Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC UCS ZENPYOU

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4483

In light of Yoroko's departure from the site, and the absence of the other GMs of the Zenpyou, I'm calling on the remaining players to either choose a new GM to lead them, or perhaps accept a transfer to a different plot. Kim is due back soon, but it's hard to say when she'll be truly available to run the plot.

For now, I'm kind of filling in for Yoroko. I don't know the Zenpyou's plot well at all, so if I end up being the emergency GM, you'll have to bear with me.

Please file nominations or ask questions here, and I'll respond as best I can.

I will be more than happy to play under you. It is not like I am here long time, so I don't think I could give a relevant word in choosing another GM. But I say if you are so nice to GM for us after Yoroko left then I should accept your offer and say thank you.

Other thing is I would like to stay on Zenpyu since I am not even playing it for that long. I think you could GM us until Kim will have time for it again, that is if you are willing to do so.

That's an ironic departure, seeing how I'd just sent Yoroko a message about my desire to withdraw from this plot. Here, I'll copy-paste it for all of you, just so that it'll be out in the open.

I'm sorry to say that I'm going to be dropping out of the Star Army boards. While I love my character, and there are some great roleplayers here, along with a really neat setting, I'm just not feeling the Zenpyou RP. It looked awesome from the start, but I feel like it's really dragged to a standstill. I'm more used to the pacing of in-person pen and paper games, and the occasional chat-based run. I'm willing to stick around for a few posts in order to help pull Wavrian out, but as soon as he's hit the sidelines and faded into obscurity, I'll be gone.

So, Zenpyou players, I bid you adieu, unless there's some last thing that you'd like me to do.

ShotJon, I appreciate the vote of confidence. We'll see what happens here.

Kassidy, are you leaving the SARP as a whole, or would you like to transfer to another plot?

I'll be leaving the whole of it. Forum RP just isn't clicking like it used to. Pacing's too drawn out for me, and my posts have felt totally lackluster. Might come back some day, but for now, I'll be taking a break.

I believe the plan was, after this mission, to put the Zenpyou on hold anyway.

Also, I think it's as good of an event to just... kind of end it. I don't know.

And another person leaving? Well, I wish you the best of luck too Kassidy. Take care!

I hope that the rest of you have fun with your future RPs. I've seen some great writing in here, and I'd be thrilled to see folks pop into the freeform chat site I use. So, until we meet again, fare well and have fun. :D

Thank you Kassidy; good luck to you as well.

In that case, for the remaining players (Kyoki, Ira and ShotJon) do you have plans to go elsewhere? If the vote favors ending the Zenpyou now, I can help everyone try and find new plots.

Hi Doshii,
As a member of the Zenpyou (Karasu Gin). I would suggest that it might be best to sunset the plot, and let someone start a new one. The direction on the Zen has been chaotic due to changing GM's and Co-GM's. If someone wants to start up a new UOC plot, then let the Zenpyou characters have a shot at applying to join it if they wish.

Nashoba.

I was thinking about putting Ai on the backburner anyway. With how weird the plots she's been in have been, I'm a bit lost as to where I want to take her and all that stuff. But, there is an interesting UOC plot that would start up, I might consider transfering. *shrug*

Nash, your suggestion sounds like the best.

If the plot sunsets, it'll essentially stop now — I've seen enough folks speaking about having nothing to post that I don't want to try and push it further.

Anyone here have ideas for a new UOC plot they'd like to try? This is a rare opportunity.

Well, the Mishhuvurthyar are attacking the UOC, so there's one source of conflict.

To tell the true Zenpyuo is my first plot so I would be sorry to abandon it. But I must agree with Nash at what he said. I would like to stay at Zenpyou but more important to me is palying my character and plot to continue. If it is problem to be at Zenpyou I don't really mind that much to change the plot. I would be sorry though.

Well if there will be UOC plot I can transfer there, I am not kind of man to make problems for anyone. I thinkd anyone should have fun and if someone weren't really happy with Zenpyou than there is not a reason to continue. So I don't really mind switching to a new plot. We all have to have fun.

Apparently Andrew has come back. Lucky timing! I'll speak with him, but I assume he will make good on his word and resume the UOC one way or another.

I'm hoping to wean myself back into the swing of things (I know I keep saying that) but things most likely are gonna pick up for me sometime in mid-November when I get to go to my next command and graduate my specialty school. =)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back