• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission TWF-1A/B

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Like the ammo, consider this approved as long as a moderator gives it the green tick, although you may want to link the tsumi page in the initial paragraph just for ease of access stuff and otherwise frost is likely to do it for you lol

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[- ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:

I feel like you described two totally diff guns and that this one gun article should be two, one for each model.

In general, abbreviations should not be used as titles (use Imperial Registry Number, not IRN).

Check for spelling and grammar throughout.

Check for formatting I have told you about in the past. DM me if you can't remember.

I feel like you described two totally diff guns and that this one gun article should be two, one for each model.

As someone who knows the pain of this sort of situation, would an agreeable compromise be having two article on one page, with one model above the other?

Ame all my submissions are abbreviations.
Every single page I have ever submitted had an abbreviated title.
Not every culture in setting are going to have the same naming or registry conventions.
And this is also not the first time that I have done one articles for multiple models of the same gun.
They are quite literally the same gun, just one is the old design and the other is the updated design.
Quite simply put, one has a motor, while the other has an over barrel grenade launcher. Everything else is basically the same.

One is made of wood and the other, like you said, has a grenade launcher. I'll think about what you should do, but honestly do you expect anyone to refer to the old design in RP? It would be less a piece of history and more of a lot of cumbersome information, if left on this single page.

You shouldn't be making abbreviations for your wiki page titles or url so stop the habit by changing this article.

I'm not the only one who does it ame, and I don't feel I need to change it. There are many SAoY weapons that are named as abbreviations, like the LASR, LATR, and the new PAAR-40. This is a practice that has a reason, as not everything can have a special name. Military equipment is always abbreviated. Asking for that to be different is something that is asking for the norm to be different.

On the other note, it's what IQ wanted. And as Tsumi are stuck with limited resources as an exodus bound fleet, they have to use both models. And no one is not made out of wood. It's furnishings are (fore grip, and stock), and this is something common with older guns in IRL history. They are the same gun, and I have stated that, the only difference again is that one has a motor and three barrels while the other has a grenade launcher instead.

Hey, Army, here.

Ever hear the thing about how the "Army loves abbreviations?" There's a reason for that. We don't call HMMWV's "Ambulances" or "Pickups" or anything like that because they're all the same truck. We call them by the ID number of the model because that's the variation you're dealing with, and that'll tell you what's on it. We'd have so many names for different types of HMMWV or so many of the same name that it'd get confusing fast.

The Storm Rifle is one weapon that was approved despite the fact that it doesn't have an official name. Just a nomenclature model. So there is precedent even in my own gear. The Oracle was originally approved by its hull number, so there's another.

Also, the older weapon is not made out of wood. Just the furnishings, such as stock, grip, etc. NO STRUCTURAL OR FUNCTIONAL COMPONENT OF ANY GUN EVER has been made of wood on a large scale. I firmly believe most people of the site have enough understanding of chemical propellant and ballistics to understand why that would be a bad idea.

Not to mention the name really shouldn't matter to anyone other than the factiin that it's for since their going to be using it constantly they should be allowed to call it what they want

Also ame
Real life examples of abbreviated weapons are
S&W 500
HnK assult rifle
M1-4

I mean it's completely normal.

You can ask to change the rule or you can change your article.

Or he can use his writes as a player and request a different mod

Esspeacilly since it's not against the rules to name his weapon. Like that
And it's more of a personal preference for the reviewer so if it's not against the rules it shouldn't be a diciding factor

Ame, special names for weapons that aren't a clear and useful designation code are confusing and stupid. The A and B varients of this particular weapons system clearly state which one you're dealing with on similar platforms with the same overal design.

"Punisher" Edgy weapon name that tells me it's got no bang for it's buck and was designed by a fourteen year old too bored to masturbate.
"Noisy Cricket" Probably a lot of noise and kinda small.
"Storm Rifle" Is that the Halo thing?

A designation number is a unique name.

It's a rule no one else enforces. It's one that's seems to be pretty widely ignored. So why am I the only one to be picked on for this? Why am I suddenly a special case for this. Obviously none of the other mods enforce this, and therefore it seems either new ones need to be found, or the rule just removed.

Because your getting on to me for a rule the mods don't support themselves.
TWF is the manufacturer, and it's the first weapon developed by the manufacturer, with A/B annotating model.

Because I do agree with jack on the out of the blue wanting him to change the abriviated name and I'm sure he will change it if everyone else is forced to change any of there abbreviated weapon names right jack?

After all it's only fair that way

It's not anyone I'm picking on. It's the first gun for a new faction and I don't want it to start off being rule-breaking.

... It's not the first gun for Section 6, Ame. Not by a long shot.

In reading up, it is Tsumi. And yet I don't really care.

Let's start off with a precident that doesn't look like we're a bunch of wingy ten year olds playing the cooler name game and use a system that makes sense.

Makes a better story that way.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back