• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Umm.....I'm new.

Heliotrope

Inactive Member
Okay, so I am Heliotrope. I am new and I heard that everyone here is into helping out the new guys, so here we go.

So! On to me, I am a senior in high school and it is getting pretty hectic. College visits, sick mom and 7 younger brothers makes for an interesting week. I found this place roaming through Google and I needed a stress reliever, so here I am.

I found the introduction template and decided this would be easier. So here we go:

How'd you find Star Army?
Google

What interested you in joining?
Partly because I really enjoy the plot, but also because with my hectic life it would be nice to simply unwind with some role play.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes. I have done it over many years and over many different sites. Such as Teenink, Rpnation, Roleplay.me, Roleplaysocial.me and others.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
I have had many relationships start over role playing. I enjoy old romance. You know the grand showing of love, love letters, moonlight picnics and the sheer romance. I know it's sappy, but I am a little bit of a sap. Please don't judge.

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male or female characters? Male. I have a hard time understanding girls, so when I try to play them they come out more male.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? I prefer a planned RP, but if we at least establish characters and genre, I can handle a spontaneous RP.
  • Military or civilian characters? Both, no preference. Though, I'm more likely to play the military type myself. We'll see when the time comes.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Yes. I love exotic things, I love humans, I can get behind anthros, as long as the character is well-developed and interesting you'll be unlikely to hear a peep out of me. Any race would be fine, but I am in love with those snake characters!
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? I can do either. It sounds fun with both locations.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? No preference.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2
  • Violence: 3
  • Sexuality: 3
What's something cool you'd love to RP?

Well, I have always had a thing for cross species forbidden romances. So maybe warring soldiers become stranded in space when one of them tries to steal the others ships. Instead of fighting they decide the best way to stay alive is to work together. The agreed truce would be unstable at first, but as the time went on they would become more comfortable with each other, soon becoming friends, but knowing it would never last. Then on one fateful day something happens and they look into each others eyes. They see for the first time each others souls and the people they really are. From then on we could wing a romance.

Like I said. I am a huge romance guy

Welcome to Star Army! I'm Wes, the site's founder/admin guy and you probably already got my welcome PM with advice. As as experienced roleplayer I think you'll have no problem adapting to the Star Army setting. In spite of our huge lore, Star Army's fairly standard as far as space operas go, with a lot of familiar tropes from space pirates to starfish aliens. Don't feel pressured to learn the whole thing, and take as much time as you need.

You have a big-ass family! Wishing the best for you mom and on finding the perfect college. I actually worked in a high school up until last year, so I got to see a lot of students doing the same thing you're doing now. Definitely apply for any scholarships you can, even the small ones! Student loan debt is awful, and I know this from experience!

By the snake characters, do you mean these dudes?
fetch.php

:)

Hey another High School Senior! I am no longer the only one! \(• ◡ •)/

Welcome to SARP! I can assure you, as a fellow Senior, that you will enjoy this.

First off, @Wes Those are the characters I meant! I have already made a character of that species. Also thank you for your condolences

Also @Cmd_Jackson glad to meet you. I was actually looking for a maybe 1-on-1 rp just to get my feet wet. Would you either of you mind?

Last edited:
I could do a play-by-post one. What did you have in mind?

But I am terrible at romance, lol (ask my wife :p)

Hello fellow new person! Welcome to the site!

EDIT!
I would do a Romance RP with you, but I dont have an approved character yet, and the character I do have has a wide range of unpleasant things happening in their mouths.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back