• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission UCS Angelis species awaiting

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The wiki article stated:

"The creation of more human-looking species that are not human is currently restricted for the sake of encouraging more diverse species in the setting. As you can see, we have way too many human-looking species already!"

The species in question look similar to Elysians only in the effect that they are bipedal with wings. Their anatomy is different on the inside and I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that Elysians are omnivores; not herbivores. Aside from their extremely basic features they are a completely different species. They are much, much taller than humans. Their eyes have no whites. On top of this, I've now modified them to please the crowd with backwards facing knees and opposable toes for grabbing branches in which their species would have used historically to roost.

I do find it curious that you, Mr. Hart and a few others are always commenting on my posts. Do you enjoy my works? What do you think of the species as a whole?

Just by changing one or two aspects, you don't make a species be "humans but not quite human enough to mess with the rules"~

It'd be like if I wanted to add Klingons to SARP. Trying to account for the changes in their physiology doesn't really make them all that different from humans in the long run.

As far as the wiki tends to be concerned: If it looks mostly like a human, talks like a human, and lives in the same way as a human, it's humanlike.

...Also:
"The creation of more human-looking species that are not human is currently restricted for the sake of encouraging more diverse species in the setting. As you can see, we have way too many human-looking species already!"

Your wiki article: "The Angelis are most markedly different from humans on the inside rather than the outside." (Emboldened for emphasis.)

Above statements upheld. As far as we are concerned, Elysian’s are humanoids. Wikipedia itself states that the “winged human” angel in art is human-like.

The Elysian page itself states Elysians are humanoid.

Make your own species. We don’t need clone #4203.

Sure! Here's my suggestion: Just make them alternate reality Elysians and submit this, modified accordingly, as a cultural article for the Elysians from the alternate universe. Then they can be an existing species but still retain their origins and appearance.

@Wes I appreciate that suggestion and take it to heart. I'll do exactly that. I think it will make for some very interesting plot hooks as well.

Okay, so.. Do you mean make a culture page as part of the Elysian pages, or a culture page as its own thing that links to Elysian pages, or...?

I'm mostly asking because I may need to change aspects of my rework project accordingly.

Do note that this suggestion technically puts them under the power of the Elysian FM, since it’s listed as an Elysian page and not a UCS page.

I doubt this. Wes? Would you like to weigh in? I do believe that doing such a thing and putting it into someone else's power would simply cause the article to repeatedly 'disappear' due to networking issues. @Wes

First of all: I'm not that type of FM. We had someone like that in the past, but not now.

Secondly, Meta is correct in that an Elysian page would fall under my power/ruling. Really all that'd mean is I'm going to be asking some more questions than normal/requesting certain chances/etc. when it comes to submitting/reviewing/canonizing them.

First of all: I'm not that type of FM. We had someone like that in the past, but not now.

Secondly, Meta is correct in that an Elysian page would fall under my power/ruling. Really all that'd mean is I'm going to be asking some more questions than normal/requesting certain chances/etc. when it comes to submitting/reviewing/canonizing them.

I feel like I misexplained myself. I'm not worried about you. But there are many other FMs that seem to have a problem with most things I create. Putting something created by someone into the hands of another is a very dangerous precedent.

It always is risky... But sometimes you don't really have an alternative option for progress. Which sucks.

Regardless, I think Wes's idea, with some bonus input from myself, would be a good idea~

(Oh and the wiki has tracking on pages to see who edited, deleted, moved a page and stuff like that. So if someone tried to take your stuff down they'd get caught! :3)

Do note that this suggestion technically puts them under the power of the Elysian FM, since it’s listed as an Elysian page and not a UCS page.
That's not true. Faction managers control factions, not species. Because this group of alternate reality Elysians would be part of the USC and not the Elysian Celestial Empire, the faction manager of the ECE would have no control over them.
I doubt this. Wes? Would you like to weigh in? I do believe that doing such a thing and putting it into someone else's power would simply cause the article to repeatedly 'disappear' due to networking issues. @Wes
You would be banned for that.

Okay, so.. Do you mean make a culture page as part of the Elysian pages, or a culture page as its own thing that links to Elysian pages, or...?

I'm mostly asking because I may need to change aspects of my rework project accordingly.
What bout this? @Wes

The elysians are on the other side of the sector. When the Lorath are (if I recall correctly) just above where rascaldees will be placing his faction by just a few grid squares. Has it been considered using a lorath subspecies instead due to proximity and convenience?

Since they're newcomers, I'm not sure their location is really relevant since they didn't "grow up" alongside existing species.

You know, I missed some of the details like bat wings and talons at first, which don't seem to mesh with Lorath or Elysians. I noticed these when I was looking to see what color their wing feathers were, lol. I guess with a species called Angelis, one expects Angels. You know it might be also possible to just list these as a particular type of anthro, too.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back