• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission U-1 Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission Type: U1 Update
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:uso:u1-02a

Faction: USO / FSC / PACT
FM Approved Yet? Yes / No / No
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? Yes

Notes:
Rolling in some of the latest U-1 Updates!

The cupcake holder can now be held by the U-1.

I also added in the FSC laser weapon ( TAG @Rizzo for approval)

And the PACT missiles have been added where they seemed appropriate to add ( TAG @Arieg )

I also added another paragraph to the history section regarding who's been doing what on the U-1 for the past few months and a 'who made and approved this' to the OOC section.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This review is for: The U-1 Variable Mecha update

The submitted article is/has…
[ Y] A very high level of overall quality
[ Y] A general topic sentence under the title header
[ Y] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)
[ Y] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[ Y] In the proper format/template
[ Y] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[ Y] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[ N] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[ Y] No red and/or broken links
[ Y] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[ Y] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[ N] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[ N] Obtusely redundant
[ N] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[ N] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[ N] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[ N] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[ N] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[ N] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ N] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[ N] Lacking Detail
[ N] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[Y ] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[Y ] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[ Y] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[Y ] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
I'll ask mostly for a little bit of clarity and such-can you link to the RP threads regarding the agreements on weapons and such?

Also, regarding the repairs section, remove the period inside the parentheses and it's coolio! ^^

I intend to finish this review by: To be honest, tomorrow should be fine if not later today.

Alrighty, everything does seem to be in order, so I'm going to set this as an APPROVED article, tagging @Wes since he had some interest in this earlier, just in case he has any last questions or w/e!

Another update, the U1 should be Tier 8 (like the original U1) according to the size guidelines instead of Tier 7.

I noticed an edit to the size of the Prototype version of the U-1 to match the production one. I was just wondering if @Zack could explain that edit so I can understand what the purpose was and why it was not matching previously.

Also, @Alex Hart can you explain why you edited the mecha to be smaller?

Thanks guys!

-Wes

The sizes were off and didn't make sense, so I was fixing them to be in line with what I, as the original creator, envisioned. Zack claims that his sizes are right and fit the artwork, but the artwork doesn't seem to show the plane being wider than it is long.

We've already shown the size of the U1 in RP, and there is size-comparison artwork for the U1. The size shouldn't be changed.

When is art ever perfectly to-scale? Only when things are horribly disproportioned should we really call BS on artwork.

I'm actually noticing some other issues, such as the weight is higher than I had originally meant for it to be, since this was made back before I knew how weights worked. It should probably be at best 15-17 tons at takeoff weight even if it's heavier than the VF-1, which I based the statistics off of.

Both Zack and Alex claim to be the article's creator, which is awkward, and the OOC author credit is missing from the bottom of the article for some reason.

The article was approved with the dimensions Zack provided so they shouldn't be changed unless that change is discussed on the forum prior to the edit.

I've spoken to both of them on Discord and also verified the length, based on the top-down image, is about 1.2 times the width, when it's in fighter mode.

Zack said he feels the mecha was "scaled down" without permission.

I created the original U-1, and had and have been making edits to the prototype to bring them into line with what I imagined and realistic figures. I just posted about that in the thread that the prototype was approved in, and I'm pretty sure that the production model wouldn't have features which varied so drastically from the prototype.

As FM I rejected the changes. That should be that.

The U1 was approved at a certain length in fighter mode / height in mecha mode. We've already used it in RP so that is pretty set in stone. We've also got height-comparison art so this shouldn't be changed.

I don't 'feel' that the height was scaled down: Alex scaled down the height of the mech. My feelings don't have a whole lot to do with it.

You're not a Faction Manager, @Zack - and again: what threads/posts are you referring to? Height comparison art is also not exactly grounds for objecting to a change, as such a thing isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules - and the art, as far as I know, isn't even on the wiki.

Edit: Note the lack of a "FM of USO" tag.

Since USO has been dissolved due to Zack's not returning to RP and inactivity, its assets have been folded into S6 per Zack's request so the faction approval now falls to @Jack Pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back