Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP [Tsumi] Volume 1, chapter 1: With overwhelming force

SageShooter

There had been a raised fist aimed at the back of Jaytorr's head as he taunted Marraken. She wanted to slug him right in his face, or the back of the head, or anywhere really and put the man in his place for his insolence, but she wouldn't. Now wasn't the time, not when they were almost done. She could beat the man into submission later and make him see the error of his ways in disrespecting the purge leader...

Sekhmet's eyes wandered over the Marraken and the disgusting little creature that she bound and controlled Kzma. Her own weapons came out into her hands now as she spoke up. "We should just kill this little thing, one less knife or pair of teeth to worry at the back of our necks while we head to engineering." She expressed her view with little attempt to hide her disdain at the psychopath.

SirSkully

FM of NDC
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
"Let the runt at least show us the way before we show her the path to her creator~ more useful alive than as a corpse~" Rekkin suggested as his mismatching eyes narrowed towards Kzma, feeling no real sense of pity or disgust at the bound thing before them, at least if she was kept alive a little longer she'd make their means to an end just that little bit easier - with her master nothing more than a bloody pile of meat and all her comrades seemingly having met similar fates what reason was there for a slave to fight back? surely the purge could take care of this wiry, fetid thing if it decided to fight back.

Rekkin's upper arms remained firmly crossed over his chest, a sigh leaving the one-horned bull's maw before he offered a few final words, "I see no harm in it~ doubt she could do much harm to us anyway~"

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
The tactician did not spare Jaytorr even a glance as he walked towards the now open door, rifle in hand with medium shield he had picked up, hoping to avoid any significant injury more then already received. "You may laugh all you want, but we all equally dead when out time comes. Whether highborn, or lowborn, nothing changes oh worthless your corpse save as food for the buzzers. So why not so mutual faith to tune the soul until the final day of our mortal shells." Horus stated with contempt for the shorter Tsumi's crazed mockery.

As he drew closer to the purge leader with her grungy being of a catch, the man simply looked them over. "I agree with Rekkin, why not see if it is at least useful to us before putting it to the sword. If the Kurr so much as back talks, or thinks of turning on us, I imagine a bullet will take the resistance from their pestilent born mind. But I would not see it unwise to offer it a quick end here either."

IQ

Game Master
Marraken found herself profoundly annoyed by the sense of speaking. It seemed like this Kmza individual did not fully grasp the rather precautious situation she was in. HEr grasp weakened on Kmza with a final shove. Though the servant of Hayden would feel a vice grip on one of her ankles as she babbled her rather incoherent speech. "We're not crawling through tunnels like rats," Marraken answered with a gentle breath. A sudden pull would cause Kmza to slam facefirst into the ground. Dragging her through the blood and gore into the engineering bay. "Get this ship inoperable," she commanded, before glancing over at the rest of her purge as they made their opinions clear on the matter.

Sadly enough, they were under orders, such as she retorted to the entirety of her purge; "We need prisoners, we bring-... Whatever this is in alive," she added with a rather disdainful look to Kmza as she pulled the fleshgod worshiper up by the pit of her elbow, infront of a terminal. "And quit the bickering," she added, a particular keen tone to her voice - more than obviously scolding. Though a growl embedded would hint at exactly why she was the purge leader. And exactly why they had to follow her commands. "Save it for when we're done here." She added, a particular gaze befalling Sekhmet, not having missed the almost-thrown punch. "You, tech-thrall," she stated as she looked back to Kmza. "Don't you think for a second I'll undo those cuffs. While true that we need prisoners, also don't think I'll hesitate for a second to put a bullet in that severely limited brain of yours, should you give me a reason to." She added with a warning. "Do I make myself clear?"

Last edited:

SageShooter

Sekhmet's eyes went wide for a moment as she was scolded by Marraken, but she turned her gaze aside and muttered an "ok" before she fell in to walk at the side of Kzma, hand on one of her blades as she watched the wretch closely. She wasn't about to let some unknown person be far out of her gaze nor grip. She huffed a little as she followed the others yet fell into silent surveillance of the area around them if only to keep aware of anything going on.

Primitive Polygon

Tsumi were always threatening to murder and kill each other, especially in Kmza's presence, so it wasn't quite a mark of bravery that the one-horned thing was a little immune to such intimidation. Actually, this group was comparatively amicable with each another. What Kmza saw as 'promoting' this tech-thrall, though, by suggesting they were now tasked with 'commanding' this engine section to it's demise... That was some mental gymnastics that took years of experience.

Their nose was stinging, maybe broken, mixed in with the gore of the warslave. Their knees were aching and raw from crawling though frozen tunnels... But everybody who had tormented them in the past was now dead. Their god had directly answered their call.

So, what was just another group of angry, confused 'warriors'?...

Hayden would made it right in the end. They had chosen to put her here for a reason. To serve and guide these new Tsumi for a reason. Knowing that fact, they could feel warm inside no matter what happened to their mere mortal flesh.

"Kmza's body is yours. I'm is knowing my place, sah..." They answered to the one holding their entangled arms so roughly. Piercing, purple eyes gazing down at them, filled with a lifetime of violence and fury... So she guessed this one was the leader? "It old-type four-stage doo-wn scale rea-cht-or... Big bell is bath for the hot cool-ant, turns the spinny-wins belows ush..."

Was their speech pattern getting even worse?... Ah. A cracked tooth was visible through their smile. Kmza just hadn't really noticed.

"It the chomp-ut-a brain that does controlin' rods, but you can fuze'em to the big battury by hittin' the nu-matics too. That will puttin ship in grave it will, sah."

The other lady with all the tattoos got some of this skewed knowledge projected at them too. Just in case they were the actual leader.

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
"So hit the pneumatic system then, easy enough. Anyone have any explosives on them, I doubt a mere rifle will do the job of this." Horus stated after hearing the little creature's explanation. Keeping close to the corners as they were rounded, his upper arms with rifle raised, and lower arms poised with a sword ready to slice any too close for the rifle. Keeping low as well as he did, cleared corners and checked the alcoves as they did with an ever vigilant stance and eyes. It all seemed clear for now, so his mind thought of the best way to take out the system as described. The grenade on his belt certainly wasn't going to be sufficient enough.

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Jaytorr wandered alone behind the group, his stance was not one of somebody ready for combat either, axes and stolen weapons holstered and stowed, hands behind his head and a set of arms crossed as he whistled. While it was certainly true that he also had the blood rages and urges to kill everything many Tsumi warriors did, his never seemed to last long, nor did his appetite for combat, his mind liked to wander to thoughts of the holy one. In this state, everyone and everything around him was worthless to the priest, the scolding, their objective, people talking, nothing mattered or registered as he followed along.

SirSkully

FM of NDC
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
"I'm no black thumb~ but~" Rekkin began pondering, one large hand scratching at his armoured chin thoughtfully as the one-horned bull of a Tsumi cast his mind back to how the flesh beneath his chestpiece got so horribly scarred up, a contemplative little murmur rattling out from beneath his helmet before Rekkin spoke further, "I remember that older coolant used to be rather flammable... I think it was something to do with glycol but I am not sure - regardless if we turned a section of the coolant loop into an upscaled pipe bomb would that mayhaps do the trick?" he finished, breathing out a sigh that had hints of a wince about it, Rekkin was really beginning to feel his injuries now that the adrenaline was wearing off.

Reactions: IQ

IQ

Game Master
Marraken didn't seem quite pleased with the explanation Kmza offered her. An annoyed breath left her as she flung out a small, pistol-gripped grenade launcher. No doubt loaded with the ordnance Tsumi preferred and cherished. And without a word, the Hayden-worshiper's hair was given a sharp tug and her head pulled backwards, to glance up at Marraken's form and by extend the ceiling.

A veritable crack followed as the barrel was jammed into her mouth. Be it teeth dislodging or jaw unhinging, Marraken didn't seem to care. "I asked do it, not explain it," she started. Her words cold and annoyed rather than the expected and anger one would expect. "Short fuse - as soon as I pull the trigger, you'll have exactly three seconds to make peace with your god. Unless you nod, agree to disable the reactor and save me both the effort and cost of a fusion shell."

The words of her purge reached her. Causing the elf-like ears to twitch as she exhaled a soft breath and glanced back at them. Ripping the barrel back out of Kmza's mouth with a rather sadistic and sharp tug, before pulling her up again. "Take your pick. Pipe bomb or hydraulics," she added to Kmza in particular, before glancing back over to the purge.

"With the engines disabled, we'll make a push for the escape pods, that's what they'll do as well." She hadn't missed Rekkin's demeanour, though extended the question to the group, rather than to single him out; "Everyone holding up? This should be our final push. Saweya willing they'll piss their pants when we flash the Warslave head."

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Jaytorr maintained his silence for now, simply watching as the thrall was threatened again and even had a barrel shoved in her mouth, he didn't feel any sympathy nor did he take pleasure in watching. To him it was just the means to the end, thats how the world worked, except when it came to false gods and fake religions. "Let's just get this over with, anyone here can blow up an engine so what's the point of threatening it when it will do you know good." He snickered, glancing sideways at his purge leader before moving over to stare down at the thrall. "You could never hurt anyone could you, filthy creature you are." The warrior sneered slightly, his eyes twinkled but not in the way described in all the movies, this was a twinkle because his eyes glazed over.

Reactions: IQ

SageShooter

Sekhmet had begun to doze off as they spoke of technical aspects and everything else, the threatening of the little zealot, though as the plans were finally made the tank of a woman snapped out of her small nap and shook her head. "Blow shit up and kill more shit right? I'll leave the blowing to you all..." She explained as she hefted one of her axes and tested the edge with her thumb. She gave a little sigh and looked around for direction and shifted from one foot to the other. She was getting restless and ready for the next fight, the adrenaline in her blood already draining bit by bit.

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
Horus was just waiting for an answer at this point, knowing their general objective as well as mentally thinking of a rough route to the escape pods. He stepped closer to the open engineering doors, peaking in around the door's edge to see the interior, as well if anything else sat about that could be makeshift for their destructive purposes. "The engineering bay should have heavy tool, or volatile compounds we could repurpose one would think. But does the little one know where those would be?", He quietly thought allowed to himself as he considered options now.

SirSkully

FM of NDC
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
With a deep sigh Rekkin forced his back to straighten, chest out and shoulders back as the clearly bloodied and injured Tsumi fiddled with his helmet's strap, the leather creaking slightly as it tightened - his mismatching eyes giving a stubborn little look before the bull spoke, "Flesh is fading though the spirit holds strong... though as the southpaw said, let's just get this over with~" Rekkin finished, a huff of steam flaring out his nostrils before he lumbered off with the rest of the purge.