and fall into her attack. Heavy swings with arms holding axes would hopefully being to tear into whatever the blades could find purchase in.

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
Horus moved to cover the formation, taking on what made it through the two beserkers in the purge. He followed Rekkins charge and ran through a unlucky Tsumi who thought he had gotten lucky and flanked the raging bull, but soon found two blades pierced through his gut. Horus hoisted the smaller Tsumi on his blades before he rammed a horn through the man's eye, ending his new meatshield's life and saving the use of precious ammo.

Bracing the body on his blades before him, his rifle was rested on the corpse's shoulder to steady his aim as he took aim at enemies down range, careful not to hit his purge mates. Between the three of them, the charge was already leaving bodies, and as the blood flowed onto his body from his shield, Horus felt right at home. He gave a bloodthirsty grin as he advanced with his comrades, "Time to cleanse the impure, and bring these heretic to heel.

IQ

Game Master
As Marraken's purge pushed in the backline of the Tsumi rebels, Braxton's purge drew ever closer. Though, the opposition fought like cornered animals. Unpredictable and dangerous, backed into their own cover. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, what was for veterans but a stroll in Stetark's inferno, was for others their first day in hell.

Ripping her sword through the side of an ingrain stuck on her shield, Marraken steadied herself and slammed her shield forward to brush the corpse off. Leading the charge as both Berserkers pushed into her flank and covered it. Basic Tsumi formation drills, adapt or die. It was that simple, though decievingly effective.

"Danmadan's obese tits," Marraken cried out in laughter as she spectated the one Horned Bull driving his axes down in a foe. The chime of destroyed armour and the shredding of ripped flesh, broken bones cracking. "You fight well, lowborn filth! The gods would be pleased!" Marraken stated as she stabbed her sword forward, before pushing her position up again. Bullets ricocheting off of the metal surface. Dents ever so clear, though answering the gunfire with the rifle tucked in her third arm. A challenger met Rekkin, an armoured Tsumi who actively dwarfed Sehkmet, lugging a massive axe in battle, swinging it in a wide arc over his shoulder.

It was at this moment Sehkmet proved her own mettle as well. With the ferocity of nothing less than a rampaging bull, she slammed her weight head first into the enemy line with obliterating might. A loud crack resounding from whoever's poor skull it was the Tsumi connected with. Though, with her relentless assualt, came little defense. And while being a storm of steel, blood and death, Sehkmet was no god either. A mace slammed into her side, a knife swiftly flying for her gut, aiming for the cracks in her armour.

Horus' brutal efficiency and creativity proved worthwhile. Bullets both plinked off or dug deep into the flesh of his meatshield, though, flesh and armour only held for so long before it fell apart. Telltale by the arm the corpse had now lost, shot up to a last shred before it dropped to the floor. His means to defense was waning fast. A new play had to be made, swiftly so.

Brax and her purge moved up continuously. Rampaging through enemy lines themselves, without feeling even an inkling of the pain they should. Hopped up on various stims handed out in the boarding shell. Lost in a rage of blood and death. They fought like beasts, killed like predators and relished in it, like all Tsumi should.