• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Type 30 Rations

Not really. At least some of the MREs we were given in JROTC were not too disimillar. Sometimes including the...oddities in what came with what. If anything, they were more luxurious...though I doubt anyone eating them would call them that. Of course, I understand they are obsolete and have been replaced with something new these days.

FYI, French MRE packs are the awesome. Venison in an MRE is jsut win. =)

But in regards to this, why matches? Do these come with a mini heat source like our current MRE packs have? I don't quite see the matches as a good way of heating this stuff.

No, they don't. I'll probably introduce a lightweight reusable heater pack if it turns out it's needed. In the SARP, battery lives are long enough that we could make one that lasts a long time (and could perhaps be recharged with a pistol battery magazine) and carrying one instead of a bunch of disposable chemical ones could cut down on weight. Matches are there for fire starting in case no heating device is available.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back