• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Type 35M Kodate Escape Pod

Toshiro

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:small_craft:type_35_escape_pod
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This is a bit of a strange one. I've made a variant of an existing escape pod (Type 35 Seizonsha), but lacked any art or real fundamental tech changes. I didn't have access to the original lost rendered file to make new art either. As such, I did what was done with the mini-Neko version of the bridge chairs on Yamataian ships and added a section explaining the variant's differences. The introductory section and the basic specs in regards to occupancy have also been appended to reflect this.

The basic idea is that this is an escape pod modified to act as both a Mini-Neko escape pod and primary cabins, allowing it to be a 'drop-in' option to let ships better tend to Mini-Neko crew members. Since Mini-Neko are 1/10th scale, the cabins can also be 1/10th scale.

I've also attempted to update the whole article in general to bring it in line with modern wiki rules, though I am not sure if lists count toward 'text under all headings' or not. Please advise and review.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
So you want me to update the existing article before approval, and update the submission to reflect that?

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...
[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:
1. Please update the damage ratings to DRv3

We're waiting on @Wes for FM approval, but that's not something you can affect.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

It is nice to see that this was used.

You made a thing that lasted, Andrew. It's aged well.

DRv3 compliance added. Not sure how I missed that. @Wes , please weigh in as FM.

FM approved but call it the Type 41.

This is a modification to an existing article and piece of equipment, not an entirely new one, I don't know if it would make sense to change the name of this already existing piece of equipment.

Calling it the Type 41 would also cause confusion for people looking for an article matching the new nomenclature I'd have to give what is just a variant of the Type 35 that uses the same frame and systems but is altered for a different role. It's akin to demanding that every variant of the same type of gun be similarly handled.

It would also demand a brand new article and new art (DOGA assets long since lost), which is both not necessary for this and exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Unless I am permitted to do a lot of Copy/Paste in this instance and make a separate page in this instance, which would be doable.

EDIT: Wes mentioned in PM that I could do something like the https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:equipment:corona_heavy_gunship where I just post a new page with differences and a link to the original. Would have to copypasta the art though. He still wants it to be the Type 41.

EDIT 2: I made this page:

It splits the Kodate stuff into a separate article, and adds a little more infrastructure for the Mini-Neko that may be otherwise hard for them to use on-ship. I've still updated the wip Type 35 article to be more Type 35-only that's compliant (save for a link to the Type 41) with modern wiki formatting separately.

Last edited:
[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...
[ ✅ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✅ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✅ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✅ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✅ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back