• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Type 30 Akira-class Hoverbike

I will so review this tonight. My heart, it goes pitter-patter over the thought of airbikes for military personnel.

Various spelling and grammar fixes made.

Thanks, I also fixed a few other typos. Also I was thinking, if this gets approved, I think it might be possible to mount one of these things on the back of an STV threw a rack or something for transport. Does that sound workable?

The inclusion of an aether-powered ion engine ... it seems a bit extreme. There are other examples of airbikes, if you look for them on the wiki, that might be a bit more practical and less potentially hazardous. I designed them, admittedly.

500 kph is also pretty fast. Not too fast, I guess, but still, that's a lot of speed to handle.

Otherwise, I like it!

Alrighty then, I just reduced its maximum possible speed to 300 kph but I still wanted to keep a a really high top speed since its, pardon the expression but, nothing more then an "engine on wheels" with none of the extra bulk found on traditional full-sized vehicles.

As for the power plant. I was under the impression that aether generators was the standard for all Star Army ground vehicles and according to this, aether generators can be as small as a lunch box so it seemed appropriate for such a power hungry high-performance engine but if you feel your still not convinced then we can always switch it to use standard hydrogen fuel cells.

Hydrogen cells would be best. You can avoid detection via the ion engine if you switch to a propeller, but if you want raw, instant thrust, the ion engine will give you that. Maybe two models, one for recon, one for scout?

I'd rather not but if your serious then I'm okay with hydrogen fuel cells but as for two different models, now you got me confused, isn't scouting and reconnaissance basically the same thing?

Well if thats what Doshii meant then I fail to see what kind of spec changes should be made for two different models to optimize the Akira for these roles when I think the basic model should be more then capable of doing both.

I would think an ion engine would be easier to track than a propeller. That's all. And, admittedly, I'm trying to influence you to design something similar to what I designed. But your design's actually better, so don't sweat that.

Otherwise ... just avoid aether. That's all I ask.

Alright then, I switched it to use hydrogen fuel cells so now if there is nothing else I guess this means the Akira is ready for final judgement. I'm glad that at least Doshii likes it. BTW what exactly are these other hover bikes you designed because I can't seem to find them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back