• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission U-1 Prototype Variable Mecha

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This seems pretty barebones. Is this considered 'complete' on your end and ready to be approved as is?

Also, most vehicle submissions require artwork to pass muster. Do you have anything being worked on?

As far as speeds in atmosphere go, we should probably have a chat with the site as a whole as to how fast things in the atmosphere should be able to go.

That being said, I think the appearance also needs a stronger description. Can you describe it as if you were describing what it looks like to an artist? Not just what it looks like as a fighter, but how it looks when transformed and what 'transformed' parts go where?

After that, we should start detailing some of the interior equipment, and note how many weapon hard points there are, and where they are (both transformed and not)

Someone might have to help me with the physical description. I'm not good at describing that kind of thing.

As for the transformation, after writing my first draft of how it works I looked at the classic jetfire for inspiration and found that the transformations were a lot alike. The only major difference is that the U-1's wings fold up more like the Valkyrie from macross.

Just try elaborating on the parts then, maybe explain what parts of the jet become what parts of the mecha. Then describe what this individual bits look like.

I'd rather like to know who is designing and manufacturing this. Vier? The Hexagon's engineering department?

Suggestion: Instead of drawing an outline, dump color and basic shapes and make a collage of what you think this looks like.

Eventually, you'll come to a conclusion that you really like by virtue of being able to move the bits on your canvas. Even something like Microsoft Word's simple shape tools can be a great way to brainstorm because unlike working with pixels like mspaint, its very easy to move the parts around.

Start with a front profile and work from there. Its usually the easiest way to make a transforming vehicle.

Thanks!
I'd rather like to know who is designing and manufacturing this. Vier? The Hexagon's engineering department?

I was thinking that Alex could call in a few favors. Lyco owes him for stopping the fight before she got killed, and Arccos owes him for stopping the fight before the Strat-Com unit was destroyed.

As spacer co-FM, I can say I doubt this sort of thing would take off with the Free State.

It has legs for walking on the ground, and no apparent mundane utility. It's fine for the USO, though since it's cracky.

Basically Freespacer engineering as a rule should be industrial like, multi-use (in a non-combat sense) and generally are empty frames you can slap a bunch of different modules on to turn into a bunch of different stuff, and as a general rule would only ever be made to walk if it was intended to scamper over a ship's hull.

This is like... Precision engineered for a single purpose, seems to have no use outside of combat, and only has hardpoints for different guns.

Also it transforms into a human, as opposed to turning into a crab. The superior lifeform.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back